College Program - Local Floridian - Opinions needed!

mcgeesav

Original Poster
I am hoping for some advice. I live in Orlando, Florida and I attend University of Central Florida. Although I am studying communications and education, it has always been a dream of mine to be a Disney Face Character while I am here in the area. About 6 months ago I went to an audition for a part time role, and made it to the final round as Cinderella but got a rejection email a few weeks later.

On Thursday there is an audition here in Orlando for college program face characters. I have read online that I can choose to continue living in my current apartment while enrolled in the program - which is great!

I just have a few questions
1. I realize that I can take classes through Disney while in the college program, but I was curious if I was able to continue taking classes through UCF. (Possibly 2 online, 1 on campus) I find it appealing that in the college program, if you are taking classes with Disney, they will allot you time off during the week for your courses. I am hoping I can still have time off for classes but take them through UCF.
Is this possible??

2. Will I still have time on weekends to participate in an occasional sorority event or go home?

3. If I am chosen as a face character in an entertainment role, am I able to take classes that might still qualify for Communication/Education credit if option #1 above is impossible for UCF credits?

It seems to me that a part time role is truly what I am seeking, but I am itching to go to another audition and fulfill my dream! If I am selected for College Program, what do you think it would be like for someone who lives locally like me?

katiekinzakat

As a fellow UCF student, I really recommend that you do not do the College Program. They will not work with you to schedule around your university classes, only Disney classes. You can still take online classes through UCF, but taking more than one may be a struggle as CPs usually get the reject shifts that nobody wants (think closing every night, especially at MK). I can almost guarantee that you will not be scheduled a weekend off, instead your "weekend" will be something like Wednesday/Thursday. Do not delay your education to be a CP. Not when you live so close and can do part time work instead. I know that Disney regularly holds face character auditions for non CPs, so just be patient. Of course, it's up to you. You just need to figure out what you really want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom