Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

GrimGrinningGhost15

I am so sad that this trip report is over, I have been reading over the past 3 days and loving every second of it. Congrats on your engagement!! I 100000% recommend a disneymoon. We took ours in 2015 and it was the best most magical bubble. Our family and friends kept saying, "go somewhere tropical, don't do disney again"... but nothing compares and THEY JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND! Being in disney world with your husband, getting the "Cavalieri Family" Disney pre-trip package, checking in at the resort as Mr. and Mrs, wearing the just married pins.... happy tears!

Congrats again!

Ciara

I am so sad your TR is over :arghh: Who will hold me over until SEPTEMBER???? It was a great read as always! You definitely have added some beer/ciders to my try list! I feel left out never having a golden monkey, seems so popular! Oh! And I'm so happy for your real life fairytale :inlove: I followed you on Instagram!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I love this! I think it's a perfect wedding spot, but I also think it is a perfect place to be happily every after. I look every day for the perfect job in a Twilight area. ;)
I grew up in North Jersey, so we went to the Poconos a bunch for family trips. Joe has a mountain house in the area as well, so it's the perfect middle ground! I have to start touring to find my perfect wedding in the woods venue! LOL

It's so much more than a tour! Yeah, you spend a good bit walking around seeing some behind the scenes action but you also get to SWIM IN THE TANK!!!
View attachment 182812
Ahh! will definitely be looking into this! I love the Seas ever since the Boy Meets World episode, and Joe seemed to be so into it this trip! This would be a perfect activity! :)

Not many people can say that. You are blessed -- so happy for you!
Thank you so much! :inlove::inlove:

Once upon a time two of my cousins and I were going to do the college program. And guess which dummy stayed home with her stupid boyfriend while her cousins went and had the time of their life....I will give you a hint: ME!
I don't believe in regret, I believe everything happens for a reason. Except for that. Biggest mistake ever. In the end it turned out okay, I dumped the stupid boyfriend and met my husband and turned him into a Disney addict. But best believe I often kick myself in the *** for that one whenever I hear my cousins trade stories.
Love love love your pictures with Donald.
The posts about the demise of Epcot makes me sad. I love that park, and like you Spaceship Earth gives me that old school feeling.
Ugh, boys!!! :p But, it seemed to all work out in the end! So it was meant to be! I regret it all the time, but then I try and convince myself that working for Disney wouldn't let me love it as much, I kind of like not being behind the scenes. So maybe we both weren't meant to do the college program, and now we can just be constant guests :)
And I love Epcot so much. Spaceship Earth still holds that old "edutainment" magic.

Lol! Disney obsessed roomies living within 30 minutes of WDW.. I see nothing that could possibly go wrong with that. :hilarious: I soooooo regret not doing the college program too!!! I didn't even know that it existed until I had started into my field experiences/student teaching, at which point it was too late. :cry: I'm in grad school with a girl who did it and we geek over everything Disney all the time (who cares what the professors are saying :rolleyes:). She raves about her experience and makes me have even more regret!!!
I've already been considering the TR possibilities! :hilarious: Will it be a continuous "hey I went to Disney again today" thread? Individual threads detailing each visit? The possibilities are endless!!!
You look gorgeous for your Cali Grill dinner!!! I am so excited to have my turn! I'll be a big ol' cry baby during Wishes too. :cry:
"This is my picture. This is not." I laughed out loud at this. :hilarious:
I found out too late about the college program too, and couldn't fit it in to my course load :( UGH!!! Now my dream is to retire and be a greeter or something, Disney has to hire me!!!
I can't wait for your abundance of trip reports! When Joe and I watched Boyz II Men, we chatted with a couple who had moved to Florida and became annual passholders. They said it was awesome to crave a certain Disney restaurant for dinner, and to actually be able to act on it. How cool would it be to want Mama's one night, and then just hop in the car and get it?! UGH, jealous!!!
Thank you for the compliments, I saved my favorite dress for Cali Grill! Cali Grill is definitely an experience, you will love it! Make sure to sit at the bar for a little, it's nice to just soak in the atmosphere.
And LOL.. my pics are horrible! :p

I did this too!! I mean, you can't just leave it there. I used to have a piece inside my phone case, like between the phone and the case. But it fell out at some point :(.

So glad you got to experience Wishes from California Grill! It's so wonderful. And you look so beautiful in those pictures!
Thank you, you are too kind! And some of the confetti is still sitting at the bottom of my wristlet. I should stick it in my phone case... I will have to mail you some replacements! :)

NOOOOO!!!!! Wahhhhh :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: It can't be over!!!! Your trip reports are the best! I am so glad you had such a magical time, I will truly miss reading your report.

ahhhhh channeling Dave Matthews....my favorite
Thank you! I can't believe it's all over too! I swear the Disney depression doesn't fully hit until my trip report finishes. Time to plan the next! LOL

Your honeymoon could live up to that dinner if it happened in the same place.. just saying. ;)

I AM SO SAD THIS IS OVER. Who will keep my Disney blues away until June!? :cry:

I don't have the words to describe how much I loved this, your engagement, all of it. :inlove:
Thank you again! I don't know how I will last until June. Maybe ROL will finally get released and I convince someone to go with me! Haha!

Disney Crying Level 11: @prfctlyximprct finishes her trip report!! So SAD!! I have thoroughly enjoyed and looked forward to reading your Disney report and proposal story each day. I am going to go through Princess Nicole Trip Report withdrawals now! What will I do with the rest of 2017? I think we need to take up a collection and send you back to WDW!! I will miss your writing, wit and love for all things Disney. Thanks so much for sharing your story. I loved every minute of it.
Thank you so much!! I honestly could cry at your comment! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for following along with me! I have enjoyed sharing and reading everyone's comments, and everyone else's experiences! I am so thankful to be able to chat with people from all over about our common love for Disney. And hey, if anyone donates to your collection, I'd be happy to continue my trip reporting! LOL :p

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
So excited for you! I am so happy that you are following your dreams. You are absolutely right about taking this opportunity while you are young. You can be like @Tuvalu and write lots of reports. I will join the queue of WDWmagic friends who would like to stay in your new guest room!
We can get bunk beds! LOL :)

I saved the confetti from Cali Grill, too! It is still in the zipper pocket of my Disney Dooney :inlove: ! Wishes from California Grill is one of the most magical sights ever! I knew you'd love it!
Loved it seriously sooooooo much! And I want more confetti! It makes me super happy to look at! :)

Noooooooooo. It can't be over!
My Disney Blues were held at bay because of your trip report. Now your report is over I truly feel that my trip is over, it's funny how our November trips have got us through to early January! This year my report might not be live so I can make it last longer :).
It looks like you made many memories to last a lifetime and hopefully now Joe has a kind of Disney bug maybe you can get back every year, ha ha
I guess while we wait for our next trips we'll need @Tuvalu to keep us going and maybe @blgauger to sort out her Florida move so we can stay!
It was fab to meet you and like we had known each other all our lives, quite sureal. All our memories will stay forever. There is no where quite like Disney :)
I am so depressed that is all over! And you will have to make your trip report last until my next trip! I want to go again in November! So jealous of you! I need to plan my next one!!
And I think Joe has a slight Disney bug, he had such a great time and he's constantly talking about our trip! Maybe we can go back sooner than I thought!!
I am so happy we met in person, so crazy how it all worked out! Disney fate! We were meant to be friends! Just think, way back when you weren't even a member of the boards! Now you are sharing your Disney love with all the fellow Disney addicts :)

DROOLING . . . want NOW!!!
Thank you for such a GREAT TR!! I think you win the prize. :) And on top of this wonderful trip you had, you also got engaged in 2016!! Really, it just doesn't get any better than this. Best wishes to you and your fiance for 2017 and many happy years beyond. :cat:
Thank you so much, and is the prize to go back!? :p Thank you so so much for your sweet compliments and well wishes! Glad you have read the whole way through!! :)

:cry: The tears are flowing. So sad that your TR is over. I enjoyed every post! But also happy tears because I am so happy that your trip was as magical as you hoped and dreamed it would be. It is a great feeling to be able to say you wouldn't change a thing. Hopefully the Disney magic has really taken a hold of Joe and you will create many more magical Disney memories as husband and wife :joyfull:. As always, you have done a fabulous job of putting into words what so many of us feel but are unable to express so superbly. I am thrilled (but jealous) that you were able to meet up with @Longers and @Doc Disney, that was so much fun to read about! Your food photos convinced me that Food & Wine is a must do on a future Disney trip. Experiencing Wishes from the California Grill, breathtaking! I am so happy that your experience at California Grill exceeded your expectations. S'mores Creme Brûlée sounds heavenly!
Congratulations again on your engagement. Please keep us posted on your wedding plans. Hope we will be reading all about your Disney wedding or Disneymoon!
Well done Princess Nicole!
Thank you so much, your post gave me goosebumps. I always feel like I cannot accurately portray in words the emotions I am feeling, but I am glad they come across. Disney is just so magical, and I am glad everyone on here "gets it." I think Joe realizes he is in with Disney World for the long haul. LOL... guess I can make a convert out of some people, one person at a time! :p
Food and Wine was amazing, I would definitely go somewhere in the middle, not the end of the festival. My friend went in October and barely waited in any lines. I tried things I have never tried before, and because I used all my snacks credits, it just felt so worth it! To be able to take a culinary tour of the world? Only in Disney!
Thank you again! I will definitely share weddings plans as they come about... better get on that! :p

I loved your trip report! Every second of it! Thank you for sharing so beautifully your love of Disney! It makes us all excited and more appreciative! And I must say .....I love your clothes! I couldn't wait to see what you were wearing each day of your trip! There is nothing more exciting to me than packing for a vacation - I spend months hording new clothes, planning out the perfect outfit for each day, making lists ... matching ears to outfits ... Are you the same? I'm going on a Disney Cruise in July and have already started stashing outfits in the back of my closet for it! Congratulations and many blessings for you and Joe!!!
Thank you so much, you are too sweet! I picked out all my ears first and then based my outfits around them! I have quite a Disney wardrobe so I thank you for your compliments! LOL... I love buying clothes, it's a bit of a problem! I look forward to seeing your outfit selection! I swear, there's nothing better than packing for a magical trip! :)

What a wonderful TR!!! I hope you keep us posted on your wedding planning!!
I will for sure! Thank you so much!!! :)

I loved this TR so much! Thank you!
Thank you for reading!!! :)

What. Wait. Nooooooo:cry:
Thank you for sharing your amazing trip with us!!!! It definitely helped comfort my Disney depression. Ryan and I are planning to go next in 3/2018 with my family but I am now seriously considering approaching him with the idea of a 3-4 day trip before then. He should be in agreement :rolleyes:
You're such a unique and entertaining writer and I feel I speak for all of us wheni say you really pulled at our heartstrings all report long and made us laugh and smile a lot too!
Hahaha I scrolled down too quickly and I saw the photo of your brother with his Mickey gloves before I read the caption to go with it and I thought, "Joe looks so different when he's not in Disney":hilarious: Wow.
Anyway...onto the wedding! And Disneymoon?
2018 looks like the next time I'll get to go too, so let's see if we can both work on going sooner! Gimme any tips and tricks that work :p Thank you for reading! I am glad I can share my Disney love with the rest of you Disney lovers :) It's nice to have people who understand! I told my Dad to go read my report and he said I need to stay away from the mouse LOL
And yep- my brother wanted those hands, god knows why. o_Oo_Oo_O
Somehow I will get a Disneymoon or partial Disneymoon... don't doubt it! LOL

Laughed at the soda version of Drinking around the world (and the beverly sneak attack)!
California Grill is always special. Happy you made it there.
I'll second @lostpro9het on the Aqua Seas Tour. We did it in 2011 and loved it!

001-XL.jpg

I really must check this out! And drinking around the world with soda feels like cheating :p Cali Grill was amazing, wish I had your photo skills up there! :)

1.The car u made at TT was the ugliest thing I've ever seen lol...:p
2. I'm not a drinker, but I'm intrigued by these grey goose slushies.. can u taste the liquor in them? I hate the taste and smell of alcohol...
3.I can never convince my family to try Teppan Edo...is it the same as Hibachi?
Hey, leave my masterpiece alone LOL.. Grey Goose slushies taste kind of like a lemon Italian ice water? They didn't taste strong to me but I am not sure if they would to someone who doesn't drink. If you are with someone who does, make them buy it and sample it! I am sure they may even give you a sample...
Teppan Edo was just like hibachi! It's super good! Show them my pictures and tell them to try it!!!! :p
Thank you for reading :) :)

Great trip, girl! You did everything right and I loved following along. Now you just get to look forward to planning the next one (and with the Minnie Bride ears)!
I totally agree with you! :p Trip report times two! Rings, rivers of light... c'mon Disney!! Glad you followed along!!!

They were out of Bibo... :eek: That's my fav!
Some stations were out of certain ones, but if you walked around they had it at other stations. It made me sad!!!

So sad your trip report is over. I have really enjoyed following along with your adventure. Please keep us posted on your next BIG adventure with your wedding!!
I will! Thank you so much for reading and commenting!! I will miss writing it! :(

I'm so sad your TR is over that I may need to make myself a Grey Goose slush at home, btw did you know they can also be found at TL?
NO!!! I must get one! And gimme that at home recipe!!! :)

I am SO behind on your TR - I blame being off for the holidays and only checking during work LOL! I'll catch up soon though I promise, but for now..
Jurassic Park is a huge thing with DH and I. We have SO many inside jokes from our high school days that it's just become a part of our lives. In fact, at our wedding DH walked down the aisle to the Jurassic Park theme song played on the harp (it actually sounded SO good). Those that know us well picked up on it in a minute.
I couldn't agree with you more. Universal really is great...a lot of fun, many rides, changing so often, etc.....but theres just something about Disney that they can't match. I completely agree that visiting every couple of trips to Disney is more than enough!
It's okay, you have all the time in the world to catch up!! :p
That is sooooo cute about the Jurassic Park theme music, I love that idea so much! I want to walk down to Beauty and the Beast with my dad... we'll see how he feels about it! LOL
Glad we feel the same about Universal. I wasn't sure how I'd feel after everything, what if I loved it more?! Disney is still my number one :)

Amazing trip report! So sad it's over.
Thank you, and me too! :( :(

Thank you!! I'm so excited to start a new chapter in both my life and Dylan and I's life together! Being so close to Disney is just icing on the cake. :) You are welcome anytime!!! Maybe I'll kick Dylan out for a week and we can all have a WDWmagic party! :p
I've been on the phone all afternoon doing just that! Hoping that things really start falling into place soon.. I have my WDWmagic friends to think of, after all. ;)
Yes, I am waiting!!! :cool:

My sisters both enjoy the taste immensely. I can't even smell it without getting sick
Ditto. I almost always cry during Wishes, but especially during Wishes at the California Grill
That was amazing!!! I want some now!!
What a wonderful TR. Now I really need to get moving and finish mine. I think I am more sad about yours coming to an end than I am mine
Ewwww to the Beverly! How can they LIKE that?! LOL
Thank you for reading, I have to catch up on yours! You can never finish, it's all I have going for me right now :( :(

Great trip report! This is what I needed after a long, crazy, insane day at work. I feel your pain - I've been having Disney Withdrawals since I got back. I wonder if I forgo eating and shopping at Target if I can go back soon. :hilarious:

I've eaten ostrich before - taste like chicken. :oops:

Glad I could be of assistance! LOL.. and maybe if I stop shopping on Amazon I can get my behind back there sooner. We can do this together! LOL

And maybe one day I will be brave and try that bird... Just kept thinking of them at Kilimanjaro Safari.. Oops! :hungover:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I am so sad that this trip report is over, I have been reading over the past 3 days and loving every second of it. Congrats on your engagement!! I 100000% recommend a disneymoon. We took ours in 2015 and it was the best most magical bubble. Our family and friends kept saying, "go somewhere tropical, don't do disney again"... but nothing compares and THEY JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND! Being in disney world with your husband, getting the "Cavalieri Family" Disney pre-trip package, checking in at the resort as Mr. and Mrs, wearing the just married pins.... happy tears!

Congrats again!
I am sad I cannot write anymore! I will miss it, as well as my trip! Glad you read it all the way til the end! Thank you for your well wishes.. I most definitely looking into a Disneymoon. People really don't understand! I am going to see if I can convince Joe to do Disney/cruise or Disney/island so we both win. I just REALLLLLLLLLLLLY wanna wear my bride ears in front of the castle. This is normal, right?! LOL

I am so sad your TR is over :arghh: Who will hold me over until SEPTEMBER???? It was a great read as always! You definitely have added some beer/ciders to my try list! I feel left out never having a golden monkey, seems so popular! Oh! And I'm so happy for your real life fairytale :inlove: I followed you on Instagram!
September will be here before we know it and then I can follow along with you!! I am so excited to see your pictures and drinks and food choices! Us Disney gals gotta stick together! You have definitly made a cider lover out of me, so for this I thank you! :)

So sad this is over!! I finally tried a Golden Monkey.. I had 2 on New Year's Eve and was feeling fuzzy way before midnight LOL. Good luck with the wedding planning and hopefully you get to plan a new trip soon!
Told you those things are dangerous! LOL... Thank you so much for reading along, and I will hopefully be back in my bubble before I know it!

Told ya your report was gonna be EPIC :joyfull:
:p Thank you! I must catch up on yours! You keep my Disney pains at bay!

Thanks for taking the time to write such a fantastic trip report. You never took short cuts with the details. Great job!!!! Best of luck with your engagement and wedding planning. There are some great times ahead.
Thank you again! Thanks for all your comments and kindness! I am glad you followed along! :)

loved the TR, Im definitely going to have to try California Grille next time that steak looked amazing.

Also congrats.
Thanks so much! And it was amazing!!!!! You won't regret it!

Another wonderful report - I usually re-read them a couple of times during the year - they're that good :happy:
Ahh, you make me blush! Thank you so much, I will sit and read it sometime soon, to keep my pains away!

Wow, your a very talented narrator, like a bunch of other people, I didn't want it to end!!! lol.. :)
Thank you!!!! Glad I can keep ya'll entertained! Felt like I rambled a lot LOL

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Dinner at the Cali Grill!!! Great way to wrap up a great vacation!! The Cali Grill is on the top of my "must do - haven't done yet" list. Maybe next time.

As usual, your trip report was awesome. You have a great way of capturing the whole experience in your words. I need to hire you to follow us around on our next trip so you can write a trip report for me!!!

I grew up in North Jersey, so we went to the Poconos a bunch for family trips. Joe has a mountain house in the area as well, so it's the perfect middle ground! I have to start touring to find my perfect wedding in the woods venue! LOL

Where is your mountain house?? My family has a place about 20 minutes south of Wilkes-Barre. Maybe I will run into you somewhere up there. I will keep an eye open for a blonde wearing Disney clothes, with a Disney purse, Disney cell phone case, etc!! :)

blreinsel

I found out too late about the college program too, and couldn't fit it in to my course load :( UGH!!! Now my dream is to retire and be a greeter or something, Disney has to hire me!!!
I can't wait for your abundance of trip reports! When Joe and I watched Boyz II Men, we chatted with a couple who had moved to Florida and became annual passholders. They said it was awesome to crave a certain Disney restaurant for dinner, and to actually be able to act on it. How cool would it be to want Mama's one night, and then just hop in the car and get it?! UGH, jealous!!!
Thank you for the compliments, I saved my favorite dress for Cali Grill! Cali Grill is definitely an experience, you will love it! Make sure to sit at the bar for a little, it's nice to just soak in the atmosphere.
And LOL.. my pics are horrible! :p

YES!!! I'm seriously considering getting a summer job there once we move. CAN YOU IMAGINE!? :inlove: I've honestly thought about the whole restaurant craving thing too! I can have BOG whenever I want!? This is Heaven.

I really want to take the time to stop at a lot of the bars this trip, not to sound like a lush or anything. :hilarious: We've started a "Disney drink fund" so I'm not sure if that helps my case with the whole lush persona. :hilarious:

Thank you again! I don't know how I will last until June. Maybe ROL will finally get released and I convince someone to go with me! Haha!

I'm telling you.. I'll be there from July forward. I WILL GO WITH YOU. :D

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Another great report Nicole! Sorry to see it end, but happy to see wonderful new beginnings!
Thank you! If only I enjoyed planning my wedding as much as I loved planning for Disney..
:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:

This trip report is in the Top Three Trip Reports of all time.
Thank you so much, you are too sweet! Now I must go back to take that number one spot! JK JK LOL :)

As requested in a good blender combine 2 parts Grey Goose citron, 2 parts sweet and sour mix, one part simple syrup and blend with a bit of ice. Enjoy:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:
THANK YOU! YOU KNOW WHAT I AM DOING FRIDAY NIGHT!!! :)

Dinner at the Cali Grill!!! Great way to wrap up a great vacation!! The Cali Grill is on the top of my "must do - haven't done yet" list. Maybe next time.
As usual, your trip report was awesome. You have a great way of capturing the whole experience in your words. I need to hire you to follow us around on our next trip so you can write a trip report for me!!!
Where is your mountain house?? My family has a place about 20 minutes south of Wilkes-Barre. Maybe I will run into you somewhere up there. I will keep an eye open for a blonde wearing Disney clothes, with a Disney purse, Disney cell phone case, etc!! :)
You really must do Cali Grill! Prepare to be there for a while, it's truly a "dining experience" and not rushed at all! I loved everything about it! It was honestly the ultimate way to end our trip.
Thank you for your compliments! I'd be more than happy to accompany you on all your future Disney trips LOL
And it's in Lake Ariel, PA. Keep an eye out for me! Disney all day, everyday :p:p:p

YES!!! I'm seriously considering getting a summer job there once we move. CAN YOU IMAGINE!? :inlove: I've honestly thought about the whole restaurant craving thing too! I can have BOG whenever I want!? This is Heaven.
I really want to take the time to stop at a lot of the bars this trip, not to sound like a lush or anything. :hilarious: We've started a "Disney drink fund" so I'm not sure if that helps my case with the whole lush persona. :hilarious:
I will be insanely jealous of all your dining options! You will have to review every restaurant to influence my future ADRs.. :D:D
And MAKE SURE you take the time to stop at the bars! Disney is even more fun when you are drinking! Ha! Joe and I tried so many new things, I now have broadened my horizons on alcoholic beverages, now if that's a good thing or not.. who know! :)
And I am so taking you up on that offer! Did we just become best friends :p:p:p

LisaBelle

We can get bunk beds! LOL :)
Great plan :)

Loved it seriously sooooooo much! And I want more confetti! It makes me super happy to look at! :)
Me, too! Sometimes I forget it 's in the zipper pocket of my bag and I open the pocket and I have a happy little Disney moment in the middle of my day :inlove:!

Thank you so much, your post gave me goosebumps. I always feel like I cannot accurately portray in words the emotions I am feeling, but I am glad they come across. Disney is just so magical, and I am glad everyone on here "gets it." I think Joe realizes he is in with Disney World for the long haul. LOL... guess I can make a convert out of some people, one person at a time! :p
Food and Wine was amazing, I would definitely go somewhere in the middle, not the end of the festival. My friend went in October and barely waited in any lines. I tried things I have never tried before, and because I used all my snacks credits, it just felt so worth it! To be able to take a culinary tour of the world? Only in Disney!
Thank you again! I will definitely share weddings plans as they come about... better get on that! :p
You are so welcome! You'll be great at wedding planning. Your Disney planning has taught you all the skills you will need to be an excellent wedding planner. Hello Bride Ears!

OMG! I can't believe I hadn't considered the restaurant aspect of living so close to Disney. You could have "Disney
Dinner Night" once a week :). How incredibly fun would that be :happy:?!!!! I am totally stealing the "Disney Drink Fund" idea. My sister and I feel like we did not enjoy enough adult beverages on our sisters trip so I definitely want some ideas. I will be counting on your drink and food reviews to help my plan my ADRs for all of my future trips.

blreinsel

I will be insanely jealous of all your dining options! You will have to review every restaurant to influence my future ADRs.. :D:D
And MAKE SURE you take the time to stop at the bars! Disney is even more fun when you are drinking! Ha! Joe and I tried so many new things, I now have broadened my horizons on alcoholic beverages, now if that's a good thing or not.. who know! :)
And I am so taking you up on that offer! Did we just become best friends :p:p:p
As if you don't have enough trouble choosing ADR's and sticking with them. :hilarious:

I'm sooooo picky when it comes to drinks and am terrible with even knowing what I like, so hopefully this will help me broaden my horizons too!

Uh YES!? Disney best friends are the most awesome kind of friends there are. ;):p

OMG! I can't believe I hadn't considered the restaurant aspect of living so close to Disney. You could have "Disney
Dinner Night" once a week :). How incredibly fun would that be :happy:?!!!! I am totally stealing the "Disney Drink Fund" idea. My sister and I feel like we did not enjoy enough adult beverages on our sisters trip so I definitely want some ideas. I will be counting on your drink and food reviews to help my plan my ADRs for all of my future trips.

Oh my gosh.. I LOVE THAT IDEA! Disney date nights once a week.. how absolutely perfect! :inlove:

I love food (and drinks) so I will certainly help you out with some reviews. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom