Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Actually can we just confirm what we want to see in the mini-land?

I like the Villains Tonight show actually:p That'd be fun -- and I can expand on what's there.

Ratigan's would be a great bar/QS place too

Then Bald Mountain and the new Haunted Mansion. I think that's enough attractions -- then we can fill it out with shops (maybe a Museum of the Weird shop?) maybe have a reference to S.E.A. somewhere, some M&Gs and call it a day?:)

FigmentPigments

Actually can we just confirm what we want to see in the mini-land?

I like the Villains Tonight show actually:p That'd be fun -- and I can expand on what's there.

Ratigan's would be a great bar/QS place too

Then Bald Mountain and the new Haunted Mansion. I think that's enough attractions -- then we can fill it out with shops (maybe a Museum of the Weird shop?) maybe have a reference to S.E.A. somewhere, some M&Gs and call it a day?:)
I'm good with this. Also, @StevenU is doing a Elephant Graveyard restaurant (we don't have to have Ratigans if it's going to be too crowded).

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Just to give an update on the inspiration behind this Haunted Mansion I'm working on...some of the inspirations I'll be drawing from.

VCW_D_Sjose_T4_WinchesterMysteryHouse_ChristySharp_1280x642.jpg

This is the Winchester Mansion that was one of the inspirations for the original Haunted Mansion concept in Disneyland

Estes Park and the Stanley Hotel was the inspiration behind the Stephen King novel, The Shining
Stanley-Header-Whiskey-Bar.jpg

And lastly, the Biltmore in Asheville, NC
7693a61f94ecdcc66dcf610f9559b6f0.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Rough Draft - The Haunted Mansion Story-line
latest

In 1875, George Bluebeard began construction on a sprawling mansion for his 7th wife, Lucretia. Featuring a plethora of eclectic rooms and a unique design, Bluebeard spent the next several years trying to build the perfect mansion for his perfect wife. Unfortunately for Bluebeard however, his situation took a turn for the worst.
haunted-mansion-interior.jpg

Picture of Lucretia

George had seven winsome wives, some of them were fat, some thin, but the seventh one did him in. George Bluebeard died in the mansion he built, and rumor has it at the hand of the woman he married he built it for. Lucretia took control of the mansion, but ever since she claimed her inheritance, she began experiencing ghostly appearances throughout the house and grounds.

The organ in the ballroom began to play on its own, doors would swing open, voices would cry out to her, and the clock never told the right time. She decided to bring in a seance in order to discover any ghosts in the mansion, and to possibly rid her of her daftly spirits. However, that just made matters worse.

The seance, named Leota, called on the spirits, wherever they're at, and George Bluebeard's mansion soon became a portal to 999 happy haunts from all around the world, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight. The spirit of George Bluebeard rose from the dead to haunt Lucretia, and drive her out of the mansion he built. Some say they can still hear her screams from the room in which she saw him. For the next few years, the mansion was known for its spiritual dwellings. Those who sought to dare venture inside were met with the ghouls within, touring the mansion at their own behalf and risk.

Now, your carriage approaches, to take you into the boundless realm of the supernatural.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Here's a rough blueprint of the scenes in the ride.

186115987220976377%253Faccount_id%253D9

Instead of the foyer scene being the pre-show -- similar to Tower of Terror, I'd have it be in the Library (well stocked with priceless first editions)

I always want to look at the detail of the library on the ride, but never get the opportunity because you go by it so fast. If the library was the pre-show then you'd be able to walk around, maybe even interact with the environment too!

Then we go to the load of the doom buggies.

Next is the Foyer (except more grand than in the WDW version. This foyer will start the attraction off with a bang, and have several ghostly effects in it as well. The paintings where the eyes move, lightning strikes and the pictures change, stuff like that.

As we approach the winding staircase. Instead of going up on a 45 degree angle, in this we will spin around a spiral staircase, marveling at their design and the scenery around it. You can hear the dog howling in the distance, as the doom buggy makes its way up to the endless hallway (this is one of the best illusions in all of WDW parks...so i'm keeping it verbatim.

Next we continue this action packed version of the haunted mansion, straight into the ballroom scene, as it will be described in the library that the reason you are here is for a swinging wake (riders who are informed of the backstory can assume it is George's wife's wake) -- so this way there is no need for leota to bring the spirits in for a wake first. However leota will have a role to play later on.

After the ballroom scene, you enter the game room, which based on the more elaborate backstory I say, will be the place where George was killed by his wife. While there won't be any morbidity or anything like that, the game room will have moving chess pieces by themselves, the piano playing in the background, and other ghostly illusions -- in particular George Bluebeard in the transition to his room.

In this room he calls upon Leota to bring his old wife here for a forgiveness of sorts. Inisde George's sprawling room, you hear the creeks on the floor of this old mansion, and go through his bedroom that is filled with dusty knickknacks.

You then transition into the seance room where Leota brings Lucretia from the other side into the Mansion, through her rhymes and riddles, you see Lucretia appear.

The next scene depicts the attic, which is even more dusty than George's room. In the attic there is an organ player who is playing Grim Grinning Ghosts, and you see Lucretia appear in ghost form next to your vehicle as you get tossed out the window.

You fall out of the window and into the graveyard where you can now see the ghosts (maybe that is because you are one?) and the graveyard and indoor cemetery scenes act as the climax of the attraction, before the hitch-hiking ghosts scene and the unload.

---------------------

Very rough draft -- and I'm still working out the kinks...if anyone has any suggestions please feel free. My only thing is I don't want the attic to graveyard transition -- as that feels too similar to the WDW original version. But I couldn't think of anything else at the moment and just wanted to get this out for now!

Thanks!

Brer Oswald

Instead of the foyer scene being the pre-show -- similar to Tower of Terror, I'd have it be in the Library (well stocked with priceless first editions)

I always want to look at the detail of the library on the ride, but never get the opportunity because you go by it so fast. If the library was the pre-show then you'd be able to walk around, maybe even interact with the environment too!

Next is the Foyer (except more grand than in the WDW version. This foyer will start the attraction off with a bang, and have several ghostly effects in it as well. The paintings where the eyes move, lightning strikes and the pictures change, stuff like that.

As we approach the winding staircase. Instead of going up on a 45 degree angle, in this we will spin around a spiral staircase, marveling at their design and the scenery around it. You can hear the dog howling in the distance, as the doom buggy makes its way up to the endless hallway (this is one of the best illusions in all of WDW parks...so i'm keeping it verbatim.

Next we continue this action packed version of the haunted mansion, straight into the ballroom scene, as it will be described in the library that the reason you are here is for a swinging wake (riders who are informed of the backstory can assume it is George's wife's wake) -- so this way there is no need for leota to bring the spirits in for a wake first. However leota will have a role to play later on.

After the ballroom scene, you enter the game room, which based on the more elaborate backstory I say, will be the place where George was killed by his wife. While there won't be any morbidity or anything like that, the game room will have moving chess pieces by themselves, the piano playing in the background, and other ghostly illusions -- in particular George Bluebeard in the transition to his room.

In this room he calls upon Leota to bring his old wife here for a forgiveness of sorts. Inisde George's sprawling room, you hear the creeks on the floor of this old mansion, and go through his bedroom that is filled with dusty knickknacks.

You then transition into the seance room where Leota brings Lucretia from the other side into the Mansion, through her rhymes and riddles, you see Lucretia appear.

The next scene depicts the attic, which is even more dusty than George's room. In the attic there is an organ player who is playing Grim Grinning Ghosts, and you see Lucretia appear in ghost form next to your vehicle as you get tossed out the window.

You fall out of the window and into the graveyard where you can now see the ghosts (maybe that is because you are one?) and the graveyard and indoor cemetery scenes act as the climax of the attraction, before the hitch-hiking ghosts scene and the unload.

---------------------

Very rough draft -- and I'm still working out the kinks...if anyone has any suggestions please feel free. My only thing is I don't want the attic to graveyard transition -- as that feels too similar to the WDW original version. But I couldn't think of anything else at the moment and just wanted to get this out for now!

Thanks!
I'm no Mansion expert, but from what I can tell, I think we have a winner on our hands! ;)

FigmentPigments

---------------------

Thanks!
Really nice work, Space! Great story and scene choices. I like the use of the Library as the entrance instead of the Foyer.

My one question (and I think this might have been a misunderstanding on my part), I thought this was going to be set in medieval times, not in the 1800s. I'm honestly okay with either, just a little confused about the time period.

How about instead of doing up into the attic we descend into the basement? Maybe we travel through the old stable, with old equipment swaying precariously overhead (I thought Paris wan't to do this, not sure :bookworm:), and we finally see the ghost horse that pulls the hearse from out front of the two mansions (maybe it can be George's prized horse???) which leads out into the town graveyard.

I also love the inspiration from the Winchester house :inlove: (fascinating place), maybe some secret passageways? :bookworm:

FigmentPigments

Rough Draft - The Haunted Mansion Story-line
latest

In 1875, George Bluebeard began construction on a sprawling mansion for his 7th wife, Lucretia. Featuring a plethora of eclectic rooms and a unique design, Bluebeard spent the next several years trying to build the perfect mansion for his perfect wife. Unfortunately for Bluebeard however, his situation took a turn for the worst.
haunted-mansion-interior.jpg

Picture of Lucretia

George had seven winsome wives, some of them were fat, some thin, but the seventh one did him in. George Bluebeard died in the mansion he built, and rumor has it at the hand of the woman he married he built it for. Lucretia took control of the mansion, but ever since she claimed her inheritance, she began experiencing ghostly appearances throughout the house and grounds.

The organ in the ballroom began to play on its own, doors would swing open, voices would cry out to her, and the clock never told the right time. She decided to bring in a seance in order to discover any ghosts in the mansion, and to possibly rid her of her daftly spirits. However, that just made matters worse.

The seance, named Leota, called on the spirits, wherever they're at, and George Bluebeard's mansion soon became a portal to 999 happy haunts from all around the world, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight. The spirit of George Bluebeard rose from the dead to haunt Lucretia, and drive her out of the mansion he built. Some say they can still hear her screams from the room in which she saw him. For the next few years, the mansion was known for its spiritual dwellings. Those who sought to dare venture inside were met with the ghouls within, touring the mansion at their own behalf and risk.

Now, your carriage approaches, to take you into the boundless realm of the supernatural.
I really like this, Space!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Really nice work, Space! Great story and scene choices. I like the use of the Library as the entrance instead of the Foyer.

My one question (and I think this might have been a misunderstanding on my part), I thought this was going to be set in medieval times, not in the 1800s. I'm honestly okay with either, just a little confused about the time period.

How about instead of doing up into the attic we descend into the basement? Maybe we travel through the old stable, with old equipment swaying precariously overhead (I thought Paris wan't to do this, not sure :bookworm:), and we finally see the ghost horse that pulls the hearse from out front of the two mansions (maybe it can be George's prized horse???) which leads out into the town graveyard.

I also love the inspiration from the Winchester house :inlove: (fascinating place), maybe some secret passageways? :bookworm:
Lol oops...I forgot my own rule on the timeline :hilarious:

I think I got sidetracked doing some research on the Winchester Mansion which was build in the late 1800s. We could switch the time period back to medieval -- I may have to change some things around inspiration wise though so it fits:bookworm:

I really love the basement idea!! And the secret passageway --- maybe that'll be the transition into the basement?

I remember in Winchester there is a "door to nowhere" -- in which you open it and it leads directly outside with no walkways. Maybe we can incorporate the basement after the seance scene and the secret passageways as the ending of hitch hiking ghosts before leaving the attraction?

FigmentPigments

Lol oops...I forgot my own rule on the timeline :hilarious:

I think I got sidetracked doing some research on the Winchester Mansion which was build in the late 1800s. We could switch the time period back to medieval -- I may have to change some things around inspiration wise though so it fits:bookworm:

I really love the basement idea!! And the secret passageway --- maybe that'll be the transition into the basement?

I remember in Winchester there is a "door to nowhere" -- in which you open it and it leads directly outside with no walkways. Maybe we can incorporate the basement after the seance scene and the secret passageways as the ending of hitch hiking ghosts before leaving the attraction?
No problem on the time line, either works for me honestly. If you're inspired more by the Winchester house then go for it.

The Winchester house is fascinating! There is so much intrigue there and I feel like this is an ideal inspiration for a Haunted Mansion.

. I always that it would be cool for the mansion to have a panel that slid open in an unexpected area and you travel through a secret passage; and with the Winchester House as a model, it's seems like a perfect fit.

I like these ideas, Space. There's a lot if references to the Haunted Mansion but enough here to separate it as it's own entity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom