CM Silver Pass question

horizons82

Original Poster
My dad is a CM at WDW and has been there many, many years. Some time ago I believe he was upgraded to a Silver Main Gate Pass for 15+ years of service.

What I'm trying to help my parents find out is whether or not the Silver Pass has different black-out dates than the standard pass (which is blue I believe).

My parents are far from being tech savvy, and I've been on The Hub with them to try and help them find this info, but all we can find is one list of blackout dates. I've also tried doing various searches on-line as to whether or not the Silver Pass has different blackout dates, but can not find and answer one way or the other.

If a CM or anyone in the know could say if the Silver pass has different blackout dates and if so how we could find those, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

dreamfinder

Does this post help any?

Dave covered this, but to elaborate...

"Blue" pass (most employees) - Unlimited entry for CM, 16 entries with up to 3 guests (more if the CM has a ton of kids)
"Silver" pass (salaried employees, employees with 15 years) - Unlimited entry for CM and guests (generally 3 at a time)

With both passes, blockout dates apply to "letting guests in" but generally do not apply to the CM him/herself. Some days (Christmas, July 4th, etc.) might have all CMs blocked out. Cast members also get a few blockout-free tickets per year.

FWIW, Disneyland blockouts apply both to guests and cast members.

Technically incorrect. The CMs don't get in with their ID anymore (post-MM+). They have their own Main Entrance pass that, like you said, is not subject to blockouts. But it's not the ID anymore because the ID doesn't work with the RFID touch points.

I'd suggest reading that whole thread for all sorts of enlightenment. They also have the link to the public facing version of the blockout calendar which may help as well.

CaptainAmerica

My dad is a CM at WDW and has been there many, many years. Some time ago I believe he was upgraded to a Silver Main Gate Pass for 15+ years of service.

What I'm trying to help my parents find out is whether or not the Silver Pass has different black-out dates than the standard pass (which is blue I believe).

My parents are far from being tech savvy, and I've been on The Hub with them to try and help them find this info, but all we can find is one list of blackout dates. I've also tried doing various searches on-line as to whether or not the Silver Pass has different blackout dates, but can not find and answer one way or the other.

If a CM or anyone in the know could say if the Silver pass has different blackout dates and if so how we could find those, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Blockout dates are the same. The perk of the silver pass is that they can use it an unlimited number of times, whereas blue pass people are capped at sixteen or something uses.

horizons82

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses.

So if I understand correctly, the CM can get in on his own main gate pass anytime regardless of whether it's a blackout date...
...and that the blackout dates would only apply if the CM wanted to bring in guests that day. So on the blackout days the CM can still enter, but is just not able to bring guests. Is this correct?

And my mother also has a spouse/main gate pass...does this mean they could both still enter the park on a blackout date since she has her own spouse main gate pass and not a guest pass?

Now it's starting to make sense. My parents were under the impression this applied to them as well and not just for bringing in guests.

So other than perhaps Christmas Day and New Year's there are probably no blackout dates for the actual CM? Is that assumption correct?

CaptainAmerica

So if I understand correctly, the CM can get in on his own main gate pass anytime regardless of whether it's a blackout date...
...and that the blackout dates would only apply if the CM wanted to bring in guests that day. So on the blackout days the CM can still enter, but is just not able to bring guests. Is this correct?
Almost always. There are some rare days where CMs themselves are blocked as well. Go to blockoutdates.disney.com. If the CM can't get in him- or herself, it says "Employee Self-Admission (Employee Only)".

And my mother also has a spouse/main gate pass...does this mean they could both still enter the park on a blackout date since she has her own spouse main gate pass and not a guest pass?
Not correct. The spouse is blocked like guests.

So other than perhaps Christmas Day and New Year's there are probably no blackout dates for the actual CM? Is that assumption correct?
The whole week of Christmas.

horizons82

Original Poster
Thank you so much Captain...now the classification on the blackout chart makes sense to me and I can explain it to them. This is much appreciated!

And from what I can tell the spouse pass is pretty much blocked on all of the same days that guest passes are, so only my dad could get in on the blackout days except for the days when even he is blocked (where it says "employee self-admission"). Makes total sense now.

Last question on this...if my parents wanted to go on a blackout day (but where the actual CM is not blocked), he could get in on his pass and she could use one of their employee complimentary passes to get in? Are those complimentary CM tickets ever blocked out or are they good 365? I can't find anything suggesting the CM comp tickets have blackout dates.

Thanks again ever so much!

stini228

Thank you so much Captain...now the classification on the blackout chart makes sense to me and I can explain it to them. This is much appreciated!

And from what I can tell the spouse pass is pretty much blocked on all of the same days that guest passes are, so only my dad could get in on the blackout days except for the days when even he is blocked (where it says "employee self-admission"). Makes total sense now.

Last question on this...if my parents wanted to go on a blackout day (but where the actual CM is not blocked), he could get in on his pass and she could use one of their employee complimentary passes to get in? Are those complimentary CM tickets ever blocked out or are they good 365? I can't find anything suggesting the CM comp tickets have blackout dates.

Thanks again ever so much!
Complimentary passes are not subject to blockout dates :)

Retroman40

Just remember that you'll have to print the comp ticket voucher and trade it in at a ticket window for an actual physical "hard" ticket. I don't want to add any complexity, but if your dad has a MDE account all this passes can be linked and FP+ can be done in advance. Of course they can always be done at a kiosk at the park but same day FP+ is a bit of a lottery especially on busy days.

CaptainAmerica

Complimentary passes are not subject to blockout dates :)
The special holiday ones are. Not normal blockout dates, but they have their own list.

Just remember that you'll have to print the comp ticket voucher and trade it in at a ticket window for an actual physical "hard" ticket. I don't want to add any complexity, but if your dad has a MDE account all this passes can be linked and FP+ can be done in advance. Of course they can always be done at a kiosk at the park but same day FP+ is a bit of a lottery especially on busy days.
Of if it's a resort guest with a MagicBand. Comp tickets can be assigned that way.

LidiliaTrujillo

I’ve been calling different numbers and no one can help me to get my blue main gate pass upgraded to silver l have 19+ plus years and l want to retire with the right card which l should of gotten when l got my 15 years achievement please respond to my email lidilia_t@hotmail.com thank you

Colorado K

Thanks for the responses.

Now it's starting to make sense. My parents were under the impression this applied to them as well and not just for bringing in guests.

How do you get that pass? I'm a retired cast member and no one will connect me with right people to get it. No phone number

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom