Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

Disney Dad 3000

Villains Academy is @Disney Dad 3000 's attraction - I think that's pretty much complete sans pictures/formatting. It's posted a few pages ago:bookworm:

Sorry for the delay. Still a fair amount of work to do on it, and just haven't been able to sit down and fully flesh it out over the last week. Would want to work on the scene descriptions, some pics, maybe a couple of drawings, etc. If we think it's not fitting the overall vibe of the land, not a problem. Will be happy to steer towards something else in the land.

Nice drawing btw David!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Sorry for the delay. Still a fair amount of work to do on it, and just haven't been able to sit down and fully flesh it out over the last week. Would want to work on the scene descriptions, some pics, maybe a couple of drawings, etc. If we think it's not fitting the overall vibe of the land, not a problem. Will be happy to steer towards something else in the land.

Nice drawing btw David!
Bit late responding to this -- but don't worry take your time.

We are cranking out the Fantasyland proper as of late, and since this was one of the components that we actually have a lot of content for already, we can go with the flow and take our time through the last portions of it!

Disney Dad 3000

Bit late responding to this -- but don't worry take your time.

We are cranking out the Fantasyland proper as of late, and since this was one of the components that we actually have a lot of content for already, we can go with the flow and take our time through the last portions of it!

Had to fly out of town to visit an ailing grandfather, so will have some down time sitting around with no work. Would like to catch up some on the FL work as well if I can give any input.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
8999277673541025899%253Faccount_id%253D9

So I'm actually having trouble with this land placement on a closer look.

It seems like a jarring difference between Bald Mountain and World's Fair.

Could it be possible to move this land after Alice in Wonderland on the Right hand side (and up a bit) of this map?
7615291583854516964%253Faccount_id%253D9

Then Villains Land is a dead end (maybe a train stop?). You can walk down and transition into Discoveryland, Tomorrowland, and World's Fair -- where you can then wrap around back to Main Street.

Thoughts?

FigmentPigments

8999277673541025899%253Faccount_id%253D9

So I'm actually having trouble with this land placement on a closer look.

It seems like a jarring difference between Bald Mountain and World's Fair.

Could it be possible to move this land after Alice in Wonderland on the Right hand side (and up a bit) of this map?
7615291583854516964%253Faccount_id%253D9

Then Villains Land is a dead end (maybe a train stop?). You can walk down and transition into Discoveryland, Tomorrowland, and World's Fair -- where you can then wrap around back to Main Street.

Thoughts?
I was working on a way to connect the Flight of the Phoenix to Villains Land. We can scrap that if you want because I agree that Bald Mountain next to Main Street seems like an odd placement. :confused:

Side note, I think I read somewhere that we were thinking of combining the facade of Bald Mountain with another mountain (looks like Bald Mountain in the front and something different in the back). Will that affect that idea line of thought?:bookworm:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I was working on a way to connect the Flight of the Phoenix to Villains Land. We can scrap that if you want because I agree that Bald Mountain next to Main Street seems like an odd placement. :confused:

Side note, I think I read somewhere that we were thinking of combining the facade of Bald Mountain with another mountain (looks like Bald Mountain in the front and something different in the back). Will that affect that idea line of thought?:bookworm:
I'm good with keeping it like that -- it sounded good at first but as I sat down with it, I was unsure.

I'm more concerned with the transition to World's Fair...so if someone has a better idea I'm all ears:bookworm:

FigmentPigments

I'm good with keeping it like that -- it sounded good at first but as I sat down with it, I was unsure.

I'm more concerned with the transition to World's Fair...so if someone has a better idea I'm all ears:bookworm:
Could the Villains Land not be accessible except through Fantasayland? For example (and maybe I'm confused) but if people go up Main Street and make a right into Worlds's Fair then continue around counter clockwise to Tomorrowland and then into Discoveryland which dumps into Fantasyland. From Fatasyland, guests can enter through to the Villains land.

It would kind of remind me of Toontown. you could only access it through certain areas and it didn't back up into another part of the park.

Thoughts???

Corey

What if instead of Bald Mountain, you had the rocks in Monument Valley off to the side of Main Street. Since Main Street U.S.A. could be in any city/town, you might have it set in a western town in Arizona, etc.? Flight of the Phoenix, if I am thinking of the same movie as you, could be set in a crashed airplane in the desert. The dry and barren location of Monument Valley could be a good location for outlaws/villains. It would definitely be a contrast with Fantasia Gardens or Fantasyland and its storybook castle and land. I couldn't find a public domain picture of Monument Valley, so I will be post the link to Wikipedia where there are some great examples. While Monument Valley might fit well in Frontierland, perhaps Big Thunder Mountain Railroad needs to be the only desert inspired feature, while other aspects could be the Mississippi, Yellowstone, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monument_Valley

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Could the Villains Land not be accessible except through Fantasayland? For example (and maybe I'm confused) but if people go up Main Street and make a right into Worlds's Fair then continue around counter clockwise to Tomorrowland and then into Discoveryland which dumps into Fantasyland. From Fatasyland, guests can enter through to the Villains land.

It would kind of remind me of Toontown. you could only access it through certain areas and it didn't back up into another part of the park.

Thoughts???
I should have probably linked this last night but this was the general overview (land unknown is now the American Wharf)
33090186763_f984a2b4e2_b.jpg

Maybe we just cut off Villains Land? Not have it go into World's Fair.

FigmentPigments

We could always instead have it transition into Tomorrowland and have Zurg/Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin be the transition.
I like that better. Just cut it off from World's Fair and transition it like that.

Otherwise I was going to suggest that we use Yokai and some other baddies from Big Hero 6 to transition from the dark corners of San Fransokyo (in Villains Land) to the San Fransokyo Tech Center in the Worlds Fair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom