Trip Report **COMPLETED** It's My Mom's Birthday (and it's still a hot one)!

Hey guys, since I essentially failed at making a live TR I will be doing a real one :joyfull::joyfull: I give all you live trip reporters credit! I kept forgetting!! To be fair, though, I have my hands tied most of the time taking videos for my YouTube channel :)

Who?
I'm sure you know but it was my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)!
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_403548362371.JPG

When?
August 8 - 13, 2017

Where?
The Contemporary!

Why?
Today is my Mom's actual Birthday but she can't get off easily on Monday's since its her long day so we went earlier to celebrate her Birthday - ish :)

Day 1 - August 8, 2017
My Mom had to work a half day so I impatiently waited to leave for Disney :rolleyes:. When she got home we checked our luggage, went for a walk and relaxed before my Dad got home to drive us to the airport.
The Gang was ready to go..:joyfull: We are weird I know!
DSC_5160.jpg

DSC_5162.jpg

DSC_5163.jpg

We left for the Airport around 3:30, got there around 3:45, and we had our bags checked and went through security by 3:50 :p I love the Buffalo airport!
We were starving since neither of us ate anything but breakfast so we headed to the Anchor Bar (birthplace of chicken wings). (PS For anyone not from Buffalo who wants to visit and try chicken wings let me know...I can name at least 10 spots better than the Anchor Bar :p)
DSC_5166.jpg

DSC_5167.jpg

We split the appetizer sampler like we always do :) Boneless wings, chicken wings and mozzarella sticks. So healthy! ;)
DSC_5172.jpg

After dinner we headed to our gate to wait for our flight. In the morning of this day there was a fatal hit and run right outside the airport which was sad enough but while we were waiting I found out it was one of my friend/co-worker's uncles. So sad :(. They still haven't found the guy driving the car either :(:(
We were watching the news while we waited to see if they had any leads and soon enough it was time to board the plane.
DSC_5173.jpg

DSC_5175.jpg

DSC_5174.jpg

Next up: Getting to Florida!

Last edited:

susan lees

Ah ! I would appreciate your pixie dust if you guys have any to spare :rolleyes: I'm getting eye surgery tomorrow and I'm getting super nervous about it because they had to switch up the procedure on me last minute because of irregularities in my eyes :confused:
I'm sending lots of pixie dust across the pond. Good luck and keep well.

monykalyn

Thanks for responding! Always interested in how people do Disney. We are planning our second trip for early next year and already like $5k in so I'm like hooooow do other people do this like 4x a year haha.
Yes once the annual pass is paid for it is easier. Also staying offsite can be tons cheaper (even "having" to rent a car- rental rates can be really really low). And flying budget airlines too. It gets more expensive the more people in your party though :)

@Doc Disney Hope the surgery went well. Love your families TRs!

John C. Shepherd

Loved your report!! Sorry it went so fast and that you have to get back to real life job. Those always stink. I take my hat off to you taking your mom to disney for her birthday, she will never forget it.
I will also say you can tell you are mom and daughter.

newhorizons1

Your mom’s first birthday surprise is so sweet! Perfect view!

Your purple wall complexions are just glowing!

I just don’t get the fisheye lens photopass photos in front of Spaceship Earth. It’s just not a flattering lens for portraits!

A Guardians M & G without having seen the movies was very brave of the two of you! Baby Groot is too adorable to pass up though.

Your mom looked so cute on her unofficial birthday!

One of my mom’s coworkers just gifted my mom with the HEA dessert party for her birthday on our upcoming trip. We are doing the garden view, so I’m hoping for a clear shot of the projections!

Looking forward to your next trip report!

amjt660

Premium Member
BCDD:
I hope everything is going well with you and the family
The Bills have a better record than the Patriots - time to shut down the entire league and call it a successful year!!!

Great TR as always
Thanks for sharing

Max (your Great White North Neighbour - or GWNN for short)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom