1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by spacemt354, Mar 8, 2017.

1. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's Original Poster

By all means go ahead - Bald Mountain is on the completed map here if you want to see where it is within the Park
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

2. rawisericho

rawisericho Active Member

Okay, sorry this took a while. Crazy at work. Here is my description for the Cruella de Ville racer, let me know what you all think.

Boulevard de Cruella

Queue:

The queue can be situated near the Bavarian village portion at the base of Bald Mountain. This can bring us to the back alleys of the English village and alleyways that comprise our line. Throughout the queue we we see illuminated eyes of the Dalmatians in the darkness. We also hear the voices of Horace and Jasper. We finally come to a load in, which is in a dank garage.

Ride Through:

We begin the ride in our moving van, we have two rows with three seats apiece. We are seated in the freight portion of the moving van. In the front seat is an animatronic driver we can barely see, behind us we have dressers, which as the van twists and turns, reveals Pongo and Perdy's pups! The windows of the van and large and make for easy viewing to the outside (think the windows in Skull Island trams). We begin our journey heading out of the garage and down through the back alleys of the English town. Eventually we curve out into the streets. Sight lines are such that we can't see Bald Mountain or anything outside the town as most of the buildings and hills are too high for us to see over. After heading through a show scene where we see Horace and Jasper starting up their car, we head down the rural highway, adding speed as we go. The interesting thing about the track is that there are two sides your van can go on. They're structurally similar (think Mr. Toad) with some minor differences. As we head out an animatronic Cruella bursts out from the bushes in her roadster, the ride speeds up as Cruella pursues us. The trackless nature of the ride keeps us guessing from where we're heading as Cruella moves from one side to the other. Eventually she goes off the side of the road and we think we're in the clear. Our van slows down and we head around a bend. As we turn through it the classic, disheveled Cruella bursts out and a high speed chase ensues. The speed won't be as fast as Test Track but the scenery will make it seem so. The climax is Cruella's roadster driving off a ravine. In our final scene we pass by Cruella and the remains of her car.

3. rawisericho

Also I had a thought on a shop. My first thought was a boutique styled like Cruella. Furs on the wall, high fashion items, very white and clean. My concern with that would be how can we theme it so the high fashion style doesn't clash with the rest of Shadowlands? Also, after Cruella is defeated should we end in her boutique or would ending up in Roger's flat be more appropriate?

Thoughts?

4. spacemt354

Sorry for the delayed response, but could the boutique shop be part of the queue? That would eliminate the fact that she's defeated at the end but you still walk through her shop. It would also set up her role as a villain prominently in the queue.

5. rawisericho

That's a good idea. So we should end up in Roger's flat with the gift shop there?

6. spacemt354

Yeah I think that would work!

7. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the set up for GotG: Mission Breakout, but it ends in the gift shop- er, the Collector's Collection being sold by employees. Something similar could be done with Cruella.

8. spacemt354

Oh - actually that could work as well! And like the Collector, Cruella is still alive afterwards so it wouldn't be completely out of focus.

9. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Well-Known Member

A "going out of business, everything must go" sale, if you will. Prices could be "marked down" to something seemingly cheap (not really marked down at all, but it would look like it)

10. spacemt354

Great idea!:D

11. Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher Well-Known Member

Quick question, I was looking at the map and noticed something that I had never seen before, what is the small garden labeled, "Ave Maria"?

spacemt354 and S.P.E.W like this.
  12. spacemt354

There was some talk about adding more asethetic walk-through areas around the castle (similar to the Snow White wishing well in Disneyland)

So to go with the theme of Fantasia -- we added in an Ave Maria grotto area based on the sequence from the film -- here's an image of it drawn by @MonorailRed :)[​IMG]

S.P.E.W likes this.