CMs: how bad/good is tipping at WDW restaurants?

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
And if there's no interest in being a Disney bartender in the near future, who cares what they make and if the tipping evens out?

I don't have to justify to you why I asked a simple "chit-chat" question.

Why are you so concerned?

I think you could maybe use a little therapy. This is really bizarrely important to you.

Get a life.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I don't have to justify to you why I asked a simple "chit-chat" question.

Why are you so concerned?

I think you could maybe use a little therapy. This is really bizarrely important to you.

Get a life.
All do respect, you've come about asking a question, then getting upset when so-called (by you) "know it alls" give you answers you're not crazy about. Then you complain because there isn't anyone willing to come out and admit they're a current CM/bartender willing to admit who is and isn't a good tipper. Instead of insulting one person (and others), sit back and accept the fact you may not get a direct answer to your question, but may get a general idea from those you'd seek to denigrate....

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
All do respect, you've come about asking a question, then getting upset when so-called (by you) "know it alls" give you answers you're not crazy about. Then you complain because there isn't anyone willing to come out and admit they're a current CM/bartender willing to admit who is and isn't a good tipper. Instead of insulting one person (and others), sit back and accept the fact you may not get a direct answer to your question, but may get a general idea from those you'd seek to denigrate....

Excuse me, but if that's your interpretation, then you don't have very good reading comprehension skills.

I never "complained because there isn't anyone willing to come out and admit..." In fact, I never complained at all, except about people like you and your buddy who feel the need and are arrogant enough to stick your nose in other peoples' business and tell them what to post or not, and try to draw conclusions where there are none to be drawn.

Clearly neither you nor that other person were interested in this discussion, so why bother to comment? Let me have my question, and if nobody answers it, then nobody answers it. Did you see me bumping the thread going, "Why isn't anybody answering?"

In fact, all I did was responsibly redirect the discussion when people went OT posting their opinions on tipping in general (which a couple of nice people warned me about in the very beginning) so as to avoid a "tip-war" thread.

Again, you both act like this is "important" or something. It's a casual chat board, not medical advice. And yes in the short time I've been here I've "met" some people who seem like great and fun people, and others who seem like they need to make themselves feel important or special or better than everyone else - or more "in the know," and that is something that has always gotten on my nerves, and probably indicates some kind of emotional issues on your part.

For the record, apparently one CM did respond, and it was a nice interaction, which did not need to be judged and scored and approved by you or the other but-insky. Why do you feel it is appropriate to interfere in someone else's asking a simple question? You are not joining the discussion, you're critiquing it - as if you have any place to do that.

I'll ask 14 more questions if I like, and I don't need your approval or critique.

And now this newbie will go find the "ignore" feature. You are so not worth one moment of my time more than I've already generously spent on this one post alone.

I'm here for fun, lighthearted Disney chat, not this fourth grade wannabe evil queen routine.

Next.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster

Oh, and it's all "due" respect, not "do."

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Excuse me, but if that's your interpretation, then you don't have very good reading comprehension skills.

I never "complained because there isn't anyone willing to come out and admit..." In fact, I never complained at all, except about people like you and your buddy who feel the need and are arrogant enough to stick your nose in other peoples' business and tell them what to post or not, and try to draw conclusions where there are none to be drawn.

Clearly neither you nor that other person were interested in this discussion, so why bother to comment? Let me have my question, and if nobody answers it, then nobody answers it. Did you see me bumping the thread going, "Why isn't anybody answering?"

In fact, all I did was responsibly redirect the discussion when people went OT posting their opinions on tipping in general (which a couple of nice people warned me about in the very beginning) so as to avoid a "tip-war" thread.

Again, you both act like this is "important" or something. It's a casual chat board, not medical advice. And yes in the short time I've been here I've "met" some people who seem like great and fun people, and others who seem like they need to make themselves feel important or special or better than everyone else - or more "in the know," and that is something that has always gotten on my nerves, and probably indicates some kind of emotional issues on your part.

For the record, apparently one CM did respond, and it was a nice interaction, which did not need to be judged and scored and approved by you or the other but-insky. Why do you feel it is appropriate to interfere in someone else's asking a simple question? You are not joining the discussion, you're critiquing it - as if you have any place to do that.

I'll ask 14 more questions if I like, and I don't need your approval or critique.

And now this newbie will go find the "ignore" feature. You are so not worth one moment of my time more than I've already generously spent on this one post alone.

I'm here for fun, lighthearted Disney chat, not this fourth grade wannabe evil queen routine.

Next.
Oh, and it's all "due" respect, not "do."
Oh dear, foiled by spell check again. How ever shall I live with the ignominy....

And quite frankly, your incessant need to rant and name-call is more of a reflection on you. Perhaps my only regret is that with your placing me on ignore that I haven't gotten you anything. Most the pity....

mouse_luv

2014-10-08-danpic-thumb.jpg

We tip 20% at Disney but only after deducting 20% from the bill due to on-site inflation that is non-existent off-site. In other words, why tip based on inflated Disney pricing when servers aren't buying their groceries and other necessities at the same inflated rate?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think Bristol's mom is pulling our leg LOL.
There's your answer....
Do you not think that the servers get together after work and laugh about how much more they make working at Disney than some off-site restaurant due to the inflated prices?
Considering they don't set the prices, and they have to deal with people that short their tips? Probably not....

lazyboy97o

You seem to take this a bit too seriously. It's a Disney fan chat board.
Asking others to do something that can result in disciplinary action or termination is pretty serious stuff.

Do you not think that the servers get together after work and laugh about how much more they make working at Disney than some off-site restaurant due to the inflated prices?
Then you're quite ignorant about the cost of living around Walt Disney World.

I am not a server at Disney, but have plenty of friends that are. It is NOT easy getting a full time serving position at Disney. My advice is take what you can get, even if it's part time in a restaurant at the bottom of thetotempole. Disney is all about seniority, and when something opens you can pounce on it. In the meantime, you can get a serving job elsewhere and wait it out. It's few and far between that you can get a good paying gig somewhere from the get go, so be patient. Casting is the way to go, and they will set you up with what you need. Be persistent, friendly, and continue to prove yourself, by knowing about food and wine. There are way too many servers that could care less, and no nothing about what they're serving. Managers like to see passion. If you end up with a full time gig at one of the "signature restaurants" or one that turns over tables like crazy, it is not unreasonable to make upwards of $60+k/year.

Read more:http://www.city-data.com/forum/orla...ver-disney-world-hollywood.html#ixzz3jgrzpYWI

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom