Comparing Sept/Oct/Nov

CP_alum08

In the preliminary stages of planning a trip for fall '15 and having a difficult time deciding when to go. A little background info; it's just me and my girlfriend, no kids, we used to be FL residents and this will be our first trip back to WDW as non-residents. Here's when I'm thinking so far...

Sept. - Theoretically the lowest crow levels, which is important. Also, theoretically the 'cheapest' time to go. Still stupid hot for most of the month. MNSSHP, we might do this if we are there during it but it's not something we would specifically go for. F&W, this is actually something we would try to avoid, it's in the "been there done that" category especially with how crazy it's gotten.

Oct. - Pretty much the same as Sept. but a little better weather and slightly higher crowds(?). If I remember right, isn't there some type of competition during October? Cheer, football, soccer, etc.?

Nov. - MVMCP, same type of deal as a Halloween party, something we might do but not something we would specifically go for. Good weather. Christmas decorations up which is always nice to see. Obviously the closer you get to Thanksgiving the crazier it gets. We have the luxury of being able to go whenever we want so we would stay away from the end of November.

So thats it. Am I missing anything? What are your thoughts?

Mr Anderson

Great point, perspective is everything! I'm originally from Fort Worth and I spent several summers there with family while I lived in Florida. What joyous memories I have of Six Flags in 100 degree weather...:cautious:
Haha right? I frequented Six Flags Over Texas in my youth and used to enjoy it. But ever since we first visited Walt Disney World together, Six Flags is just ruined for my wife and I. Walt spoiled us; we miss the magic too much.

But back to the original topic, we are going in early December this year; I've read that the crowds are pretty low. We usually go in early to mid September. Are the crowds fairly comparable to that time?

Upvote 0

bee

But back to the original topic, we are going in early December this year; I've read that the crowds are pretty low. We usually go in early to mid September. Are the crowds fairly comparable to that time?
The crowds might be slightly worse in early December due to events like MVMCP and Candlelight but since Thanksgiving is over and the major Christmastime rush hasn't begun you will be fine.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

We have gone all three months and I have to agree with others, September was our least fav. (and also has the greatest chance for hurricanes) End of October/beginning of November is the best time to visit, IMHO. Just avoid Epcot on the weekends if possible, during Food and Wine

Upvote 0

LivFreeorDisney

I've been in September 3 or 4 times and I like the crowds during that period but the weather is pretty hot. I've also been a couple of times during October and it was a good mix of weather and crowds, my favorite time to go by far. I also made it down twice during November with our third this November 8-16. The first November trip was fine weather wise at around 75 during the day and dipping down to the low 60s at night. I found it to be a little cold for Disney and did not go swimming which is really my favorite part of going down south. The second time we went down in November it was very cold, with temps in the 50s during the day and the low 40s at night. That was a very unpleasant trip but we made the most of it since the lines were pretty low. So I can't wait to see what the weather will be like for us this November and we have a good idea what we need to pack to make it a good trip. The only reason we're going back in November is to see the Xmas decorations instead of the usual Halloween stuff we've seen for the last 5-6 trips.

Upvote 0

Kevin_W

Is September really that bad? That's the month I'm planning on visiting next time due to the low crowds, cheaper prices, and MNSSHP.

No! It' snot bad at all. It was hotter than what my body was used to coming from Ohio where high temperatures were averaging in the low 70's, but it was bearable. The low crowds and discounts are great.

I'm not sure there is ever a super-low crowd season any more at WDW, and as crowds increase the park hours get longer to compensate. so I think it's fine to go any time!

Upvote 0

CamiCan

In DLR, September crowds are much lower than October because a lot of schools throughout California get one week of fall break sometime within the first three weeks of October. In WDW, there really isn't much difference between the two?

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I also made it down twice during November with our third this November 8-16. The first November trip was fine weather wise at around 75 during the day and dipping down to the low 60s at night. I found it to be a little cold for Disney and did not go swimming which is really my favorite part of going down south.

This is my concern with November. My kids love swimming at the hotel, and we would love to go to Blizzard Beach next time around, but is it honestly too cold in November for that?

Upvote 0

LivFreeorDisney

During the day it was warm enough but we were in the parks but once 5 o'clock came around the temp really went down pretty quick and I found myself putting on pants instead of swimming trunks. I also like to swim early in the morning around 5:30 6am and it was still to cold for me to go out for my morning swim.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

Hmmm... Well, we're going to have to think about that. We want to stay at Beach Club this time so that we can enjoy the F&W festival at Epcot and so the kids can enjoy the awesome pool there. We wanted to see the Christmas decorations, having done MNSSHP twice now. So, we thought early November would be perfect. But, now I'm thinking I need to have a talk with the fam and see what we want to do??? Maybe it just means staying later in the parks and swimming during the afternoon? But we'll see.

Upvote 0

CP_alum08

Original Poster
This is my concern with November. My kids love swimming at the hotel, and we would love to go to Blizzard Beach next time around, but is it honestly too cold in November for that?
Depends where you're from! If you're from the north it should be fine...but if it's anything below about 65 the locals bring our their wool coats and ski boots!!

Upvote 0

KCheatle

Depends where you're from! If you're from the north it should be fine...but if it's anything below about 65 the locals bring our their wool coats and ski boots!!

LOL! We're from Nebraska, so 85 in November is pretty dang warm for us. Even their lows in the 60s are warmer than our highs in November. But, still not sure I'd go out for an evening swim if it's 65??? :)

Upvote 0

GrammieBee

September is still considered to be one of the hot, rainy summer months. It is also the month most likely to see a hurricane or tropical storm. Not that it will definitely happen.
Here are the average Orlando temperatures for each month:
Sept. 90F high; 73F low.
Oct. 85F high; 68F low.
Nov. 79F high; 58F low.
Each month will see less rainfall than the month before. The least amount of rain in Florida is generally during the winter and early spring months.
The only minor drawback to Oct and Nov is that it gets dark fairly early.

Upvote 0

DVCPluto

The pools are nice and warm... we were in WDW in Jan and the weather was chilly! Low 60's during the day. My son still went swimming in the evening and loved it!

We're going the second week of Dec this year, and I can report back how crowds and weather are, but that's obviously not until Dec.

Thinking about a trip for Sept '15 to celebrate my son's bday. I think it all depends on what you want to do. Like @Kevin_W stated, during the busy times, the park hours are longer. So, I wouldn't worry too much about crowds for the fall months, unless you are thinking about thanksgiving week (or christmas/new years). Then you'll need an ironclad strategy to navigate the parks. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom