College Program Off-Site Apartments

Jordanne Morrow

Original Poster
Hi!
I will be participating in the College Program at Disney World starting this August! I will be bringing my dog with me, so I will have to find my own apartment to live in. Does anyone know of any good apartments that are near Disney World (preferably no more than a 20 minute drive away) and that are pretty inexpensive? (I will be making basically minimum wage so I am hoping to find a one bedroom or studio apartment for about $400 - $500 a month.
Thank you in advance!!

Dasnowz

you will not find an apt in that price range. most apts nearby are almost double that price wise. you will need to find a roommate situation. I hate to mention this but you might want to find a way to leave dog home with mom/dad/ sibling/friend. there are times you will be working 70 hours a week. is this fair to your dog to be locked up alone for hours upon hours at a time? Last holiday season over Christmas I know someone who worked 107 hours in one week. And by holiday season I mean from thanksgiving until jan. many times you find cast members sleeping in their cars because they have only a few hours between shifts. CP's work a lot of hours. On top of work hours there are things for cps to due such as classes and some fun things.

MadisonLiz96

Hi!
I will be participating in the College Program at Disney World starting this August! I will be bringing my dog with me, so I will have to find my own apartment to live in. Does anyone know of any good apartments that are near Disney World (preferably no more than a 20 minute drive away) and that are pretty inexpensive? (I will be making basically minimum wage so I am hoping to find a one bedroom or studio apartment for about $400 - $500 a month.
Thank you in advance!!
I've been looking around for apartments and if you want to keep it in that price range, I recommend getting a roommate. The Sterling Crest apartments (http://www.sterlingcrestorlando.com/sterling-crest-orlando-fl) are where I'm looking to stay when move down in July and I believe they allow dogs. It's about a 25 minute drive to the parks. I'm looking for a roommate and I absolutely love dogs so if you're interested let me know!! 2 bedroom apartments start around 800-900 a month so it would fall into your price range.

Domosuke

Living outside the college program apartments, in my opinion, defeats a pivotal component of the program. Sure, they're not the best accommodations, but just getting the chance to live with people from different parts of the country (and the world in some cases) make it worth it.

No sweetheart, it doesn't defeat anything. Other than you'll won't be living with people who will snitch on you over inane things to get you termed, and you won't quarrel over issues that living with strange people brings, and your living preferences.

In addition she can't bring her pet which he explained in her first post. Maybe she doesn't have someone to watch it or doesn't want to pay for a dog hotel for a year.

Thats one of the big reasons I don't want to do the DCP. Firsthand, it costs too much, as the cost is usually for their inhouse apartment, sans that, the program probably would be free. lol. Secondly, I live so close to disney. Most importantly, other than a relative or significant other, I would hate to be in a living space with strange people. I have certain rituals I do, that they may find weird.

Now unless it's Big Brother or survivor. That's different lol.

With that said, the DCP has lots of advantages. The classes they give, the internship possibilities, they get better seniority in roles. I would like it a lot better if we didn't have to pay or live in the apartments with other people with crazy rules. Some people don't need the the apartments, especially for people like me that live so close to disney anyways.

That was real foolish for you to say that you have to use the apartments for DCP.

Last edited:

MMDisneyPodcaster

There really aren't a lot of options if you want to stay close to Disney property in that price range without having at least a few roommates, and that could be difficult as most CPs want to stay in Disney housing. It really does make it a lot easier as you know you have a place and don't have to but things like utensils and stuff like that and they take rent out of your work check which makes it super easy. But if youre determined to find a place Abaco Key is close to property off of Apopka/Vineland and pretty nice for a cheaper price but you will need at least 2 other roommates in a 3 bedroom. That's where I lived on my PI and it was about $575 for rent split between the 3 of us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom