Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

LisaBelle

That's a totally good explanation for why we love the princes so much! Our guys just have to accept it. :p I can ask Ariel to lift the restraining order when I see her.. I wouldn't want you to be forever separated from your favorite mermaid. :rolleyes:

Okay so Dylan and I are moving to Florida in July (tentatively).. the plan is to settle in Lake County which puts us between 30 and 50 minutes from Disney. So whenever you convince Joe to go back, I will be there!!! This is going to make for the ultimate WDWmagic meet up!!! :D

So excited for you! I am so happy that you are following your dreams. You are absolutely right about taking this opportunity while you are young. You can be like @Tuvalu and write lots of reports. I will join the queue of WDWmagic friends who would like to stay in your new guest room!

Longers

Noooooooooo. It can't be over!
My Disney Blues were held at bay because of your trip report. Now your report is over I truly feel that my trip is over, it's funny how our November trips have got us through to early January! This year my report might not be live so I can make it last longer :).
It looks like you made many memories to last a lifetime and hopefully now Joe has a kind of Disney bug maybe you can get back every year, ha ha
I guess while we wait for our next trips we'll need @Tuvalu to keep us going and maybe @blgauger to sort out her Florida move so we can stay!
It was fab to meet you and like we had known each other all our lives, quite sureal. All our memories will stay forever. There is no where quite like Disney :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We each opted for the Smores crème brulee. I made a crème brulee lover out of Joe! I love that my first experience with this delectable dessert was in Disney World, and now he can claim the same!
How did the smores stack up?

A366C693-6A56-4A24-BD8C-6BD387DF293D_zpso5kwuyid.jpg

DROOLING . . . want NOW!!!

Thank you for such a GREAT TR!! I think you win the prize. :) And on top of this wonderful trip you had, you also got engaged in 2016!! Really, it just doesn't get any better than this. Best wishes to you and your fiance for 2017 and many happy years beyond. :cat:

LisaBelle

:cry: The tears are flowing. So sad that your TR is over. I enjoyed every post! But also happy tears because I am so happy that your trip was as magical as you hoped and dreamed it would be. It is a great feeling to be able to say you wouldn't change a thing. Hopefully the Disney magic has really taken a hold of Joe and you will create many more magical Disney memories as husband and wife :joyfull:. As always, you have done a fabulous job of putting into words what so many of us feel but are unable to express so superbly. I am thrilled (but jealous) that you were able to meet up with @Longers and @Doc Disney, that was so much fun to read about! Your food photos convinced me that Food & Wine is a must do on a future Disney trip. Experiencing Wishes from the California Grill, breathtaking! I am so happy that your experience at California Grill exceeded your expectations. S'mores Creme Brûlée sounds heavenly!
Congratulations again on your engagement. Please keep us posted on your wedding plans. Hope we will be reading all about your Disney wedding or Disneymoon!
Well done Princess Nicole!

JenTen1585

I loved your trip report! Every second of it! Thank you for sharing so beautifully your love of Disney! It makes us all excited and more appreciative! And I must say .....I love your clothes! I couldn't wait to see what you were wearing each day of your trip! There is nothing more exciting to me than packing for a vacation - I spend months hording new clothes, planning out the perfect outfit for each day, making lists ... matching ears to outfits ... Are you the same? I'm going on a Disney Cruise in July and have already started stashing outfits in the back of my closet for it! Congratulations and many blessings for you and Joe!!!

DisneyPrincess5

What. Wait. Nooooooo:cry:
Thank you for sharing your amazing trip with us!!!! It definitely helped comfort my Disney depression. Ryan and I are planning to go next in 3/2018 with my family but I am now seriously considering approaching him with the idea of a 3-4 day trip before then. He should be in agreement :rolleyes:
You're such a unique and entertaining writer and I feel I speak for all of us wheni say you really pulled at our heartstrings all report long and made us laugh and smile a lot too!

Hahaha I scrolled down too quickly and I saw the photo of your brother with his Mickey gloves before I read the caption to go with it and I thought, "Joe looks so different when he's not in Disney":hilarious: Wow.

Anyway...onto the wedding! And Disneymoon?

Courtney6682

1.The car u made at TT was the ugliest thing I've ever seen lol...:p

2. I'm not a drinker, but I'm intrigued by these grey goose slushies.. can u taste the liquor in them? I hate the taste and smell of alcohol...

3.I can never convince my family to try Teppan Edo...is it the same as Hibachi?

mlegerto

I am SO behind on your TR - I blame being off for the holidays and only checking during work LOL! I'll catch up soon though I promise, but for now..

We both loved this attraction, as I think anyone who grew up in the 90s would! Another ride that was reminiscent of childhood. Oh the good old days. This ride reminded me of Saturdays at my grandmothers with my cousins all gathered around her small screen TV. I think we rotated between Jurassic Park, Jumanji, The Big Green and Little Giants.
Classic movies!

Jurassic Park is a huge thing with DH and I. We have SO many inside jokes from our high school days that it's just become a part of our lives. In fact, at our wedding DH walked down the aisle to the Jurassic Park theme song played on the harp (it actually sounded SO good). Those that know us well picked up on it in a minute.

Now don’t get me wrong, the rides were fun, the Harry Potter sections are AMAZING, the employees are friendly, and the food is delicious (BUTTERBEER I’M LOOKING AT YOU), but Universal is clearly not Disney. I don’t know how to accurately portray in words the differences I felt, but there is something distinct that reminds you, Universal cannot be compared to Disney.

I couldn't agree with you more. Universal really is great...a lot of fun, many rides, changing so often, etc.....but theres just something about Disney that they can't match. I completely agree that visiting every couple of trips to Disney is more than enough!

blreinsel

So excited for you! I am so happy that you are following your dreams. You are absolutely right about taking this opportunity while you are young. You can be like @Tuvalu and write lots of reports. I will join the queue of WDWmagic friends who would like to stay in your new guest room!

Thank you!! I'm so excited to start a new chapter in both my life and Dylan and I's life together! Being so close to Disney is just icing on the cake. :) You are welcome anytime!!! Maybe I'll kick Dylan out for a week and we can all have a WDWmagic party! :p

Noooooooooo. It can't be over!
My Disney Blues were held at bay because of your trip report. Now your report is over I truly feel that my trip is over, it's funny how our November trips have got us through to early January! This year my report might not be live so I can make it last longer :).
It looks like you made many memories to last a lifetime and hopefully now Joe has a kind of Disney bug maybe you can get back every year, ha ha
I guess while we wait for our next trips we'll need @Tuvalu to keep us going and maybe @blgauger to sort out her Florida move so we can stay!
It was fab to meet you and like we had known each other all our lives, quite sureal. All our memories will stay forever. There is no where quite like Disney :)

I've been on the phone all afternoon doing just that! Hoping that things really start falling into place soon.. I have my WDWmagic friends to think of, after all. ;)

Doc Disney

Of course, I have to try the Beverly every time. It's like I forget the taste when I am away for too long! I silently cursed myself for taking a ginormous gulp. That first few couple of seconds, everything is fine. You can breathe, the taste is faint, and things are right in the world. Give it about 15 seconds, and you want to rip your tongue out of your throat.

My sisters both enjoy the taste immensely. I can't even smell it without getting sick

The music starts, and my tears are falling. Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight......... MAKEUP DOWN MY FACE TEARS.

Ditto. I almost always cry during Wishes, but especially during Wishes at the California Grill

We each opted for the Smores crème brulee.

That was amazing!!! I want some now!!!

What a wonderful TR. Now I really need to get moving and finish mine. I think I am more sad about yours coming to an end than I am mine

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Great trip report! This is what I needed after a long, crazy, insane day at work. I feel your pain - I've been having Disney Withdrawals since I got back. I wonder if I forgo eating and shopping at Target if I can go back soon. :hilarious:

I've eaten ostrich before - taste like chicken. :oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom