color run - shine tour 2015

imagination30

Original Poster
so My mom has been wanting to try a 5k , and she has mentioned wanted to do the color run .. so i went and look at the website tonight , and found out that its coming back to our area in sept. , with a diffrent type of run ... , it looks kinda cool , they are adding new stuff this year . so my question is . since shes not really a runner , could she walk some of it , or would this one be a bad idea for her to do since they are changing the format this year! , any thoughts on people who have done this event before. --- oh and this year you get a medal . which is cool!?-
thanks

Disneydreamer23

I have donecolor run for 5 years you walk or run at your own pace look up black light run that onesis my favorite color one happens in the morning the blacklight run happens at night and so it's more comfortable for someone that isn't comfortable running in front of people because it's dark

Disneymom201

I did the Color Run this past summer. They designated one side of the road for walkers & the other for runners. As a runner I did much more walking. The areas were VERY congested. People were rolling around in the color stations. There were a ton of strollers too. This was a very friendly 'walk' run :)

dreamfinder

The color runs aren't (or at least haven't been) timed. Yeah, they have a timer, but much like the 5ks at WDW races, they just start it when the first wave goes and it runs til the last person crosses the finish line. The Color Runs are much more a party and less of a run. Many of the people there will be high school/college/grown up friends and not so much the solo runners. People show up to have a fun time and get dumped on with colored powder. (Make sure to bring towels/sheets to cover your car unless you want it to look like a rainbow)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom