Trip Report **Completed** It's My Birthday (and its a hot one...)!

Hey guys my computer isn't here yet but I really want to start my TR so I'm slowly uploading pictures hoping my computer can handle it :rolleyes: So, it will be a slow start but here we go!!

Who?
Just my Mom and I (Mary and Megan)...as if you don't know us by now :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7999623907.jpeg

When?
July 4- 14th!

Where?
The Polynesian :)

Why?
I'm off all summer and I always wanted to go to Disney for my Birthday so why not!

T-1 Day
I finished residency the Friday before leaving but this day was insane for me trying to get a bunch of training and applications done before I left. I was also trying to finish ALL our packing...since we are not light packers...:joyfull::joyfull: These are just my two suitcases
IMG_3857.JPG

Anyway we were finally all set to go and we were out for a quick walk before bed when my sister called me and told me Max (my nephew) was having trouble walking. :( Long story short she had to take him to the ER but it all turned out OK and it was just swelling in his knee from his recent ear infection. Luckily we knew all was OK by like 10:30 and could still get some rest!

Day 1 - July 4, 2017
We had a later flight (aka not 6 am) so we could sleep in a bit, but we were going to Disney so I still woke up at 6am :) I still didn't drag myself out of bed until 7 am though, don't worry :)
We got ready and took our usual "kidnapping" pictures :)
DSC_3673_1.jpg

DSC_3674_1.jpg

Soon enough it was 8 am and we were off to the airport !
Southwest in our airport had a new self check in thing so we tried it out. This gave my flash backs to when I flew out of Canada to Punta Cana and struggled with self check-in but this was much easier and it only took me a few minutes to figure out the luggage tags :) The whole thing, however, made my Mom very nervous so she was glad I was doing it :p
When we brought our luggage to the counter the worker was saying that we MUST be going to Disney World (based off the DME tags and the Minnie Mouse suitcases) and how he and his coworkers go to Disney several times a year too :) We were lucky to have TSA pre-check and the TSA worker was so sweet about our matching shirts and saying she loved them. Anyway, the whole experience was very pleasant and I looked at my phone when we were through and it was 8:27 am. Drove to airport, checked luggage, and went through security all in 27 minutes :)
We were pretty hungry so checked out the Anchor Bar's breakfast menu but we were not feeling it (and we are creatures of habit) so went to get our usual bagel breakfast :)
DSC_3678_1.jpg

Petey was there of course
DSC_3680_1.jpg

We enjoyed our bagels then headed to our gate to wait. It was a VERY slow airport day (probably since its a holiday) so it was kind of nice to relax in the quiet. Soon enough we were on the plane!
When I got up in the morning my Lambie (yes I have one) was on the floor by my carry on. I had no idea how she got there but it was like a sign that I had to bring her so I did :)
DSC_3681_1.jpg

Magic Bands unite!
DSC_3685_1.jpg

We were lucky enough to be seated in row 3 and there was a dog behind us which made it even better :)
Our flight was actually about 20 minutes longer than usual but we entertained ourselves with The Keepers from Netflix (love that you can download stuff to use offline) and we had a fantastic flight crew!
You all know what happens first at the airport (well besides the bathroom...)! The fonorail!!
DSC_3688_1.jpg
DSC_3689_1.jpg

Next up: down to DME!

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Awesome trip report! We are staying at the Poly this September and after reading I'm even more excited ( if that's even possible lol). I'm mentally preparing myself for the heat and humidity, we usually go in January so it will be quite a difference! Also when I went with my mom earlier this year we flew Southwest and they had updated their systems and we had to bring our luggage to the airport...so angry! And they told us this when we were checking into our flight at the hotel. Can't wait to read about your next trip!

You will love the Poly!!! Hopefully the heat will break somewhat in September. I was there last September and it was hot but not nearly as humid as it has been this summer! Thats awful!!! I would have been so mad if I had to bring my luggage to the airport!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
@Doc Disney , do you have any recommendations for where to watch MK fireworks at Poly? The park itself will be closed for the Halloween party, which I have no desire to go to. Looking for a place to do dessert/fireworks watching. Thanks!!

Personally I like to watch the fireworks from the bridge that connects the Great Ceremonial House to the Fiji, Tuvalu, etc longhouses. Its the path you would take to get to the Luau Cove and it overlooks their boats you can rent. I like it because its usually quiet and the music is decently loud from 'Ohana. The beach is always an option and you can ask @Tuvalu about that but personally I feel like its super hard to hear the music from the beach.

Minnie1986

Personally I like to watch the fireworks from the bridge that connects the Great Ceremonial House to the Fiji, Tuvalu, etc longhouses. Its the path you would take to get to the Luau Cove and it overlooks their boats you can rent. I like it because its usually quiet and the music is decently loud from 'Ohana. The beach is always an option and you can ask @Tuvalu about that but personally I feel like its super hard to hear the music from the beach.
Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom