Trip Report * Completed* Our quick and rainy weekend trip!

Hi everyone! My Mom and I safely made it home Monday night from our trip so I wanted to get started on our TR!

Who?:
My Mom and I (Mary and Megan, the M and M’s as @Longers likes to call us :))
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7791708155.jpeg

Where?:
The Boardwalk Inn :rolleyes:
DSCF2024.JPG

When?:
September 3 – September 5, 2016

Why?:

Flights were on sale, huge AP discount at the hotels and well, why not?

Day 1: September 3, 2016
My Mom and I both got up around 5:15 am and got ready to leave. My Dad was kind enough to get up too and drive us to the airport!
IMG_0912.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG
If anyone remembers my last TR, you will remember the insane lines we encountered at Southwest and TSA in May. Luckily, I did not have the sinking feeling this time and my intuition was right. It was so dead at the Southwest counter that the worker checked us in himself instead of the computer (after my Mom and I spent the whole drive there memorizing the confirmation number to type in haha). My Mom got TSA pre-check and I did not. She was going to wait with me, but I had my laptop with me (more on that later) so we swapped bags and she took mine so we didn’t have to take the computer out. When I was in the regular line I ran into some friends to chat with! I also could see my Mom digging through my bag to find the bug spray I put in there to take it out (no one wants to get Zika!). She couldn’t find it, but you don’t need to take it out for pre-check anyway!

Anyway, my line wasn’t too long but it halted a bit when I got to the point where they check your ticket and ID. The people in front of me had either no ticket or the wrong passport, so there was some confusion. There was also a man behind me freaking out because he forgot he had a swiss army knife in his pocket and did not know what to do with it (they took it peacefully from him to be destroyed). Well, after all these delays I thought I was good. Unfortunately, no. When I get through the scanner thing something pops up in my stomach that looks like metal. Although this is weird, its actually not the first time this has happened to me for whatever reason. The TSA lady was super apologetic, but was like I need to search around your skirt. Only, I was wearing a skort and she didn’t know what to do hahahahaha. :p:D:joyfull: She wanted to move me to a more private area, but I really didn’t care as the whole thing was discreet. The best part was my Mom was sitting like 10 feet from me watching the entire thing trying not to laugh! Anyway they swiped my hands (for residue?) and deemed I was safe so let me through. The whole thing was very bizarre.

We were through security by like 6:30 and had a lot of time to kill so headed to grab some bagels and water.
In case you forgot what a bagel looks like
IMG_0920.JPG

After that we headed to the gate and waited a bit (like an hour, because we were so early haha)
IMG_2269.jpg

We got some good people watching in as we watched this lady (white sweater) move her wheelchair around so much that she started blocking in all those people sitting there :joyfull:
IMG_0924.JPG

We also heard some little boys come by us and said “This isn't our gate! We are going to Florida and this gate says Orlando!” It was so cute. Their Mom was shaking her head, “Orlando IS in Florida haha.”
Finally it was time to board! My Mom always sits by the window and I sit in the middle. It doesn't bother me to sit in the middle because I am so short :) Some guy came and sat next to me and he smelled so bad :hungover:. Luckily I must have gotten used to it because I forgot about it by the end !
Petey and Drake were ready for the trip!
IMG_2272.jpg

My Mom fell asleep in the beginning of the flight, so I entertained myself by putting my Magic Band on
IMG_2273.jpg

Eventually my Mom woke up and she started using my iPad to watch TV. It wasn't working well, so I gave her my macbook to use and she tried to move things around on it like it was a touch screen :hilarious::jawdrop:
All in all the wifi wasn't working that well so we ended up just watching The Little Mermaid and it finished right as I had to put my laptop away :)

Next up: MCO and the Boardwalk!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7794177402.jpeg

I was able to pick up a FP for Primeval Whirl on the bus so we hopped over to Dinoland
IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1292.JPG
IMG_1295.JPG

The guy who was next to me kept saying "Jesus Christ!!!!" so loud every time we took a turn or a drop :p It was funny, but I also agree with him! That ride is too much sometimes.
After the ride we thought we would head over to Everest to see how long the line was. We ran into Finding Nemo traffic on the way and it was so hot it got overwhelming to me. I already didn't feel great from Primeval Whirl and this kind of pushed me over the edge.
IMG_1299.JPG
IMG_1301.JPG

I needed to sit down and have a break for a second and my Mom took this incredibly flattering picture of me while I was sitting :joyfull:
IMG_3157.jpg

LOL!! Anyway, we decided against waiting for Everest so headed to the bus stop. We had a long bus wait and when a bus finally pulled up it said Beach Club and I jokingly started pouting, only the guy next to me saw me hahah. He told me that it was a tease!! The Boardwalk bus came right after though!
When we got back to the Boardwalk we decided to grab a small snack at the To Go place.
IMG_1308.JPG

We split the Mozzarella Sticks and the Chicken Fingers. Both things were actually really good!
IMG_1309.JPG
IMG_1310.JPG

Next up: saying goodbye

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We never did make it to Abracadabar!
IMG_1307.JPG

I have no idea what these 2 pictures were all about, but they were funny so I thought I would include them :)
IMG_3158.JPG

I think maybe she was maybe making fun of the wax hands they used to have on the Boardwalk.
IMG_2301.jpg

Anyway, we sat there arguing over wether or not we could eat under the Abracadabar awning or not when it all of a sudden started pouring so we ran over there with our food. I ended up getting hot sauce all over my shirt :( It was just spotty though so you couldn't really tell. After eating we carefully headed to the creamery, but we weren't really feeling it so left and headed to the bathroom to try and clean my shirt :) We then made our way to the Tragical Express bus stop and waited for our bus.
IMG_1312.JPG

We were actually temporarily in the smoking section so we moved closer to the entrance and people watched people coming in and out. Our Tragical Express finally arrived and soon enough we were sadly on our way home.
When we got to the airport we got through security fast with TSA pre-check and we grabbed a Pinkberry treat!
IMG_2305.jpg

This was yummy but I miss the salted caramel flavor.
We both left our bag "unattended" (we obv didn't though, went one at a time) when we went to the bathroom and someone tampered with it :p
IMG_3159.jpg
IMG_3160.jpg

Our flight got slightly delayed because there was a problem with the audio or something on the plane so while we waited I made the rest of our FPs for our November trip.
When it was finally time to board we boarded very fast! There was a Buffalo Bills player on our flight and we were SOO close to sitting next to him, but unfortunately the people in front of us did! Instead we got a guy who started at my computer the whole ride home watching me organize our photos and make itineraries for the next trip :eek::oops:.
IMG_2317.jpg

We landed just about 10 minutes after we were supposed to and sadly had to go back to normal life :(

Next up: final thoughts

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Final thoughts:

Time of year: It was still summer vacation for some people, but overall we did not find to crowds to be so bad! The weather was still very hot, but we don't get to see sun very often so we were fine with it!

Hotel: Loved the Boardwalk! It was so convenient to be close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and anytime we can walk instead of taking a bus is wonderful!!! Loved the pool and the slide! Enjoyed the nighttime feel of the Boardwalk. Really liked the decor and the atmosphere of the hotel. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the lack of quick service options which we knew going into it :)

Restaurants:
We really enjoyed all our meals! Can't say anything bad about any of them. New for us was ESPN and the To Go kiosk on the Boardwalk. Would recommend both for a quick bite to eat!

Length of trip:
It was so different for us to not be there for at least a week, but it was fun and exciting to have a weekend getaway! Would obviously prefer a longer trip though :p

Next up: MESP and Food and Wine Running

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Great trip report! I didn't take nearly enough pics on my trip. Maybe that's why I'm delaying writing it??? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Great trip report! I didn't take nearly enough pics on my trip. Maybe that's why I'm delaying writing it??? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for reading! Sometimes I think I take too many pictures.....and sometimes I get sick of carrying my camera around (esp when its hot) but in the end I like having the pictures and videos! haha

LisaBelle

All caught up! Sad you didn't get to see the MSEP, but since I just started to read your surprise trip report I knew I didn't have to be too sad. I've never been to 1900 Park Fare. I love Mary Poppins and Pooh so we may need to give it a try.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
All caught up! Sad you didn't get to see the MSEP, but since I just started to read your surprise trip report I knew I didn't have to be too sad. I've never been to 1900 Park Fare. I love Mary Poppins and Pooh so we may need to give it a try.

You would love 1900 Park Fare if you love those two characters! Plus the food is actually really good. I believe those two are only there for breakfast :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom