Trip Report *COMPLETED* DVC Trip to Bay Lake May/June 2017

Hello and welcome to my long awaited trip report of my(well my parents and myself)Walt Disney World Spring 2017 vacation, and I'll be talking a lot during the report, and here's a few stories I have to tell you later, but let's get started.
Day 1: Magic Kingdom a.k.a. The Weird Start(part 1)
I woke up at 3:00am and got to my local airport at 4:30am, so I had a flight from Avoca to Atlanta, and then from Atlanta to Orlando, on the way to the latter flight, I've watched a little Moana(couldn't get to watch the whole thing, because that flight was only an hour), but after these crazy plane rides were done, We've arrived in Orlando for the next five days, and After the bus ride from Disney's Magical Express, I decided to head straight to Magic Kingdom since our room wasn't ready just yet, btw I took a picture of the WDW entrance sign, which the drive way was closed off, so we took the left of the sign area
18921206_387525468309812_1532857541795912285_o.jpg
anyways I wanted to get an autograph book and a pair of ears(just to be the Disney fan as possible), but my choice of ears inside the Fantasia store were impossible, but got an autograph book and matching pen(the Mickey and Pals book and pen, YES! it has the big hat from DHS), then when I arrived at Magic Kingdom, I got a pair of ears(they were the classic Mickey ears, just to complete a magical start at Magic Kingdom), and traded one of my pins by a friendly guest(I traded my Phineas and Ferb pin for a Simba pin, since he liked Phineas and Ferb, that made way for even bigger successes for DXD including Gravity Falls, Star vs the Forces of Evil, Milo Murphy's Law(from the same creators), the new DuckTales series, and the IP Japanese animated series, Yo-Kai Watch), I wanted to meet Tinker Bell, but her line was an hour so I skipped her and had to visit her another day, and then I got to dance and wave to some friends at Move It, Shake It, Dance and Play It including Stitch, Nick & Judy, and of course the best and funniest of them all, Frozone!
18891908_387525594976466_9165687772132603662_o.jpg
HONEY?, WHERE'S MY SUPER SUIT?
Just not that much later, I decided that I'll be meeting Merida from Disney/Pixar's unexpected Oscar winning movie, Brave for the first time, in the line for her, I saw a guest talking some old Disney TV cartoons like Rescue Rangers, and I brought up Gummi Bears and Kim Possible to that guest(because of my pins on my lanyard), and she was really crazy(I love making tons of new friends at Disney), anyways when I got close to Merida, I took some pictures of some backdrops like her family tree and her family tapestry from the movie
18839426_387526681643024_5930274547252848340_o.jpg 18921132_387525641643128_58225874878731730_o.jpg
finally, when I met Merida, i gave her the sweetest hug as possible, then I got her autograph(first one of this trip), talked to her about Sofia's encounter with her(because of my Sofia pin on my lanyard, as well as Merida), also we both did an archery pose together, and gave one last hug good bye, and gave her a kiss on her hand
18814690_387613494967676_2587410649923249161_o.jpg 18836794_387618211633871_8799879325486804554_o.jpg 18814752_387617961633896_7978578943436761587_o.jpg
after that I took a quick break and saw Mickey's PhilarMagic in 4D, looking back at this show, it's super underrated, and how it's not too dated, even for 2003 standards, I've always loved it, I often feel bad when Donald Duck hits the wall in the end(but it's kinda funny), and stopped at Casey's for lunch and got a spot for Festival of Fantasy(Which will be in the next part of my first day at WDW)

Last edited:

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
My Pros and Cons from this trip:
Pros: :)
Meeting a whooping 49 characters(40 signed autographs(totaling 43 signatures, 3 were met twice-Cinderella, Belle, Donald Duck)(NEW RECORD)(including Merida, Elena, Star-Lord, Baby Groot, Kylo Ren, BB-8, Mulan, Baymax, Tarzan, King Louie, and Fairy Godmother which were 11 new characters I've never met before) :)
Having a terrific dinner at Be Our Guest(with the sweetest cast member, I've met, who was our server)
Having to spend some decent time in the parks without my parents
Possibly arriving at all 4 theme parks very early(well except for Day 1)(DHS-9:12am, missed the park's rope drop by 15 mins, Epcot-9:33am, DAK-10:02am, and MK on the final day-8:32am)
Very sweet cast members(just as nice as last year's)(character attendants are my favorite kind of CMs)
A brilliant breakfast at Akershus
Got to do rope drop at Epcot's China pavilion(because World Showcase opened at 11:00am)
(Finally) Meeting Buzz and Woody together(and at Hollywood Studios)
Meeting Mickey in his Sorcerer's outfit(finally)
Seeing the terrific and wonderful Festival of Fantasy in person
Katilyn being the best Great Movie Ride tour guide ever!
Talking to some of the characters about how they remember the Stars and Motor Cars(luckily they do, because they were in it like Buzz/Woody and Mulan)
I love making new friends(including other park guests, they were very nice to see me) :)
My Childhood dreams coming true to stay at Contemporary Resort(well the area that is, we actually stayed at Bay Lake Tower)
Cars 3 Sneak Peek at One Man's Dream(I won't spoil it before the movie's release)
Cons: :(
Room wasn't ready right away(since the hotel we stayed was a DVC resort, Bay Lake Tower), so I had to wear two shirts and two pairs of shorts
Too much yelling(and some parents said some offensive language to me) :(
Mom losing her phone at MK(but eventually found it later that day)on Day #1
CharacterPalooza being rained out on 5/31(the day that I went to DHS)(possibly would had seen like 8-10 more characters that day) :( (I wasn't the only one disappointed, there were others, including that mother and her son, I told her sorry that CP never happened, i waited 40 minutes) :(
Rained almost everyday during the trip
Didn't get a picture with Tarzan(but luckily an autograph and interaction were involved)
Pizzafari's menu got changed from pizzas to flatbreads(but luckily they tasted good, but not as good)
Cancelling the reservation for 1900 Park Fare's dinner(4 less signatures and characters on my list, sadly which would had saw Prince Charming, Anastasia, Drizella, and Lady Tremaine) :(
Moana wasn't up for meets anymore(won't be for a long time, in Florida)
Missed out on meeting Aladdin, Daisy Duck, Stitch :(
Move It, Shake It(but still has good character interaction including Minnie blowing kisses, Telling Frozone where was his super suit, Saying Ohana to Stitch, and telling Nick and Judy that their movie, Zootopia won an Oscar(YES! they're still in it, despite complaints from guests), but Phineas and Ferb are no longer in there)(i got bumped by a skit walker :( Lesson: Don't cross during Move It, Shake It!)
Looking at the old P&F meet, after coming out of Muppet-Vision, and saying to myself(it could had been a Star/Marco meet, instead of being demolished for area in the new Star Wars Land(which is likely going to be the case), otherwise that meet would have a pretty decent line, since Star isn't as popular as P&F)
Having to leave Disney and also to "Let It Go"(but luckily the CMs were super sweet enough to give me Mickey Mouse stickers)
Sisters missing out the fun(but they had their own cruise vacation, NOT Disney Cruise Line, another kind of cruise)
Didn't go on that many attractions(I went on PhilarMagic three times, the Carousel, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, One Man's Dream, Muppet-Vision 3D, Star Tours, Pith of the Jedi, Toy Story Mania, The Great Movie Ride, Launch Bay, Figment, Short Film Festival, Soarin', Seas with Nemo and Friends, Gran Fiesta Tour, Frozen Ever After, It's Tough to Be a Bug, Train to Rafiki's Planet Watch(and back), Peter Pan's Flight, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Journey of the Little Mermaid, and Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress)(it was a decent amount, could had been more, but most of the waits were so long and that I either cancelled or didn't do some of my FP+ experiences)
I've missed the Frozen Sing-Along show :( :(
Too much feet pain and so much blisters :( (no fun, but still went everyday)
How I grade the trip: A(so much fun, a lot of new friends, and a lot of pictures)

BTW, Thank you everybody for the very nice comments during and after my Trip Report was made

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

and telling Nick and Judy that their movie, Zootopia won an Oscar(YES! they're still in it, despite complaints from guests)
And by the way, in case you didn't notice Nick & Judy now come down from the float as of November 2016. I am confident they are going to be at MVMCP this year, just have to wait and see.

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
Wow-what a great trip report! Thanks for sharing. I am very impressed with the number of characters you met in 5 days! BTW: I had a hard time meeting Aladdin too! It took a pop up meet n' greet to get a photo with him, so we got lucky. I hope you will return to WDW soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom