Comfort Suites in Nassau...yay or neah?

Disneymom201

Original Poster
I am thinking I don't want to regret not taking the DS's (14,10 & 20 months) to Atlantis. I just can't justify the expense. Anyhow I've read that others have booked a room at Comfort Suites next door and took full advantage of the day pass to Atlantis without even checking into their room.
I am looking for your personal experiences, both good and bad; either with Atlantis itself or if you booked at Comfort Suites versus booking the excursion through Disney. Was it difficult to get a taxi for a return ride back to port? On their website it states only 2 children per room. Do I include my 20 month old when booking the room? When I tried, I was not able to proceed with my reservation due to I exceeded the limit of children per room.
Thanks for any advise or experience that you have.
I look forward to your responses,
Amy

Disneyfalcon

We saved a lot by booking through Comfort Suites, but that's not always the case. There are lots of hidden costs. I would get official word from them on whether the 20 month old needs to be counted. If you need two rooms, odds are you will not save money. If you don't and you're still saving with all of the fees included, it can be great! :)

sweetpee_1993

What @Disneyfalcon said, be careful of the hidden fees! If you do a quote/booking thru their website directly there will be whole list of fees in the fine print and it says these are not included in the estimated total. Maybe call them to ask for sure. I'd hate for anyone to think they're getting a great deal then show up only to get slapped with another $100 in fees. I looked at CS, too. Those fees really added up for us but my boys are older teens. After factoring in the lunch and transportation the cruise line includes in their excursion the final cost comparison was close enough for us to just go thru the cruise line and feel comfortable with the peace of mind.

If you do opt to go with CS, transportation will not be a problem for you. There's tons of taxis and things waiting right by the fenced area when you walk off the pier. Then, to return you just walk out the front of the hotel and you can't miss the taxis all lined up waiting. Noooooo problem! Good luck and have fun! We looooove the Aquaventure at Atlantis!!!

Disneymom201

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your advise!!! I don't want to "miss out" on Atlantis as I am not sure when or if we will be back. Heading to WDW after the cruise so that's another expense to factor in. I have read so many mixed reviews about Atlantis I wasn't sure if going through DCL & paying close to $700 was really worth the expense. I am skeptical on booking CS, but thought it would be a way for us to experience Atlantis at a fraction of the price. I did notice the $20/pp fee & a few others too. Also read that a small soda will run $4. I can't imagine what lunch would cost us.
I'm trying to convince myself that we are paying for the cruise, we should stay on the ship; yet I don't want to have any regrets.
Thanks again :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom