Trip Report *COMPLETED*So much World so little time!

Forgive me if I forgot anyone..
@21stamps @Zipitidoda @Tuvalu @amjt660 @Jess G @PacNWTigger @Direwolf27 @blgauger @Ciara @KordovaJD @Doc Disney @mattchu758 @prfctlyximprct @Figment Forever @epcotlover888 @lostpro9het

Alright gang here we gooo!

Departure Day -Feb 1, 2017

I set my alarm for 7:15 am, and when I got up Brook was already coming out of the shower. My FIL was picking us up at 8:45 that morning for our 10:30 am flight. The plan was to arrive at PHL at 9 am. He picked us up a few minutes early and off we went! No line at security! Brook walked right on thru the metal detector, but I was stopped. The TSA agent said they were picking up metal on my thighs. Ummm...maybe lard, but I wasn't smuggling any metal. She asked me if I wanted a private room and that she was going to have to pat me down. I told her there was no need for a private room. She did her search and off we went! I stopped to buy my traditional Cosmo magazine and then we went off to find some breakfast. Brook decided she wanted McDonald's so we strolled over that way. Found 2 good seats over looking a runway. We ate, watched the planes take off and talked about our upcoming plans! After eating we walked over to our gate, but as usual it was packed so we sat at an empty one. We like being the last ones to board, so we're not sitting there for 20-30 mins. While waiting to board I got this guy...

roomtext.png

We hadn't even left PA and our room was ready!! Awesome!!! We were happy with the location, we just really didn't want buildings 1 or 7(furthest from lobby and food court). The flight was nice, I read and Brook slept and listened to music. We landed early and made our way down to the ME. The bus wasn't crowded at all and off we went! We got to FQ and Brook made a beeline to find Elsie. I waited at the front desk to ask about upgrading to AP's. I thought it could only be done at the parks or DS, but we upgraded right there!! SO EXCITING!! The merchandise discount was so nice!! Brook came over and said she didn't see her and asked me if I could ask a CM if she was around. The lady we asked said she had moved over to POR! Sad, but no big deal. I knew I'd be in for a few boat rides lol. Our first of which would happen after lunch.We were hungry, but didn't want to eat too much as we had an ADR at Chef Mickey's . We dropped our bags in our room which was perfect as far as location goes! Literally a 20 second walk to the food court!

Brook ordered kids chicken fingers and I can't remember what I got. I'm thinking it was soup. From there we strolled down to the dock to visit POR. Guess we strolled a little too slowly because we missed the boat by seconds. By the time we got to POR we were told that Elsie's shift had ended 15 mins earlier. Rats! We missed her! From there we took a bus to the MK and hopped the monorail over to CM's for dinner.
I was able to move it up to 5pm as opposed to 7pm I believe. We decided to hit up the MK afterwards since we had the AP's now and didn't want to get there that late. We arrived 15 mins early and checked in. Decided against a picture, watched the parade of characters and just relaxed. Our buzzer went off first! We were the first ones in and first ones to attack the buffet. We enjoyed the food and desserts, the characters not so much. I had originally booked this meal when I thought Kevin and Mia would be joining us. It was just awkward lol. We are super fast eaters so we left before they could make their rounds again. I explained to the waiter we were supposed to have a child with us so we were more interested in the food.
212017chefm.jpg

She'd kill me if she knew I posted this pic of her with no makeup! After stuffing our traps, Brook did some shopping. She wanted a new pin lanyard and a few other items. When she was done we took the monorail over to the GF so she could stop in Basin, her fave store on prop. That birthday and Christmas money was apparently burning a hole in her pocket. She decided on 5 bath bombs and then we headed over to the MK. We were tired by that point and didn't do much but take in the sights. We had such a nice day, fun, relaxing and always exciting!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
How far in advance do you need to make reservations?

If it's around a holiday or peak time, I'd do it ASAP. We always go between jan- April, so I've been able to make same day ressies. There have been times when our first choice was booked and we had to choose another location, but we've NEVER not gotten in. She's probably gone 10+ times since 2013. Full payment is due at booking, which is $55 and that includes dinner and snacks. Kids must be between the ages of 3-12 and fully potty trained. The $55 is a flat rate, whether you send them there for two hours or seven so it's not a bad deal at all. When we first started using the clubs, it was $15 an hour it dropped last year and we were shocked LOL

Last edited:

MotherofaPrincessLover

If it's around a holiday or peak time, I'd do it ASAP. We always go between jan- April, so I've been able to make same day ressies. There have been times when our first choice was booked and we had to choose another location, but we've NEVER not gotten in. She's probably gone 10+ times since 2013. Full payment is due at booking, which is $55 and that includes dinner and snacks. Kids must be between the ages of 3-12 and fully potty trained. The $55 is a flat rate, whether you send them there for two hours or seven so it's not a big deal at all. When we first started using the clubs, it was $15 an hour it dropped last year and we were shocked LOL
I'm currently just planning way ahead (like 2019) in my head. My son is still too young to go and my daughter wouldn't like going without her brother (even though she's 6 years older than him).

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Day 7 con't...

After his shave we headed over to HS for a little bit. It rained on the way there, but stopped once we arrived. We had a FP for RnRc so we did that first and then made our way over to ToT. The time posted was 20 mins but we walked right into the library! Since the wait was so short we decided to ride again, and again walked right on.

buffscruff.jpg

SCRUFFBDAY.png

Yeah, we're goofballs. Trying to come up with new poses for the rides if hard lol! After the rides we decided to head back to DS to have a drink. Clearly we were just zig-zagging all over property with no real plan. We arrived at Raglan Road, and it was drizzling slightly, but still nice out. We had 2 drinks and then decided to take a stroll and see the rest DS. We got up to leave and noticed tons of police presence. Then I heard a helicopter overhead and they started re-directing us away from where we were walking. I tired to be nosy and sneak a peak, but couldn't see anything. I even tried searching online for any incident that may have happened later on that night but couldn't find anything. Must not have been that serious! We walked to the BC bus stop and of course it was pulling away as we walked up. We waited for another bus for about 20 mins. Picked up Mia and made our way back to FQ to get ready for our last full day!

I just wanna get this TR over with lol...I always lose steam towards the end, plus I don't want to start my new PTR with this one unfinished!

21stamps

Day 7 con't...

After his shave we headed over to HS for a little bit. It rained on the way there, but stopped once we arrived. We had a FP for RnRc so we did that first and then made our way over to ToT. The time posted was 20 mins but we walked right into the library! Since the wait was so short we decided to ride again, and again walked right on.

View attachment 198217

View attachment 198218
Yeah, we're goofballs. Trying to come up with new poses for the rides if hard lol! After the rides we decided to head back to DS to have a drink. Clearly we were just zig-zagging all over property with no real plan. We arrived at Raglan Road, and it was drizzling slightly, but still nice out. We had 2 drinks and then decided to take a stroll and see the rest DS. We got up to leave and noticed tons of police presence. Then I heard a helicopter overhead and they started re-directing us away from where we were walking. I tired to be nosy and sneak a peak, but couldn't see anything. I even tried searching online for any incident that may have happened later on that night but couldn't find anything. Must not have been that serious! We walked to the BC bus stop and of course it was pulling away as we walked up. We waited for another bus for about 20 mins. Picked up Mia and made our way back to FQ to get ready for our last full day!

I just wanna get this TR over with lol...I always lose steam towards the end, plus I don't want to start my new PTR with this one unfinished!

Love the photos!!!!

Don't run out of steam.. just post a whole bunch at once so you can get it over with. That's what I finally made myself do.lol

I can't wait to read about your mother-daughter trip! So, Hurry!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Day 8...our last full day...

When we woke up I decided that we would pack everything we could then, instead of rushing around that night and the next morning. We slowly made our way over to HS.

We had a 12:50 pm ADR at Tusker House, but no one felt like going. When I called to cancel, the CM said I was too close to our arrival time to avoid the fee so I was going to be charged $40. That's NEVER happened to me before! I call and cancel a few reservations per trip, most of them same day, I guess I've just been lucky? Anyway, she wouldn't budge on the fee so I asked if I could reschedule for tomorrow. I was able to, and then I just called back a few mins later and cancelled that. Crisis averted! We continued on for some playtime at the Studios. We hit up ToT, RnRC, and ST. Stopped for some Starbucks on our way out, and continued on over to Guest Services.
I stopped in to find out how many credits we had left on our dining plan. It made me cringe! At that point, less than 24 hrs before departure we had 7 table service credits left and over 20 snacks! This was the first time the dining plan was a mistake for us. Only because Kevin and Mia missed the first 3 days of our trip. The wheels started turning in my head, so I checked out the app to see what signature restaurants had opening for that evening. I found an opening at Yachtsman and grabbed it for Kevin and I. He was excited, he said he had the best steak of his life there the summer we celebrated our 1 yr anniv.

We dumped the kids back at FQ and eventually made our way over to eat. We arrived and had a little bit of a wait, but the restaurant was empty. Kevin opted to go with an appetizer instead of a dessert(he hates sweets). He started with the lobster bisque, and since I wasn't hungry to begin with, no app for me LOL. I chose to go with the Chilean Sea Bass, which is Kevin's fave fish and it was great. He got the 16 oz Rib Eye, which is his favorite cut. It came with bone marrow. I was excited to try it for the first time and it was delish! For dessert I ordered the Creme Brulee, but couldn't finish it. Sorry for the crappy picture.

marrow.png

We were stuffed when we left, so we decided to relax in the lobby before we headed back to FQ. I just love the relaxed atmosphere of both the Beach and Yacht Clubs.

We got back to FQ and met the kids down at the food court so they could pick out a few snacks. We then spent some time in the gift shop before heading up to bed. The ME was picking us up at 11am.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Day 9...departure day...

We were lazy and laid in bed until 930. We didn't have much to do to get ready, so we hit up the food court, using up the last of our snacks for breakfast and drinks. Kevin, Mia and I boarded the ME without Brook, because she needed to stop in the restroom. I thought nothing of it until the bus started PULLING AWAY! I jumped up and yelled to the driver...''My daughter is still coming!'' I was sooo embarrassed, but he waited and off we went when she came out! Security was a NIGHTMARE at MCO, the worst we've ever experienced! We waited well over 30 mins, which has never happened to us there. After that, everything else was a breeze. We got home and had work and school the next day so vacay was OVER!

All in all it was a great trip. Even tho I packed in waaaaayyyy too much we still had a great time! It's crazy how rushed I felt the whole time, but when we arrived home, Brooklyn and I complied a list of things we DIDN'T get to do and it was insanley long!!!:eek:

We did NOT....

Ride SSE, CoP, Vegetable Boat Ride, Pirates, IASW, Nemo, and a few others...

We never made it to....Club Cool, Tusker House, 1900 PF, Pizzerizzo or The new Muppet show

We did make memories that our kids will have forever and that's all that matters! We will be back(in August) and the next time it will be different!

Thanks for following along...see ya real soon!

21stamps

Day 8...our last full day...

When we woke up I decided that we would pack everything we could then, instead of rushing around that night and the next morning. We slowly made our way over to HS.

We had a 12:50 pm ADR at Tusker House, but no one felt like going. When I called to cancel, the CM said I was too close to our arrival time to avoid the fee so I was going to be charged $40. That's NEVER happened to me before! I call and cancel a few reservations per trip, most of them same day, I guess I've just been lucky? Anyway, she wouldn't budge on the fee so I asked if I could reschedule for tomorrow. I was able to, and then I just called back a few mins later and cancelled that. Crisis averted! We continued on for some playtime at the Studios. We hit up ToT, RnRC, and ST. Stopped for some Starbucks on our way out, and continued on over to Guest Services.
I stopped in to find out how many credits we had left on our dining plan. It made me cringe! At that point, less than 24 hrs before departure we had 7 table service credits left and over 20 snacks! This was the first time the dining plan was a mistake for us. Only because Kevin and Mia missed the first 3 days of our trip. The wheels started turning in my head, so I checked out the app to see what signature restaurants had opening for that evening. I found an opening at Yachtsman and grabbed it for Kevin and I. He was excited, he said he had the best steak of his life there the summer we celebrated our 1 yr anniv.

We dumped the kids back at FQ and eventually made our way over to eat. We arrived and had a little bit of a wait, but the restaurant was empty. Kevin opted to go with an appetizer instead of a dessert(he hates sweets). He started with the lobster bisque, and since I wasn't hungry to begin with, no app for me LOL. I chose to go with the Chilean Sea Bass, which is Kevin's fave fish and it was great. He got the 16 oz Rib Eye, which is his favorite cut. It came with bone marrow. I was excited to try it for the first time and it was delish! For dessert I ordered the Creme Brulee, but couldn't finish it. Sorry for the crappy picture.

View attachment 198532

We were stuffed when we left, so we decided to relax in the lobby before we headed back to FQ. I just love the relaxed atmosphere of both the Beach and Yacht Clubs.

We got back to FQ and met the kids down at the food court so they could pick out a few snacks. We then spent some time in the gift shop before heading up to bed. The ME was picking us up at 11am.

Omg you had even more credits left over than I did. By a large margin. Such a sickening feeling!!!!! I sympathize with you :(

Glad you enjoyed Yachtsman!

I encountered the same thing with Chef Mickey. Next time I'm going to try to reschedule! Mine was only $20, but still.. I'd like to avoid it if possible.
But-- I didn't know you could trade an app for a desert. Does this apply to all restaurants?

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Omg you had even more credits left over than I did. By a large margin. Such a sickening feeling!!!!! I sympathize with you :(

Glad you enjoyed Yachtsman!

I encountered the same thing with Chef Mickey. Next time I'm going to try to reschedule! Mine was only $20, but still.. I'd like to avoid it if possible.
But-- I didn't know you could trade an app for a desert. Does this apply to all restaurants?

We are huge fans of the DP, and this is the first time we lost out. It really is a bad feeling ! Looking back, I should have bought another family breakfast or something.

As far as I know, you can swap anywhere...

21stamps

Day 9...departure day...

We were lazy and laid in bed until 930. We didn't have much to do to get ready, so we hit up the food court, using up the last of our snacks for breakfast and drinks. Kevin, Mia and I boarded the ME without Brook, because she needed to stop in the restroom. I thought nothing of it until the bus started PULLING AWAY! I jumped up and yelled to the driver...''My daughter is still coming!'' I was sooo embarrassed, but he waited and off we went when she came out! Security was a NIGHTMARE at MCO, the worst we've ever experienced! We waited well over 30 mins, which has never happened to us there. After that, everything else was a breeze. We got home and had work and school the next day so vacay was OVER!

All in all it was a great trip. Even tho I packed in waaaaayyyy too much we still had a great time! It's crazy how rushed I felt the whole time, but when we arrived home, Brooklyn and I complied a list of things we DIDN'T get to do and it was insanley long!!!:eek:

We did NOT....

Ride SSE, CoP, Vegetable Boat Ride, Pirates, IASW, Nemo, and a few others...

We never made it to....Club Cool, Tusker House, 1900 PF, Pizzerizzo or The new Muppet show

We did make memories that our kids will have forever and that's all that matters! We will be back(in August) and the next time it will be different!

Thanks for following along...see ya real soon!

Where were you when the ME pulled away from me??? I needed you!!!lol

It's so funny (in a not so funny way) that we plan so much, and then don't complete half of our plans.

Your trip still sounds amazing.. even with all of the "Didn't Do" items!! And honestly, I'd trade all of those, and more, for one Disney After Hours event. That's something that you will remember forever. And your husband's cool shaving experience...you still did a lot!.. Glad you guys all had fun!!

How often has Kevin's daughter been?
Does she love it as much as you and Brook do?

Re: the August trip- I bet you guys will get the construction pins in your room!!
(plus the ones that I still have to send lol)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Where were you when the ME pulled away from me??? I needed you!!!lol

It's so funny (in a not so funny way) that we plan so much, and then don't complete half of our plans.

Your trip still sounds amazing.. even with all of the "Didn't Do" items!! And honestly, I'd trade all of those, and more, for one Disney After Hours event. That's something that you will remember forever. And your husband's cool shaving experience...you still did a lot!.. Glad you guys all had fun!!

How often has Kevin's daughter been?
Does she love it as much as you and Brook do?

Re: the August trip- I bet you guys will get the construction pins in your room!!

I was mortified when the bus started leaving and I had to confess to everyone on it that I had forgotten a child lol!! They probably assumed she was like 3 or something...oh well!

The DAH was amazing!!! If I ever have the chance to do it again I would jump at it!! The horseback ride is something we will also never forget lol...That time was nearly blinded and tossed into the brush at Disney!

Mia and Kevin's first trip was in Sept 2013 when she was 7.5 and it was a nightmare for many reasons! This was her 4th trip and Kevin's 6th. She is def a junkie...Kevin not so much lol

Courtney6682

Original Poster

Oh! I have a shirt for lil T bird too along with the pressed pennies! I know you're not big on Disney clothes, but I think I remember you mentioning that HE said something about not having any? I have this from when Brook was 13...it's a child's medium I believe. I can double check the size after work today
MONORAILSHIRT.jpg

21stamps

I was mortified when the bus started leaving and I had to confess to everyone on it that I had forgotten a child lol!! They probably assumed she was like 3 or something...oh well!

The DAH was amazing!!! If I ever have the chance to do it again I would jump at it!! The horseback ride is something we will also never forget lol...That time was nearly blinded and tossed into the brush at Disney!

Mia and Kevin's first trip was in Sept 2013 when she was 7.5 and it was a nightmare for many reasons! This was her 4th trip and Kevin's 6th. She is def a junkie...Kevin not so much lol
He looked like he enjoyed it though!

Oh! I have a shirt for lil T bird too along with the pressed pennies! I know you're not big on Disney clothes, but I think I remember you mentioning that HE said something about not having any? I have this from when Brook was 13...it's a child's medium I believe. I can double check the size after work today
View attachment 198550

Oh my gosh that is cool! I would buy shirts that looked like this one. It's the multi colored obnoxious ones that I don't like (i.e. Every Disney Store Stitch shirt)lol
I've relaxed a bit on my clothing restrictions though.. I did get him the obnoxious LED shoes for Christmas.lol. I think it's because he's getting older and I feel guilty for never allowing that kind of stuff before.. now that he's running out of time. :(

21stamps

1. How has no one mentioned Cobie Smulders, the late great Gordie Howe, Avril Lavigne, or Drake???
2. How long is the Canadian promo going on? I'd love to get a pin this fall.
3. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip! :)
I didn't know that Drake was Canadian lol. But now I do remember that Avril Lavigne is!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom