Club 32 - World's Fair, Discoveryland, and Tomorrowland

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
For me personally I'm always a fan of "flow" -- one leading into the other...if we can master flow in a Magic Kingdom style park that would actually be a big accomplishment because even the pros still have some drastic shifts in tone

(For example Mine Train, Tea Cups, Circus, Speedway)

Voxel

President of Progress City
For me personally I'm always a fan of "flow" -- one leading into the other...if we can master flow in a Magic Kingdom style park that would actually be a big accomplishment because even the pros still have some drastic shifts in tone

(For example Mine Train, Tea Cups, Circus, Speedway)
I would lean in this direction, flow is important and it might never be perfect but I think it also something to strive for. That does't mean a verne still discoverland can't flow into an optimistic tomorrowland but it would be harder to do :D.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
A good example of flow (even though I've never been there) so take with a grain of salt is Tokyo DisneySEA
dldsw123456.jpg

There is an architectural transition but it isn't one that's drastic or off-putting. If you were in the Mediterranean one might look across a sea and gaze at a mountain, or a volcano (pompeii)

Even though the storylines don't follow those -- it's a psychological advantage in theme park design that tricks you into thinking...okay...that makes sense.

Voxel

A good example of flow (even though I've never been there) so take with a grain of salt is Tokyo DisneySEA
dldsw123456.jpg

There is an architectural transition but it isn't one that's drastic or off-putting. If you were in the Mediterranean one might look across a sea and gaze at a mountain, or a volcano (pompeii)

Even though the storylines don't follow those -- it's a psychological advantage in theme park design that tricks you into thinking...okay...that makes sense.
Yes that is a perfect example of flow, I think the Adventurelands into liberty square is another good one.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Yes that is a perfect example of flow, I think the Adventurelands into liberty square is another good one.
Maybe we could make these maps -- that would be the 1 in the 1,2,3 read that Tom was talking about -- doesn't overwhelm the reader with a bunch of content -- but gives a concise presentation that introduces the reader to the lands, their flow, and their backstories
DbM450.jpg

DbM4511.jpg

Voxel

Maybe we could make these maps -- that would be the 1 in the 1,2,3 read that Tom was talking about -- doesn't overwhelm the reader with a bunch of content -- but gives a concise presentation that introduces the reader to the lands, their flow, and their backstories
DbM450.jpg

DbM4511.jpg
Agreed, this is an excellent short way to present. Even the proposals are very concise.. Look at the Swiss Epcot one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom