Trip Report Completed - Relaxation, Stress, and everything in between - an August 2014 trip report

DisSplash

Nice to hear everything worked out for you -- and so sad to hear that you had to deal with that kind of stress at the Happiest Place on Earth. I am sure it helped a little bit to be there, but stress is still quite a monster.

So are you planning on staying at a different resort this year?

gwhb75

Original Poster
Nice to hear everything worked out for you -- and so sad to hear that you had to deal with that kind of stress at the Happiest Place on Earth. I am sure it helped a little bit to be there, but stress is still quite a monster.

So are you planning on staying at a different resort this year?

Thanks. Yes, we really lucked out this year in terms of our resort reservations. We have 6 nights at the Poly and then 5 nights and Wilderness Lodge. We've never stayed at either one of those, so we're pretty excited.

DisSplash

I have never stayed at the Poly, but I LOVE the Wilderness Lodge! We have been fortunate enough to stay there twice. You will not be disappointed, as that place is A-mazing!! Just driving up to the hotel gets one a little dewy-eyed. It is just so spectacular to behold as you come around the bend on the drive in.

The first year we stayed there, we stayed in one of the DVC 1-bedrooms and have been comparing everything else we have done to that. Nothing has measured up, unfortunately. Of course, just being at Disney is a consolation. But someday we will get back to that, as that was such a magical setting for us.

I think our only complaint is that the onsite quick service is quite small, but you can always take it all back to your room and enjoy it on your balcony!!

gwhb75

Original Poster
I have never stayed at the Poly, but I LOVE the Wilderness Lodge! We have been fortunate enough to stay there twice. You will not be disappointed, as that place is A-mazing!! Just driving up to the hotel gets one a little dewy-eyed. It is just so spectacular to behold as you come around the bend on the drive in.

The first year we stayed there, we stayed in one of the DVC 1-bedrooms and have been comparing everything else we have done to that. Nothing has measured up, unfortunately. Of course, just being at Disney is a consolation. But someday we will get back to that, as that was such a magical setting for us.

I think our only complaint is that the onsite quick service is quite small, but you can always take it all back to your room and enjoy it on your balcony!!

That sounds awesome. We're in studios at both the Poly and Wilderness. We're really looking forward to staying at both.

Kandi

I really enjoyed your trip report and i was looking to see if i was lurking in any of your photos as we go in August too. What dates are you there this year? We are there 13th -28th staying at the Beach Club, you never know we might end up in each others photos.

gwhb75

Original Poster
I really enjoyed your trip report and i was looking to see if i was lurking in any of your photos as we go in August too. What dates are you there this year? We are there 13th -28th staying at the Beach Club, you never know we might end up in each others photos.

This year we are booked from the 15th to the 25th (6 days at the Poly and 4 days at Wilderness Lodge). I plan on doing a PTR shortly. Glad you enjoyed the report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom