Color Controversy & Splash Mountain

Sassagoula-Rvr

Totally unrelated...I have never seen Song of the South....but Splash Mountain is probably my favorite ride ever...kind of makes me sad...I understand being PC...but still...

Bairstow

Check it out: The main three Song of the South animals appear in the new Disney Xbox game.
I'm surprised Disney is still making content with these characters.

Cmdr_Crimson

Check it out: The main three Song of the South animals appear in the new Disney Xbox game.

I think it's because many people who don't realize it was based on a movie would think it was a Park born attraction like PoTC, Country Bears, Tiki Room Etc.. Memorable songs and creative characters..But, for people who really know what it was about..It's about a film from Walt Disney Pictures..

sublimesting

They actually use the characters quite a bit considering the defunct status of the movie, which upon viewing now days, really isn't so bad at all. It is post Civil War and people are mad that Uncle Remus is happy living on the plantation and telling stories. But this is Disney, real world issues, politics, troubles etc rarely factor into their story telling and shouldn't be used to clout out a good yarn.
If we want to go that route then Toy Story should be banned because toys are made by children in Taiwanese sweat shops, The mutinouous, murderous pirate gets away in Treasure Island, Pinocchio features drinking and smoking, etc.
That being said Song of the South isn't a great yarn, but the cartoons are and I wish the kids of today could view them. Well, mine can due to a "deal I worked ot".

The Duck

Totally unrelated...I have never seen Song of the South....but Splash Mountain is probably my favorite ride ever...kind of makes me sad...I understand being PC...but still...

I enjoy my bootleg DVD. Just Google "Song of the South DVD" and you should come up with several sources. (But don't waste your time with Amazon.com. They'll tell you to put your name on a list and they'll alert you as soon as Disney releases it).

FutureCEO

A rumor that Splash Mt will close do to everything being so PC now.

b17ff1567bdc4c1add8257a73f829085.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom