Club Level - Bottle Water

NeedMoreMickey

Original Poster
I've search thru dozens of pictures and I can't tell if bottles of water is one of the beverage options on the club level. I see soda, beer and wine but I don't see a bottle water and since my group is very big water drinkers they say this is a deal breaker if they would have to pay for bottle water. We almost always have a bottle of water with us and often refill it with water from QS in the parks. If water is included we won't have to figure out a way to buy it outside of the WDW bubble.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks Tuvalu. Guess we could take our own bottles and fill them.
It can be difficult to try to fill a water bottle from some of the lounge water dispensers. At the Poly, for example, the spigot for the dispenser allows room for a short small glass underneath, but not for a 16.9 oz. water bottle. At WL, there are big bottles of Evian with small spouts, so trying to transfer water from a large, small spout bottle to another small spout bottle is a challenge. Just trying to give you a head's up ;).

What I do is fill my water bottle(s) from the tap in the room and keep the bottle(s) refrigerated. The taste really doesn't bother me. Other family members are more particular about the taste of water, so in that case I fill bottles up from the filtered water dispenser in the beverage machine at the quick serve location. Water is free and not restricted to using a Rapid Fill mug.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The removal of bottled water from the club lounges shows just how stingy Disney has become.
This isn't a recent change. I first stayed club level in 2009 and individual bottles of water were not available at that time and according to the CM I spoke with, had not been for a while. Removal was due to guests' hoarding of the water bottles; CMs couldn't keep the bottles in stock fast enough and numerous unopened bottles were found in guest rooms after check-out, which of course had to be discarded.

Selfish guests were the cause for this change; it's one of the many reasons why we can no longer have nice things. :rolleyes:

surfsupdon

All you have to do is ask for a bottle. I do believe it's evian. My family of 4 will each get a bottle. We joke about it with the CMs but they just keep getting us bottles several times a day. No big deal.

Polydweller

Tuvalu's correct, this isn't a new change.mit began a few year's back due to two main factors based on guest behaviour. First, they discovered that when people were checking out many would empty the refrigerator of every bottle and put it into a bag or container and leave. That was never the intent and if done after staff left for the morning denied other club level residents of bottled water. And yes, the costs of this guest behaviour were substantial.

The second factor was guests taking bottles during their stay and leaving them in their rooms, usually refrigerators. Even if not opened the bottles had to be thrown out due to health regulations and this was also creating costs both in multiple cases of water per month and the disposal costs.

The CL manager I talked with about the issue said that their budget was always being stressed by the problem, after all they are given only so much budget to work with, and the costs were very high. It became recognized across the resorts and the current water dispensing method was the result. And yes you can ask for bottled water and will receive a large glass bottle. Now the manager tells me the costs are back to where they should be and they are no longer taking budget from other areas such as food and juices to cover the water costs.

KoalaKoala

This isn't a recent change. I first stayed club level in 2009 and individual bottles of water were not available at that time and according to the CM I spoke with, had not been for a while. Removal was due to guests' hoarding of the water bottles; CMs couldn't keep the bottles in stock fast enough and numerous unopened bottles were found in guest rooms after check-out, which of course had to be discarded.

Selfish guests were the cause for this change; it's one of the many reasons why we can no longer have nice things. :rolleyes:
I stand duly chastised. But they could still store the smaller bottles and mete them out sparingly.

Hockey89

Tuvalu's correct, this isn't a new change.mit began a few year's back due to two main factors based on guest behaviour. First, they discovered that when people were checking out many would empty the refrigerator of every bottle and put it into a bag or container and leave. That was never the intent and if done after staff left for the morning denied other club level residents of bottled water. And yes, the costs of this guest behaviour were substantial.

The second factor was guests taking bottles during their stay and leaving them in their rooms, usually refrigerators. Even if not opened the bottles had to be thrown out due to health regulations and this was also creating costs both in multiple cases of water per month and the disposal costs.

The CL manager I talked with about the issue said that their budget was always being stressed by the problem, after all they are given only so much budget to work with, and the costs were very high. It became recognized across the resorts and the current water dispensing method was the result. And yes you can ask for bottled water and will receive a large glass bottle. Now the manager tells me the costs are back to where they should be and they are no longer taking budget from other areas such as food and juices to cover the water costs.
Not a shock....All about me and the level of selflessness in this country is off the charts....

LdyApxr

Not a shock....All about me and the level of selflessness in this country is off the charts....
Yes, not just contained to Disney. We attended several MotoGP events here in CA and we purchase Flagroom tickets which cover parking at the event, a covered tented area during the races that also serve drinks on Friday, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday and there are times that you will see a group come in, grab a table at the fence, throw down all their belonging(as motorcycle rides, we must pack light but everyone packs a backpack and then there is the gear, helmets, jackets, pants, gloves etc) and leave the area until lunch or the races start which precludes anyone else to sit there in the interim and then they will grab many waters and sodas and stack them up, leave, come back and put those aside to get cold ones. Now in all the years we go, we have never had the flagroom run out of beverages of any kind and that includes the heat storm of 2006 when the track was melting and the venue started giving out free waters to everyone at the track due to people needing medical attention. It's just pure selfishness and there is no other excuse for it and we have always used it as a teaching tool for our son(who was 8) to explain that just because something is available, you do not need to take it if you will not be using it. We took a couple of nephews to Disneyland a couple years ago and they have never seen anything like it, have never traveled, and apparently never seen a buffet because the older one (13) tried piling his plate with everything whether he was going to eat it or not so I explained that you only take what you are going to eat and if you want more after you are done, you can get more but that concept was lost on him. Needless to say, they have not and will not be taken back. Sad but my own family does not teach manners to their children.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom