Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

Daveeeeed

I think that's basically what's going to happen!

It'll be next to Fantasyland -- we just need a solid transition through maybe a forest or something:geek:
Alice in Wonderland could be that, but it would still be shaky. Maybe it could branch off with massive rockwork from the castle, and the ways to enter are through dungeons. That would also work with a London theme.

gonzoWDW

In a way it could! It would also make sense to have the villains take over the Haunted Mansion during the holiday.

What if the HM was at the foothills of Bald Mountain? And the surrounding dark forest area blended in with the scenery.

I really like this idea, since it blends with the current Fantasyland style and time period.

You pass through scattered medieval style buildings on the outskirts of town, and take a short walk through the fields/farms which feed the village to the cabin at the edge of the dark forest/woods. The wind rustles the branches on the autumnal trees, which only have a few leaves left to their name. A lone, worn footpath draws your eyes into the dark forest and up, to the seemingly quiet Bald Mountain.

Picture that at sunset, or on a dark night, where all you can see are the footpaths and building outlines, illuminated by the silvery glow of the moon - or at least lights that simulate a silvery glow. Throw in a Halloween villains overlay, and that's a really cool setting IMO. Definitely a darker Fantasyland.

Note - I keep picturing the Crones house (located right next to the woods) from the Witcher 3 as the cabin by the dark forest. Maybe a village witch can live there?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I really like this idea, since it blends with the current Fantasyland style and time period.

You pass through scattered medieval style buildings on the outskirts of town, and take a short walk through the fields/farms which feed the village to the cabin at the edge of the dark forest/woods. The wind rustles the branches on the autumnal trees, which only have a few leaves left to their name. A lone, worn footpath draws your eyes into the dark forest and up, to the seemingly quiet Bald Mountain.

Picture that at sunset, or on a dark night, where all you can see are the footpaths and building outlines, illuminated by the silvery glow of the moon - or at least lights that simulate a silvery glow. Throw in a Halloween villains overlay, and that's a really cool setting IMO. Definitely a darker Fantasyland.

Note - I keep picturing the Crones house (located right next to the woods) from the Witcher 3 as the cabin by the dark forest. Maybe a village witch can live there?
Awesome ideas! I really like this -- and yeah maybe the village witch can live out there in the dark forest - we can really get creative with this backstory!

MA Screamin'

Medieval Huanted Mansion, how about a lord with a castle who doesn't allow the great fairy malfecient to stay a night in the castle. So she curses him and his family to death an are forever stuck in the castle.

Could that be our Halloween overlay maybe? Love it, love it, love it the more I think about it... just stack it with Disney villains, like she unleashes all of her forces, or flesh it out where we need to have a new protagonists defeat just Maleficent?

FigmentPigments

Okay, everyone, how are we all feeling about this land? Does anyone have an opinion on a haunted mansion story: loose interpretation of Bluebeard or a take on the Haunting of Frodriver or something else entirely?

Also someone mentioned a hydrocoaster for Bald Mountain, anymore on that?:D

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Okay, everyone, how are we all feeling about this land? Does anyone have an opinion on a haunted mansion story: loose interpretation of Bluebeard or a take on the Haunting of Frodriver or something else entirely?

I like the direction of the HM storyline we have going -- if anyone has any more suggestions along those lines I'd be glad to hear them, but that's a good benchmark to go off of.

Personally I'd like to focus my attention to the HM and if others want to develop their ideas for the surrounding area be our guest (oh wait...wrong thread for that pun:p)

MA Screamin'

I favor the Haunting of Frodriver, and would love to write the script, and brainstorm further until then! You have any further thoughts on the plot?

And I looked up hydrocoaster and found hypercoaster. It's essentially a metal coaster that can invert but it's constructed around a wooden frame, so it feels rickety like a wooden coaster; I believe I rode one before at Six Flags New England and they would provide a beautiful base for great Bald Mountain theming! Maybe that's what was meant instead of hydrocoaster? I'd love to see a true meld of water ride and roller coaster tho if that's what was meant :eek:

FigmentPigments

I favor the Haunting of Frodriver, and would love to write the script, and brainstorm further until then! You have any further thoughts on the plot?

And I looked up hydrocoaster and found hypercoaster. It's essentially a metal coaster that can invert but it's constructed around a wooden frame, so it feels rickety like a wooden coaster; I believe I rode one before at Six Flags New England and they would provide a beautiful base for great Bald Mountain theming! Maybe that's what was meant instead of hydrocoaster? I'd love to see a true meld of water ride and roller coaster tho if that's what was meant :eek:
@orlando678- mentioned a hydrocoaster above and I hope that's what was meant. That would be so cool to see! :inlove:

FigmentPigments

I like the direction of the HM storyline we have going -- if anyone has any more suggestions along those lines I'd be glad to hear them, but that's a good benchmark to go off of.

Personally I'd like to focus my attention to the HM and if others want to develop their ideas for the surrounding area be our guest (oh wait...wrong thread for that pun:p)
Cool!
Is @MonorailRed working with you on this too?

FigmentPigments

Okay, so we have an idea for Haunted Mansion, Elephant Graveyard Restaurant, hydro/hyper (???) Coaster for Bald Mountain.

I think there was also a mention of a Museum of the Wierd, a villains themed meet and greet...any other ideas guys?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom