1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by spacemt354, Mar 8, 2017.

1. tcool123

tcool123 Well-Known Member

A swinging boat ride where you're trying to impale a giant Ursula?

[​IMG]

StevenU and S.P.E.W like this.
  2. MonorailRed

MonorailRed Applebees

Hmmm.... to combine both ideas and to stay original.... we could maybe do a classic water-drop style attraction themed to the Litter Mermaid in the style of Scary adventures?

[​IMG]

Instead of Monstro in the picture, it could be a giant Ursula, like Tcool mentioned.... You could be sent to save the ocean by Eric or King Triton...... We could definitely hide a show building and mask it well with giant tentacles.... Before entering to the finale scene after the drop, You could see Prince Eric's ship heading for Ursula, to symbolize the "impalement" - Maybe have the ride half the height of Splash? o_O

StevenU, spacemt354 and S.P.E.W like this.
  3. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's Original Poster

[​IMG]

If you haven't checked the main thread @David2319 @Disney Dad 3000 -- I tried to combine everything into one park (this isn't final though...we are still editing it)

I wanted this to focus on Villains Land and its transition into Tomorrowland.

Last I heard - @FigmentPigments (hope you're feeling better) is working on Ratigan's and Big Hero 6. To transition into Tomorrowland I think Big Hero 6 (focused on Villains) and Buzz vs Zurg attraction would be good. As for Villains Land proper...Villains Academy should take care of all the villains...as a few people mentioned...Villains Land with varied characters everywhere was becoming disorganized.

This is the condensed version.

We still have the Nightmare Before Christmas Table Service...and I do still have an Elephant Graveyard walkthrough area. Lastly we have the railroad and in the back corner is Bald Mountain.

There are also some shops around Villains Land as some Villains try to make a name for themselves -- Dr. Facilier's Voodoo Shop (we have art for it) and Yzma's Potion shop are among the small, quaint shops around the academy.

If you have any thoughts/opinions on this please chime in!

4. FigmentPigments

FigmentPigments Well-Known Member

Figment is working on ratigan and big hero 6 with the tech center? leading to tomorrowland.

5. spacemt354

Awesome!:)
    [​IMG]
    The location got shifted around a bit -- but her BIg Hero 6 ride is still there transitioning to Tomorrowland!

6. Angels and Disney's

Angels and Disney's Well-Known Member

If you need someone to work on the Elephant Graveyard, I could do that in a few weeks.

7. spacemt354

That would be great! Thank you!

StevenU, S.P.E.W and MonorailRed like this.
  8. spacemt354

@orlando678- and @gonzoWDW -- just wondering if you had any more thoughts on Bald Mountain? I know gonzo has the queue set up but I didn't know if orlando or anyone had specifics on the ride scenes (or if it's a coaster, at least the path of the coaster)

And if you need any help I'd be glad to!:)

9. orlando678-

orlando678- Well-Known Member

Well all I have is that it would be cool if Yen Sid sends us to Bald Mountain and shoots our vehicles to Bald Mountain with some sort of canon similar to the space mountain dlp catapult. Also, it would be cool to have it wrap around the mountain in a similar way to the once planned Fire Mountain and move similarly to Phantasialand's Taron. We could have a show scene inside the mountain where the vehicle and track is lifted and passes by fire, minions and eventually the gigantic AA of chernabog before we get launched one more time and eventually land in the lagoon ( the hydrocoaster aspect)

10. spacemt354

Sounds fun!

I will try to get a concept art piece up for you -- if in the meantime anyone has additional ideas they can by all means throw them out! I made a rough verison of Bald Mountain a long time ago -- I don't know if it helps but here it is.

Bald Mountain
    [​IMG]
    Based on the classic segment from Fantasia, Night on Bald Mountain, guests will embark on a thrilling roller coaster type ride through the caverns of the mountain ruled by Chernabog as you zoom in an out in the desolate landscape.

Queue
    The queue begins in the Bavarian town at the base of the mountain and progresses into one of the quaint buildings as you gaze at artwork done by some of the best painters of the age as they try to illustrate the majesty of Bald Mountain while paying respect to Chernabog so he doesn't destroy the town once the sun sets. You then trek further out towards the mountain's base where you board a soul carriage (a 5 car train) towards the top of the mountain guided by Chernabog's souls to pay respect.

Ride-Through
    From the station carved into the mountain's base you enter the mountain and go up a steady lift hill. To your left you see caverns and flames erupting from the floor and to your right you see souls riding skeleton horses pushing you up the mountain. Your train reaches the 120 ft peak, and still inside the mountain...sees the eyes of Chernabog in front of you and darts down and to the right. You go through a hairpin turn and in pitch blackness, hear his roar, and turn again to the right as projections of the souls surround you. You approach more flames and the train flies up and over a hump, turning to the left in the process. After a few more moments at speeds up to 45 mph, you see the giant AA Chernabog in front of you as your vehicle comes to a stop
    [​IMG]
    You dart out of the mountain down a 40 ft drop in the dark and careen out into the landscape before making your return trip back to the village.

StevenU, D Hindley, S.P.E.W and 3 others like this.
  11. MonorailRed

MonorailRed Applebees

Great start! We can totally work with this!:D

12. spacemt354

Yes! I'll try to have that concept art for you by tomorrow @orlando678- based on your descriptions

13. spacemt354

@orlando678- in case it gets lost in the main thread. Here you go!:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. rawisericho

rawisericho Active Member

So if I have an attraction idea for Villains Land can I just propose it here?

StevenU, S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  15. spacemt354

Absolutely -- Go right ahead!

StevenU and S.P.E.W like this.
  16. rawisericho

rawisericho Active Member

Alrighty, I don't have the complete description up as it's been a busier day at work but the attraction is called Boulevard de Cruella and focuses on the moving van car chase from 101 Dalmatian. It'd be similar to Test Track/Radiator Springs Racers but with trackless vehicles. Cruella would chase you along the countryside culminating in her car hurtling off the side of the road into a ravine.

D Hindley, StevenU, S.P.E.W and 2 others like this.
  17. spacemt354

Ah nice idea! I think that could fit somewhere in Villains Land. :)

StevenU, S.P.E.W and MonorailRed like this.
  18. Disney Dad 3000

Disney Dad 3000 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the imagineering forums!
    I'm a big 101 dalmatians fan. I'd kicked around the idea of working on a two track ride like Mr Toad with her roadster and the moving van, but never got around to it. Very interested to see what you come up with.
    If I ever get around to finish villains academy I was going to use cruella/horace/jasper in the ride plot, but if you can pull off something cool with them, I'll happily scrap that to avoid the overlap.

D Hindley, StevenU, S.P.E.W and 3 others like this.
  19. Disney Dad 3000

Disney Dad 3000 Well-Known Member

Posting this here though I know some of this was discussed in main thread.
    Like the idea of not just using Villains Land name. Valley of Villains, or one of the others suggested. I'm sure there is something simple and a good fit out there.
    Or for something totally random and homage to Walt, d'Isigny Mal.

Also, will have to scan the restaurant list, but what about making one of them a character breakfast of some sort? Would be a huge draw, and with this section more towards the back of the park woukd get at least sone crowd out of the entrance.

StevenU, S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  20. orlando678-

orlando678- Well-Known Member

I feel like Bald Valley or Shadowlands or Shadow Valley could work because in The Night on Bald Mountain, the Bald Village is home to innocent civilians too which arent necessarily villains.

StevenU, S.P.E.W, spacemt354 and 2 others like this.