Club level at the Contemporary questions

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
Thanks to a bounce back deal, we changed our Contemporary reservation and moved it to the Club level category.

We're on a higher floor and have club level access at a 800 dollar savings over our existing reservation. The down-side is that we are now have a lake view room as opposed to a park view room.

I'm not asking if its worth the loss of the view because it is 800 dollars we're talking about, but I am asking; is the access to the lounge in reality a nice benefit. Are there sufficient pastries/snack type foods available in which it could replace a breakfast or a dinner?

I've made all my reservations for the up and coming trip in April, so is there anything the personalized concierge could do for us?

I'd like to fully take advantage and maybe save even more money, i.e., using the club lounge to replace a meal or two.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have had club access at several of the resorts and it is a nice thing to have. If it was an even swap in price view would probably win out, but saving $800 and getting club service...that is going to win every time.

The thing I really liked about club service was a grab and go or quick breakfast is a big time saver and it is very easy to do with club access. It is also nice to be able to grab a soda or bear at the end of the day without thinking about the cost.

You can replace a meal or two with club service, the trick is you have to be close to make the travel time worth it. Breakfast is the obvious best choice, but you can also do lunch if you are coming back to the resort for a mid day break. The only real downside to replacing a meal with it is you are not dealing with substantial portions of anything as it is all pretty much finger food outside of breakfast.

There is little the personalized concierge will be able to do for you as it is not really the same as a personalized concierge you will find at a high end resort. At resorts outside of Disney, concierge tend to have access to hard to get tickets and reservations and can often get you into a sold out show, booked up restaurant, etc.

The same is not true at Disney. They are pulling from the same inventory you can access on your smart phone or laptop. About the only advantage they have over a regular guest is they tend to know the system really well and know how to get it to spit out options someone new to Disney might no get.

It is however nice to have a direct person to talk to if you are trying to make or change a reservation vs just seeing what pulls up on the Disney App.

aw14

We are staying there (Club level) in march. From my experience (Poly Club level) the offerings wont replace a meal per se....more like snacking throughout the day.

The offerings I have seen are not substantial enough to replace a formal lunch/dinner

Innkeeper's Club

I have had club access at several of the resorts and it is a nice thing to have. If it was an even swap in price view would probably win out, but saving $800 and getting club service...that is going to win every time.

The thing I really liked about club service was a grab and go or quick breakfast is a big time saver and it is very easy to do with club access. It is also nice to be able to grab a soda or bear at the end of the day without thinking about the cost.

You can replace a meal or two with club service, the trick is you have to be close to make the travel time worth it. Breakfast is the obvious best choice, but you can also do lunch if you are coming back to the resort for a mid day break. The only real downside to replacing a meal with it is you are not dealing with substantial portions of anything as it is all pretty much finger food outside of breakfast.

There is little the personalized concierge will be able to do for you as it is not really the same as a personalized concierge you will find at a high end resort. At resorts outside of Disney, concierge tend to have access to hard to get tickets and reservations and can often get you into a sold out show, booked up restaurant, etc.

The same is not true at Disney. They are pulling from the same inventory you can access on your smart phone or laptop. About the only advantage they have over a regular guest is they tend to know the system really well and know how to get it to spit out options someone new to Disney might no get.

It is however nice to have a direct person to talk to if you are trying to make or change a reservation vs just seeing what pulls up on the Disney App.
While I have seen other people say the food offerings between 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM are not much of a meal replacement compared to what is offered for breakfast, recently some of the Club Level lounges now offer more of an upscale menu. For example at the Boardwalk Inn and Contemporary, they are now offer soups from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM which is something neither one had available in the past. There is also a difference with the other foods they offer and having experienced what they use to have to what they have now, it's a lot better.

I also had a Club Level Cast Member once tell me if you were trying to get a last minute ADR at a restaurant in the resort you were staying at and the My Disney Experience App or Cast Member on the phone said it was sold out, the Club Level Cast Members might be able to get you in. I was told when they log onto the dining system it sees them doing it from a Club Level lounge, however like I just said that's only good for restaurants where you are staying. For any other ones it sees the same list of what is available and what is not available.

Omi19

We stayed Atrium Club Bay Lake view in April. Wonderful. Many consider Magic Kingdom view a parking lot view because that is what is closest. The lounge is a great place to view fireworks from the balconies. Evening food was sufficient for us. Also, we just came back from club level at Animal Kingdom Lodge and they, too, are offering more substantial 5 to 7 p.m. foods. Many years ago that club level offered soups but scaled back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom