Trip Report *COMPLETED* 6 Parks, F&W Fest, MNSSHP & One HUGEEE Surprise!!!

Hi everyone! We got back from our Disney vacation two days ago and I am still exhausted and unfortunately sick, but I wanted to jump right into the report because if I don’t do it now, it will never get done!

You can find my pre-trip report here, http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/first-trip-in-6-years-with-a-wdw-first-timer.915675/ but here is a quick recap:

Who: My boyfriend, Mark, and yours truly

What: 5-Day Park Hopper Tickets, Food & Wine Festival, One night at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party, One day at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure and one HUUUUGE surprise, but I’m not giving anything away just yet!! You’ll have to follow along J

When: September 26th-October 3rd

Where: POP Century

Why: Mark’s first trip to Disney, and my first time back since being an AP 6 years ago!

Now that we have the particulars out of the way, let’s dive on in!

MegRuss626

Day 5: Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure

We got to sleep in until 8 a.m. that morning!! :D It was glorious! As I mentioned earlier, we were planning on meeting my family there around 10. My brother, sister-in-law, niece and my mom all live down by Vero and we usually visit them when we make a FL trip. This time, since we weren't renting a car, we told them up-front if they wanted to see us, they would have to come to Orlando. During our planning we found out we were able to get free Universal tickets from one of Mark's friends at work, so we took advantage of that and asked for two additional tickets. My mom and sister-in-law love Harry Potter as well, and my mom hadn't seen the new Diagon Alley side, so this worked out perfectly.

Just a couple of Hufflepuffs waiting for an Uber. What a muggle thing to do!
View attachment 171452

We weren't meeting them until 10, but we figured we would get to the park a bit earlier if we could, get the tickets and maybe go on a ride. My sister-in-law is pregnant and my mom doesn't like rides, so we figured we could get 1-2 out of the way before they got there and that way they wouldn't have to wait for us.

My Harry Potter arm-candy
View attachment 171453

We breezed through security, metal detectors and all (take a hint Disney) and made our way toward Islands of Adventure. Our plan was to spend as much time at the Wizarding World sections, and there isn't a whole heck of a lot to do on the IoA side, so that would be first up.

CityWalk
View attachment 171454

Highly recommend the volcano nachos here, and any margarita! :hungry:

View attachment 171455

View attachment 171456

Yay! This has been my home-away-from-home the past few years
View attachment 171457

View attachment 171458

The new Chocolate Emporium that replaced NBA City.
View attachment 171459

I love these views
View attachment 171460

LOVE LOVE LOVE the volcano nachos!!!! We discovered them this past summer at the one in Myrtle!

prfctlyximprct

Thank you!!!! After the initial shock wore off, I immediately thought of you and how I hoped that this would be happening for you in just a few weeks! :)
We are absolutely having some Potter elements throughout the wedding! It's a must! It's actually fun to go from one planning escapade to another. Thank goodness I love to party plan! I'll have to update you guys on what the wedding plans turn out to be :)
I want to see you in your dress! I am laying on my couch and I think I may have watched your video a good 10 times! It is seriously perfect, I can feel my heart beating so fast so I can't imagine what was going through your mind at that minute!!! I love it so much!!! Congrats again! And how sweet are you to think of me after you got engaged! See! These forums really impact our lives! I feel like we are friends :) I love this so much!!

Trisha Lynn

Congratulations! That was some awesome last-minute planning, esp. from your brother who just happened to come along, too. Also:

I guess I phrased that incorrectly, I know what the Twilight Zone is, I just never had any interest in watching because I am a big fat baby and don't like to be scared, and that show would have freaked me out.

Yeah, that show's kinda scary but I think a gal who can handle Hulk might be able to handle the Twilight Zone. ;)

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
I fell a bit behind and have a bunch of comments, but have to comment first on the most recent post--congratulations!!!! What a great proposal! Since you were hoping for a Disney proposal, doing it at Universal probably had your guard a little down, and considering your shared HP-nerdiness, an even more awesome location that is special to both of you! And how neat that your family was there. Well done, Mark!

Now then, on to the remarks on your earlier posts. :p

I take a picture of the Wicked Witch AA every single time I'm on that ride. ;)

The woman next to her (in front of Mark) looks angry about something. :joyfull:

I'm thinking good thing for the Bongos waiter that you took that nap. Can you imagine how you would have reacted to him if you'd been full-on cranky? :eek:;):angelic:

Love those! Of course, the yet-to-come finger-adornment is equally awesome. :cool:

Same here. The one time I got to ride Forbidden Journey, it was a walk-on. We went through the queue so fast, I didn't get to experience most of the cool stuff. :(

Now it's MY turn to have fallen behind! After this last post I got so crazy with work and working on our house that I haven't even been able to come on to the site!

Let me start with saying THANK YOU! It was an amazingly unforgettable surprise. I'm very impressed with everyone being able to keep their mouths shut and not ruin the surprise. Apparently, at least 10 people knew before me hahaha.

Along with the Wicked Witch, I also take a picture of the Singing in the Rain scene. Idk what it is about those two spots!

Honest to goodness, the waiter at Bongo's was SO lucky I had napped. I probably would have gotten up and walked out and headed over to the poutine kiosk. That would have been better than what I experienced there.

I've been on Forbidden Journey where it was a walk-on, but I still stop and take pictures and just let people go around me. Never had an issue with that, but I also don't like stopping too frequently if I can help it. I don't want to be THAT person!

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
Congratulations to you both!! How exciting...a new house, Disney vacation, a PROPOSAL, and now a wedding to plan for!! You will have to keep us in the loop on your upcoming Potter wedding. ;)
Thank you! It has been an absolute whirlwind these past 2 months. We weren't planning on buying a house, but we stumbled across this one and the stars just aligned for us. Perfect location, price, fenced in yard for the dogs, we couldn't pass it up. I tried for a closing date AFTER the Disney vacation, but the buyers wanted to speed the process up, so I couldn't refuse :) On top of that, we had a wedding in Boston the Saturday we left before Disney (which was that Monday). Pure craziness. But we are all moved in now and have been painting-fools! The wedding plans are just beginning now, it's been a busy month since we got back and haven't even had a moment to really start diving in. I can't wait though! I'm such a nerdy-planner! :D:geek:

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
LOVE LOVE LOVE the volcano nachos!!!! We discovered them this past summer at the one in Myrtle!
SOOOOOO good! It's lunchtime, and now I really really want them. A friend introduced me to them several years ago when we lived there, and any time we go to CityWalk, I make a plea for Margaritaville just so I can get them :hungry:

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
Finally:) I have been lurking all week waiting for this event to happen. Kinda knew it would.
Congratulations you make such an awesome couple and that was an awesome proposal!
Well done Mark.
Thank you! It's so funny how I just had NO clue, but total strangers reading the report had a feeling it was coming. How oblivious am I??! I know I might have given a big hint with the title, but still...haha. I've been telling Mark how everyone loved his proposal, and he thinks it's nice that Disney die-hards still like it even though it was at Universal :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom