Trip Report *COMPLETED* OH NO! I've lost my magicband, Im hot and my back is actin up! A September 2015 TR

Hello all!

Well I'm home from WDW and working, SIGH, having major withdrawals... As i stood in my kitchen making my coffee for work this morning, i imagined to be in the POP food court filling my mug for a day in the park. Ahh i can dream :inlove:

We started our countdown just under 180 days and i cant believe how quickly it came and now went :( It was an amazing trip and we will definitely be back!

I am still getting all my photos together and jotting down notes but while my memory is fresh, i thought id start my TR :)

If you would like to read my Pre-Trip plus a little history on my past Disney trips you can read here-
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...eyworld-plus-a-past-trips-mini-report.901740/

Who:
IMG_1870.JPG

Ciara(ME!)-A disneyworld freak, 7th trip to the world, 1st time at UNI
Billy- My amazing boyfriend, His 1st time to FLORIDA ever

When:
September 20th-26th

Where: Stayed in RM 9324 at POP century
Visited every Disney park, both Disney water parks, Universal studios, Islands of adventure and a couple of Disney resorts!

We took lots of pictures, ate lots of food and had a whole lot of fun! Stay tuned :)

Ciara

Original Poster
Day 5/Part 3-September 24th 2015
They said they were just there to answer questions and I didn’t believe it, I asked Billy if we could keep checking because I just had a feeling and he agreed. Finally it was getting close to our splash fast pass time and we saw Big Thunder was down to 40 min. So we hopped in line! It was the widest ride in the wilderness! Billy thought it was fun and we kept trying to get on again later but no luck. Magic kingdom was really busy that day, by far the busiest park that week. We walked onto splash with our fast pass and only got a little wet.

MK_SPLASH_7469731477.jpeg

We looked at lines on the app, Buzz had a long wait and so did jungle cruise :( monsters inc went down basically same time, so we thought it would be a good time to have lunch. I asked if we could go to peco bills, I was craving their pulled pork. They had crazy long lines all the way out the door and no tables so we walked to cosmic rays and had lunch there instead. They were busy too but we got a table no problem. They did have this odd line system going on that I’ve never experience before.

IMG_1826.JPG

IMG_1827.JPG

After lunch it was time for our next fp, Space!!! Billy said we definitely had to do that again.

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7469789577.jpeg

We were pretty warm and sweaty from walking all over mk so we decided to head back to the hotel to change and freshen up. My mascara looked crazy from splash. I saw Marie just as we were leaving and even though it was burning hot waiting in line, I had to meet her!

MK_TWNSQR_7469812282.jpeg

MK_TWNSQR_7469812287.jpeg

Billy got a photopass of his own while waiting, and then decided to join!

MK_TSHOLIDAY_7469804749.jpeg

MK_TWNSQR_7469812298.jpeg

acrab3t

Yes! Its delicious. Its made by ace cider, which i think is a California company. It will actually come up again on day 2 of this report, with a photo! ;) Its rare, i don't see it many places!
I must find some! Love pineapple, love cider so this has to happen!

Ciara

Original Poster
Day 5/Part 4-September 24th 2015
After quickly freshening up and changing at the hotel, we were off again! We had planned to do some shopping at DTD earlier in the week but because we were constantly running late, never had much time. Also wanting a drink, DTD was the perfect mid-day escape from the busy park. As soon as we got there we headed straight for dockside margaritas. I had a mojito, can you tell I like those? It was the best one I had on the trip, so I had another! Billy got a rum runner and a patron margarita. The bartender here was great! He chatted with us for a long time.

IMG_1954.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

After two drinks each we were ready to shop! We went to trend, the Christmas store and world of Disney. We both bought a ton of stuff from world of Disney. Mostly all gifts for our family and friends. Knowing we were headed straight back to the park and not the hotel, we had our items sent back to our room. It worked awesome by the way! First time using that service. We got another drink and sat on a bench and enjoyed it while people watching.

IMG_1960.JPG

A Storm was approaching and we weren’t really ready to head back to busy MK. Plus I had been wanting to get a lapu lapu, so what a better way to wait out the storm? We got on a bus for the Polynesian just in time. It started slowly raining on the bus but had mostly stopped as we were pulling up. Wow the Polynesian is beautiful! I couldn’t help take pictures and walk around the hotel. Bucket list hotel for sure!

IMG_2305.JPG

IMG_2303.JPG

IMG_2302.JPG

IMG_2304.JPG

IMG_2306.JPG

We enjoyed our lapu lapu on the beach just before the down pour began. I totally dropped part of mine but felt bad asking for it to be fixed so I never did!

IMG_2307.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

At this point we were caught right in the middle of the worst part of the storm sooooo we got another drink haha on the way back inside, at the outside bar of trader sams. We talked to the bartender here for a while too but I was feeling those drinks so I don’t remember what about! We found our way to the monorail and finished our drinks on it. Not sure if you’re supposed to drink on the monorail so I was feeling like a rebel. Oh yeah, can you guess what I got? Billy got something with ginger beer thing, he didn't love. Sipping away, we pulled up to the magic kingdom in no time.

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
Day 5/Part 5-September 24th 2015
We clearly had a good time drinking because we made it back to MK with only an hour to play! Immediately I saw Tink had a 15 minute wait for her meet n greet. Billy knew how much I wanted to meet tink so we went! Her wait only ended up being about 5 min! So awesome and so glad I can finally say I’ve met her!

IMG_2309.JPG

MK_TSFAIRIESBCHAR_7470159625.jpeg

After meeting tink all I remember is running, and thinking why are we running? Ive drank too much for this. We had a fast pass for seven dwarfs so we ran there but it went down, they didn't know how long so they were telling us to check back. I thought we only rode big thunder mountain once but now I see a picture in these outfits, it must have been twice.

IMG_1963.JPG

Oh those mojitos… Now if I think about it I think the parade had just ended so again we ran there. Well after thunder we basically had no time and Billy really wanted on space one more time, more than he wanted dinner. So we were off running again! We discovered in line that we had gotten a free fast pass for seven dwarfs going down. Unfortunately space, the ride we were in line for, wasn’t on the list. We rode space anyway but when we got out it was 930!

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_7470208250.jpeg

There was no way we would make another ride and dinner, I wasn’t even sure we would make dinner! We tried hustling to dinner but we didn't make it. We did get this awesome photo thanks to a great photographer and great timing.

MK_MSCINEMA_7470211419.jpeg

Since we tried they didn't charge us but I'm still so bummed out about this :( it was our only character meal and we never met Mickey and Minnie :( It was late in Disney time so as far as dinner options there were none, we ended up back in DTD and we got earl of sandwhich. It was delicious but not chef mickeys :( we picked up two more items that we had missed earlier and called it a night.

Ciara

Original Poster
Next up... Drinking around the world F&W style and our final day in Disney :( Stay tuned! Being off for the holiday those two days may take awhile. Thanks to everyone who has read and followed along! Also for the patience!

Happy thanksgiving everyone! :):):)

prfctlyximprct

Next up... Drinking around the world F&W style and our final day in Disney :( Stay tuned! Being off for the holiday those two days may take awhile. Thanks to everyone who has read and followed along! Also for the patience!

Happy thanksgiving everyone! :):):)

Happy Thanksgiving! I am so jealous of your drinks around Walt Disney Wold! You guys really did this trip right! Those Lapu Lapu's are so strong! Really impressed that you were able to run after them! I could barely walk! Muhaha.. loving your updates! You can totally tell you had an amazing trip! I want to check out so many of these bars now!

Ciara

Original Poster
Love the updates!! I need to go to universal!

Happy Thanksgiving! I am so jealous of your drinks around Walt Disney Wold! You guys really did this trip right! Those Lapu Lapu's are so strong! Really impressed that you were able to run after them! I could barely walk! Muhaha.. loving your updates! You can totally tell you had an amazing trip! I want to check out so many of these bars now!

Universal was really cool, I recommend going at least once! I don't really feel the need to go back like I do Disney lol, I think you get spoiled by Disney! I felt so happy to be back on property after a long day. But the roller coasters and the Harry Potter stuff totally made it worth it!

Haha we definitely did! But the drinks were always soo good. And when on vacation, with no where to be but ADR's :p I think it helped that I spilt mine and the adrenaline rush from the coasters bahaha. You should definitely check some out on your next trip! There are SO many around Disney to explore!

ScarletBegonias

Glad you are back!!!!

We loved Forbidden Journey and rode it a couple times! I don't even get motion sick, but that one bothered me. However, it was so worth it!

Ciara

Original Poster
Day 6/Part 1-September 25th 2015

I have been having major Disneyworld withdrawals and I figure it’s about time to finish this report! Plus we have been talking major Disneyland plans and I can’t start another trip report without finishing the first!

I don’t have as many notes from these last two days, and it’s been awhile so hopefully they don’t suck!

:p

We woke up surprisingly early and eager to get going. We had a great time drinking the day before, don’t get me wrong, but there were a lot of rides and things we missed simply because we did have enough time in the actual park. We were both ready to really seize the day and knock out a LOT of attractions. I think we may have grabbed a bagel for breakfast and then hopped on the bus for blizzard beach. It wasn’t the best day to go to a waterpark, it was kind of stormy and raining off and on all day, but it was good for us because the park was pretty much empty! The two biggest slides at blizzard beach were closed :( but we were going to try to ride everything else! Immediately we got a locker and stashed our stuff. Not sure where to start we got in line for the chairlift to get to the top of Mt. Gushmore. Teamboat springs had almost no wait so we got on that first. This is my favorite ride at Blizzard beach! I don’t think they allow less than 3 now, but one time they let my mom and I ride alone. It was so much fun, we almost got tossed out of the tube! Probably why they make you have more people! From there we got our workout on, walking up the stair for runoff rapids, we went twice! There was the cutest little family behind us in line and the little girl really wanted to ride but the mom was worried. Dad is like she will be fine! And you could just tell how unsure the mom was and then it was making the girl nervous. Well she rode it right behind me and all I heard the whole time was her giggling all the way down and mom was so happy, it was great :D It started raining pretty hard but we were already wet so oh well! We rode the chairlift again thinking there was more rides at the top but with big slides down, it was only teamboat! No one was in line and we had to get down the mountain somehow so of course we rode again, the family this time was more fun to ride with. They had clearly never been and each turn and dip was a woahhh and woooo! We were having a good time and getting a lot done with no one in the park. Even though it had a long line, we wanted to ride downhill double dipper. I had never been on before and it seemed like the next best thing to the slush n gusher. Holy moly! This slide was scary! But fun scary. I thought about halfway down I was going to lose my tube. You catch air on that thing! We both walked off laughing so hard, we had no idea it would feel that fast. Next we went back and forth between the storm slides and the racers for a couple rounds. Billy beat me both times on the racers! It then started to rain again, this time pouring. We had done a lot and worked up an appetite so we agreed it was a good time to have lunch. With the rain so did everyone else, lucky for us a very nice mom and daughter offered to share their dry table with us! I don’t remember what Billy got but I got a chicken wrap. As I was eating I was sort of reading the receipt when I noticed at the bottom, it had said we redeemed two table service meals. Table service?! That was quick service! Instantly I thought the girl at the counter must have done something wrong, why hadn’t she asked if we wanted to use table for counter? We would have gladly paid if we were out! After I thought about it for a moment I realized we had used our last counter service on dinner when we didn’t plan on it. Opps our bad. Well I was still a little bummed about the table service thing and I had to call and cancel our Teppan Edo ADR for later that night. They were very nice and again we didn’t get charged. Still a major bummer! We had done all the slides in the park, with the exception of the kiddie stuff and we didn’t feel like floating the river so we got ready to leave.

When we arrived back at the hotel we were really indecisive about what to do! We wanted to go to the food and wine fest but also wanted to go back to MK more than anything. There was a Halloween party that night so for us the park would close at 7pm and it was already close to 4pm… This was the one day we REALLY wish we had a park hopper. We decided Epcot was really our only option and got ready to go.

EPCOT_ECENTR1_7470840168.jpeg

Epcot was REALLY busy. I think this was the first day of the festival and a Friday night so it made sense but I have never seen world showcase so busy in my life! We headed straight for the first booth we saw, Farm fresh. This worked out perfectly because they had cider flights! I of course was all over that and the line was long, all the lines were long so Billy got one too.

IMG_1966.JPG

We had strategically saved our snack credits and had about 8 or so between the two of us, but we were sort of being hoarders and trying to save those for the best things we saw! We grabbed a small table near the booth and enjoyed our flights! I wasn’t a fan of the pumpkin, but the elderberry was mmm good :hungry: We started strolling though world showcase starting with Mexico, this ended up being a good choice because MARGARITAS haha. I don’t love te-kill-ya but I had a pomegranate margarita and woah so good, also so strong! I think Bill got a patron or something more traditional like that.

IMG_1968.JPG

We spent a long time in Mexico, looking at all the goodies. I ended up buying a sugar skull keychain for my friend, she loves sugar skulls. We were both majorly impressed with the amount of stuff they sell in the pavilion, all so cool! Billy was thought Mexico was super cool, especially being nighttime in the day :) From Mexico we wandered through the countries browsing shops until we made it into Germany for a grapefruit beer and more browsing, we were both loving drinking around the world.

IMG_1967.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

A margarita made in Mexico and being enjoyed in Germany?! Who knew! It started raining, I mean pouring, again as we were in line for the beer. We thought for sure all the people would clear out of the park but as we enjoyed our beer under an awning it seemed everyone was going to wait it out or too drunk to care, so we finished our beers, whipped out our ponchos and onward we went! We followed the party into the chase lounge trying to stay dry. We waited for a while to get in, so once inside we grabbed a beer and a wine and tried to take pictures in the photo booth thing. We got a good one but emailing it wasn’t working so picture or a picture it is!

IMG_1833.JPG

Ciara

Original Poster
Day 6/Part 1-September 25th 2015
After wine in the chase lounge i had my fair share of alcohol and needed some food! We went back to Italy and got some cheese stuffed raviolis that were amazing! The sauce tasted like it was made fresh :hungry: from there the mission was less about alcohol and more about food… or so we thought! We got pork sliders from the Hawaii booth and some other kind of snack I’m totally drawing a blank on… I feel like maybe something with meat? Maybe something from the Dominican republic? Oh that wine… Hahah. Sure that it would be last drink of the night I had to try one of the slushes from France.

IMG_1971.JPG

I think it was the orange one? Ignore the pile of bandaids bahahaha. I don’t remember if Billy got anything but he usually isn’t one to let me drink alone ;) We were heading out of world showcase when we realized we both had a snack left! So we stopped for some le cellier steak bites from the Canada booth and OMG sooooo good! Best thing we tried all day! We decided it was time to call it a night. We both wanted to be well rested for our last day., but on the way out I noticed everyone walking into a building I had never seen open. I had to know what was inside so I dragged billy with me to find out what it was. Just our luck, they were serving the craft beers! We had been looking for this all day so of course we had to stay! We both got a flight :p

IMG_1979.JPG
IMG_1977.JPG

IMG_1836.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

By our pictures, Clearly the drinks were getting to us :hilarious: As we were drinking our flights and discussing plans, Billy realizes he still hasn’t gone on the one ride he really wanted! We raced and rode single rider so Billy could finally ride test track :D

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_7471013793.jpeg

IMG_1974.JPG

IMG_1976.JPG

Billy could barely keep his eye open on the bus, but i wasn't quite tired yet. I wanted to wear my favorite dress again so i did a load of laundry and walk over to AoA, i hadn't seen the little mermaid stuff yet! I was just trying to take in as much Disney as i could, so sad that tomorrow would be our last day.

IMG_1842.JPG

IMG_1846.JPG

I knew how much i would miss it and i was right :(

prfctlyximprct

Yay!!! You're back!! I loved your update! I just found out the Food and Wine fest will be going on when I'm in the world and your pictures are making me even more excited! That is such a smart idea to save snack credits! And the craft beer flight? Yes, please! Looks like you guys thoroughly enjoyed your night at Epcot, so I am glad that is the park you chose! Loving your report, so happy you are going to Disneyland in November! Can November be here now?!

KaitlinH

You guys rock! My BF and I are going to WDW for the first time as a couple (I've been there about a million and one times and he's been a few times when he was younger with family) and I hope we have as much fun as you guys are having!!

Ciara

Original Poster
Yay!!! You're back!! I loved your update! I just found out the Food and Wine fest will be going on when I'm in the world and your pictures are making me even more excited! That is such a smart idea to save snack credits! And the craft beer flight? Yes, please! Looks like you guys thoroughly enjoyed your night at Epcot, so I am glad that is the park you chose! Loving your report, so happy you are going to Disneyland in November! Can November be here now?!

That's exciting! The food and wine fest was so fun, Im glad we decided to go! Are you guys doing the dining plan?

I just booked our hotels for Disneyland :D:D For November! Hahah my boyfriend doesn't know... He wants to wait for February but i MUST go when its decorated for Christmas

I cannot wait! November come sooner o_O

Ciara

Original Poster
You guys rock! My BF and I are going to WDW for the first time as a couple (I've been there about a million and one times and he's been a few times when he was younger with family) and I hope we have as much fun as you guys are having!!

Hahah thank you :rolleyes:

When are you going?!

Im sure you guys will have a blast! We miss it so much, we will definitely be back!

Ciara

Original Poster
LAST DAY:( September 26th 2015

We didn't wake up early... Hahah at all. We ended up getting up and going about noon. We packed up our home for the week and watched more Disney channel. It was a Saturday and the parks were busy so this wasn't the best choice on our part. We ended up going to DHS simply because we had a fastpass for Rockin and it was by far our favorite ride!

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_7471441433.jpeg

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_7471441469.jpeg

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_7471498760.jpeg

After rockin we really didn't do much. We were tired and sad and we just slowly strolled though all the shops back to the entrance.

IMG_1980.JPG

We had a fastpass for ToT but we were worried we would be late for our flight if we tried to make it. We decided just to head back to our hotel early. Once there we strolled the grounds of the resort and looked at everything we could in the gift shop, i was sad, so sad. I may or may not have cried... okay i did :cry:

Our trip home was not very fun... The DME was so busy we had to wait for 2 different buses to get everyone on, security at the airport was the worst ive ever experienced, and one of our flights was delayed.

IMG_1981.JPG

IMG_1982.JPG

We arrived back home just shortly after midnight... good thing no one was working the next day!

Ciara

Original Poster
THOUGHTS

Is it crazy that i am more excited to write this part?

Okay so everything about our trip was better and more than i could have ever hoped for! But i love planning and doing new things, trips just inspire me to make plans for more trips!

My main goal was just to have a good time and turn billy onto my Disney madness :cautious:

He started the trip "i think every 5 years we should come back" Five years?! is he crazy??? and it ended with "well maybe every 3 years, things seem like they change a lot" Okay cool 3 years, i think i can do! And then we had friends go to Disneyland, had a great time, so we decided we had to go to Disneyland(never been) before we went back to Disneyworld. Sooooo... were going to Disneyland this year!! In November :) If it were up to Billy we would wait till February, what he doesn't know is that its already booked, opps! ;)

But back to WDW...

Our hotel- I loved it! It was perfect. That may be saying a lot for a value but seriously. We spent more time in the room than we thought we would and found it to be very nice. The hotel is maintained amazingly well, they were cleaning and painting all the time! The room itself was more than spacious for two people. Maid service we only got every other day and every time was great! Leaving us little Disney touches each time. I think if we were to go for a week or more we may upgrade to a moderate, mostly for the restaurant. Otherwise value suited our needs perfectly!

The parks- Lots of construction! We still had an awesome time but i had no real idea of how much construction there really was. I know i know there is always construction but we do want to wait until some of its done to go back! Otherwise as amazing and magical as always :inlove: The waterparks however need help, they were dirty and ran down. Rides not working... Disney needs to give them some serious TLC.

The food- I recommend everywhere we ate! and got drinks, it was all amazing, the service was amazing! Next time we will have to pick all new restaurants to try!

Ticket choice- We decided to skip the park hopper and i wish we had not. If hours were longer we may not have felt we ever needed it but some parks closed at 7pm so we would choose one open longer that maybe we didn't really care to go to. Guess in the future it would all depend on our plans and park hours.

Memory Maker- We decided to buy this after! So we payed more but once you have all the photos its hard to turn them down! I would think about how much you would really use it but honestly for the value i will buy it every time! The ride photos are especially worth it.

Universal- Cool but i have no plans to go back soon. Harry Potter is almost enough but not quite... I just didn't love it. Maybe we will go like every other wdw trip?

Dining plan- Loved it! Helps make everything feel all inclusive which i love! We probably wouldn't have gone to some of the places we did without it. If i were actually purchasing the plan i would want to really think about it but if Disney is offering it with packages, sign me up! Our meals consisted of $40 lunches and $90 dinners each day, paying out of pocket we would never spend that much... We are definitely more thrifty eaters. And then having all our snacks left for food and wine, we would have spent over $100 buying them. It was so fun to splurge without really splurging!

Food and Wine- We were not very excited about this at first, but seriously so cool! Every trip we will try to go during the festival now. We like to drink and eat while we walk and look so i am not why we ever thought this wasn't going to be fun. It wasn't cheap but i wouldn't say a bad value. Flights and drinks were comparable to prices we pay here at home we just had more of them! HA I didn't pay a whole of attention to food prices but using snacks is a great idea! I got that tip from another user and we just had whatever we felt like and they were all considered snacks!

Transportation- We never waited long at all! Buses seemed to be running quickly and the couple times we waited it wasn't long. DME was empty and fast on the way there, packed but still pretty quick on the way back. Uber worked out awesome the couple times we used it. Only place that was weird was Disney Springs, we had to be picked up across the street which got a little confusing!

Weather-
It was SO HOT! I've been in late august and early September and it has never been so hot! I feel that we would have enjoyed ourselves a bit more if it was cooler. Maybe next trip will wait till October? Id love to go in February for my Birthday but that means no Food and Wine :( We shall see! Whats your favorite time to go?

Ahh i cant wait to go back :rolleyes: Seriously best vacation of my life!

Most likely we are looking into 2018 for another WDW trip :( but if you care to hear about my Disneyland fun ill be starting a pretrip real soon!

Thanks so much to everyone who read, commented and followed along! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom