1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip Report *COMPLETED*So much World so little time!

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by Courtney6682, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Courtney6682

Courtney6682 Well-Known Member

Forgive me if I forgot anyone..
    @21stamps @Zipitidoda @Tuvalu @amjt660 @Jess G @PacNWTigger @Direwolf27 @blgauger @Ciara @KordovaJD @Doc Disney @mattchu758 @prfctlyximprct @Figment Forever @epcotlover888 @lostpro9het

Alright gang here we gooo!

Departure Day -Feb 1, 2017

I set my alarm for 7:15 am, and when I got up Brook was already coming out of the shower. My FIL was picking us up at 8:45 that morning for our 10:30 am flight. The plan was to arrive at PHL at 9 am. He picked us up a few minutes early and off we went! No line at security! Brook walked right on thru the metal detector, but I was stopped. The TSA agent said they were picking up metal on my thighs. Ummm...maybe lard, but I wasn't smuggling any metal. She asked me if I wanted a private room and that she was going to have to pat me down. I told her there was no need for a private room. She did her search and off we went! I stopped to buy my traditional Cosmo magazine and then we went off to find some breakfast. Brook decided she wanted McDonald's so we strolled over that way. Found 2 good seats over looking a runway. We ate, watched the planes take off and talked about our upcoming plans! After eating we walked over to our gate, but as usual it was packed so we sat at an empty one. We like being the last ones to board, so we're not sitting there for 20-30 mins. While waiting to board I got this guy...

roomtext.png

We hadn't even left PA and our room was ready!! Awesome!!! We were happy with the location, we just really didn't want buildings 1 or 7(furthest from lobby and food court). The flight was nice, I read and Brook slept and listened to music. We landed early and made our way down to the ME. The bus wasn't crowded at all and off we went! We got to FQ and Brook made a beeline to find Elsie. I waited at the front desk to ask about upgrading to AP's. I thought it could only be done at the parks or DS, but we upgraded right there!! SO EXCITING!! The merchandise discount was so nice!! Brook came over and said she didn't see her and asked me if I could ask a CM if she was around. The lady we asked said she had moved over to POR! Sad, but no big deal. I knew I'd be in for a few boat rides lol. Our first of which would happen after lunch.We were hungry, but didn't want to eat too much as we had an ADR at Chef Mickey's . We dropped our bags in our room which was perfect as far as location goes! Literally a 20 second walk to the food court!

Brook ordered kids chicken fingers and I can't remember what I got. I'm thinking it was soup. From there we strolled down to the dock to visit POR. Guess we strolled a little too slowly because we missed the boat by seconds. By the time we got to POR we were told that Elsie's shift had ended 15 mins earlier. Rats! We missed her! From there we took a bus to the MK and hopped the monorail over to CM's for dinner.
    I was able to move it up to 5pm as opposed to 7pm I believe. We decided to hit up the MK afterwards since we had the AP's now and didn't want to get there that late. We arrived 15 mins early and checked in. Decided against a picture, watched the parade of characters and just relaxed. Our buzzer went off first! We were the first ones in and first ones to attack the buffet. We enjoyed the food and desserts, the characters not so much. I had originally booked this meal when I thought Kevin and Mia would be joining us. It was just awkward lol. We are super fast eaters so we left before they could make their rounds again. I explained to the waiter we were supposed to have a child with us so we were more interested in the food.
    212017chefm.jpg
    She'd kill me if she knew I posted this pic of her with no makeup! After stuffing our traps, Brook did some shopping. She wanted a new pin lanyard and a few other items. When she was done we took the monorail over to the GF so she could stop in Basin, her fave store on prop. That birthday and Christmas money was apparently burning a hole in her pocket. She decided on 5 bath bombs and then we headed over to the MK. We were tired by that point and didn't do much but take in the sights. We had such a nice day, fun, relaxing and always exciting!

wdisney9000, RoyWalley, bee and 18 others like this.
  2. PacNWTigger

PacNWTigger Well-Known Member

Following along! Thank you for the invite. Sounds like you guys had a great first day!

Courtney6682 likes this.
  3. joshsprincess921

joshsprincess921 Well-Known Member

Following along!

Courtney6682 likes this.
  4. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Will they get to meet up with Elsie or won't they?

Tune in tomorrow for another episode of Frolickin' in the French Quarter with Courtney and Brook.

BAM!

Drama.

dizowl, bee, DisneyBound2017 and 7 others like this.
  5. Courtney6682

Courtney6682 Well-Known Member Original Poster

I literally LOL'd...thank you!

Tuvalu likes this.
  6. Zipitidoda

Zipitidoda Well-Known Member

Whoo Hoo!! (in my Joy voice from Inside Out).

Not sure who this Elsie lady is but now I'm intrigued. Hopefully there will be pictures.

Tuvalu and Courtney6682 like this.
  7. amjt660

amjt660 Well-Known Member

AHA!!
    The game is afoot
    And murder is the game
    Will she see the picture?
    Will she actually try to kill her?
    Will she succeed!!!
    Time will tell!!!

BAM

More Drama

I like this game!!

Max

8. blgauger

blgauger Well-Known Member

I'm here!!! Looks like you're off to a great start! I'm going back and forth about upgrading to AP's while we're there in June. We aren't planning to move until July so wouldn't be utilizing them again until then. Is it worth giving up that month? I'm thinking long-term.. would I rather my pass expire in June 2018 or July 2018? Decisions, decisions... Lol

@Tuvalu @amjt660 does mine count as drama?? :cautious:

9. amjt660

I would put yours in the the Weird Al category of
    upload_2017-3-7_11-9-19.png

jk

We can call it drama if you want us to but if you do it too often you will become a queen
    I think princess is a better title

Max

bee, dmatt87, 21stamps and 2 others like this.
  10. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Upgrading to an AP this year gives you 13 months for the price of 12. So your AP would expire in July 2018 anyway.

Drama over.

11. Courtney6682

Elsie is a CM Brook and I first met on our January 2016 trip. She and Brook would chat every day(5 times a day) in the gift shop while she was down there hunting for pins. We unexpectedly returned to Disney just 3.5 months later in April of 2016 and the first thing Brook did was race to the gift shop. She came back saying ..''She remembers me and is asking for you, come say hi!!'' From there a friendship was born lol

12. Courtney6682

Hold it sister! Mine is only for 12 months! Commence the drama!!!

13. amjt660

Over?
    Way to pop that balloon Tuvalu

Max

blgauger and Courtney6682 like this.
  14. kaitertot5249

kaitertot5249 Active Member

I can't wait to hear more about your trip! So glad you and Brook got some mother-daughter Disney time!

Courtney6682 likes this.
  15. Jess G

Jess G Well-Known Member

YAYYYYY! So ready for this!

Courtney6682 likes this.
  16. Figment Forever

Figment Forever Well-Known Member

Sad that your trip is over but excited to read your trip report!!

Courtney6682 likes this.
  17. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Oops....my bad....put helium back in the balloon @amjt660.

Turns out the pay for 12 get 13 months is only for AP renewals.

@blgauger you may continue fretting over your dilemma.

bee, MySmallWorldof4, cgersic and 3 others like this.
  18. mlegerto

mlegerto Well-Known Member

Joining In! Great start.

Courtney6682 likes this.
  19. blgauger

blgauger Well-Known Member

Dang. :( I was so excited! The drama continues...

This is so sweet! What a fun tradition. :) There's a CM (Michael) at MK that I always look for because he made such a lasting impression when I first met him. However, he doesn't remember me so it's not quite as special as Elsie. :rolleyes:

20. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

Yes!!!!! It's about time, procrastinator! ;)

Can't wait to read more!!

Courtney6682 likes this.