Trip Report ~Completed~ My Dream Day at Disney!! No kids!

Is there anything better than Disney? I can't think of anything.. How can there be when you could be in the worst mood and when you start your car and Hakuna Matata is playing on your cd player a wide grin will spread across your face and you start singing at the top of your lungs. ~sigh~ :rolleyes:

As a family we were in Disney last December and here is a link to our trip report if you' like to take a peek. Plus I like to reminisce! :D

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...s-vacation-with-a-few-disappointments.878388/

Sadly this was just a one day trip to Disney BUT the fact that I can say I went to Disney twice in a years time makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

This trip marks the 20th year of wedded bliss for Joe and I and we decided to take a vacation without the kids and our destination was Florida. I managed to convince Joe to go out of the way and make a quick stop at MK (with a little bit of begging).

This is Joe and I (Teresa), So you know who your reading about.
us.JPG

We ended up staying a couple of nights in Kissimmee so I was lucky enough to also get in some time at Downtown Disney! I'll apologize for the photo's now because 90% of them are from my phone and not the best

Sunday Sept 14th

Since I was in the Disney area but not going to a park this day I wanted the most Disney experience I could get. The wise @epcotisbest suggested that I drive to Riverside or French Quarter and hop on a Ferry to DTD. The man is BRILLANT! That is being in the "bubble" without paying for the "bubble".

We decided on French Quarter since we have been to Riverside before.
IMG_1243.JPG

IMG_1242.JPG

IMG_1229.JPG

I love how they made the walk ways look like roads and the look of the buildings. I definatly want to stay here some day. As I was soaking in all this Disney deliciousness we made our way to the Ferry. I must say I was a bit bummed that the Ferry came so quickly, I mean it wasn't even 5 minutes how was I to make this day last if they were being so efficient.

Here she is! (because all cars and boats should be female)

IMG_1230.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

The Ferry was full and it was blazing hot but WHO CARES!! I'm on a Ferry!

Now who all has this photo somewhere in the Disney albums?

IMG_1236.JPG

Next we went into an art store and I can't recall the name probably because it's the kind of store my kids would never let me go in. Luckily my kids weren't there. :happy:

IMG_1234.JPG

There were so many paintings that I wanted and already had the spots on my walls picked out.

IMG_1232.JPG

One of many that I fell in love with.

TheMouseFan

YEAH!! I can't wait to hear about your trip! If I remember right it was a adults only trip too. Hope the hubby's job is going well.
It was an adult only trip! Unfortunately, Brian hasn't started the new job yet, which is part of the reason we took this one! He is set to start in January, and we don't know when he will have any vacation time, so we took advantage while we could!!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Enjoyed your report! What a great day. My husband and I are looking forward to a no kids trip primarily for the food and wine festival. :)
Thanks for the comment! I also look forward to someday doing the Food and Wine Festival That's why we keep coming back, there's always something new to do or try.
Thanks for the share! Nice pics! You will be back in 2017... we have to wait just another week :)
Lucky dog! Enjoy your trip.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Your welcome @BaltimoreBaloo ! I do have to tell you that our local grocery store didn't have Myers rum. So I bought Bacardi Gold. Not bad but I'll keep looking for Myers!!

Here's my first try at making my piña colada! I think I'm going to have to practice more to get it right. :D

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom