1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by spacemt354, Mar 8, 2017.

1. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's Original Poster

You described them really well! A picture would only be to add the icing on top! While a lot of projects use images found online, I've always felt that when we have custom images (no matter how bad or good they are) it gives an extra umph of realism that makes it feel like actual imagineering and that this is an actual concept!

MonorailRed and S.P.E.W like this.
  2. MonorailRed

MonorailRed Applebees

Fantastic gonzo!!:happy:

3. spacemt354

btw part 2 of this will be up tomorrow. Our St. Pattys Day dinner ran later than expected and I don't want to rush the ride just to get it up tonight:bookworm: Night everyone!

StevenU and S.P.E.W like this.
  4. StevenU

StevenU Well-Known Member

This is awesome!

S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  5. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

Good condition, but eerie with the bricks being darker too -- not by being dirty, but by it being creepy. If we try to mimic the looks of the current Mansion worldwide it will stick out like a sore thumb in the land.

6. spacemt354

So are you going for more of a Phantom Manor look?

David2319 and S.P.E.W like this.
  7. spacemt354

Part 2 - The Attraction
    (drawn images will come later)

As your doom buggy pulls away from the loading station, the booming ghost host returns
    "Do not pull down on the safety bar please, I will lower it for you. And heed this warning, the spirits will materialize only if you remain quietly seated at all times. Oh...and no flash pictures please, we spirits are frightfully sensitive to bright lights."
    [​IMG]
    The errie Haunted Mansion theme is played over an organ (dissimilar from past editions of the attraction) and the dog howl can be heard from the outside. The out of tune and ghostly organ sounds continue as you ride into the extravagant foyer. In the foyer is a wide canvas of several prominent medieval soldiers lined up for battle. As you ride underneath the painting, it comes to life with ghosts on each side firing at one another. The organ music picks up once more and you look around to see the entire foyer covered in cobwebs and knickknacks.

The dog howls once more and lightning/thunder can be heard outside, as the rain pours down. The Ghost host comes back on

"Our foyer is the prominent entrance of this ghostly retreat. Systemically invested with collections from the ages, it is a marvel of historical value here at the welcoming Haunted Mansion"

Wind howls outside as you look out the large window to the right side of the doom buggy, the effect of rain sweeping the side of the window is prominent, with lightning flashes as you ride past, and the trees blowing in the wind.

"Our Mansion is home to 999 happy haunts, but there's room for 1,000 -- any volunteers? hahaha"
    [​IMG]
    The doom buggies then begin an ascent up the marble staircase and to the 2nd floor of the mansion. The staircase spirals around and so does your vehicle, giving a different perspective on the foyer and the rooms to come. As you ascend up the stairway, other doors to nowhere appear as secret passageways. The organ music changes to a more errie piano edition of the music being played.

"The Mansion is home to all sorts of surprises and suspense, you'll never know what you'll see...and you might never know where you're going" The ghost host chuckles as you take a secret passageway, gazing down an endless hallway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Down the hallway you see a 3 pronged candle floating in the distance, with doors on both sides of the hallway knocking, opening and closing, as ghosts try to push themselves out of the rooms. A ticking clock stuck on 13 continues to spin as you sail past it in your doom buggies.

"The happy haunts have materialized for a swinging wake, and they'll be expecting me. I'll see you all a little later" exclaims the ghost host -- as the doom buggies sail out onto a balcony over a grand ballroom.
    [​IMG]
    The ballroom has dozens of ghosts and details lined up in it. Starting from right to left as you sail past it, the first thing you see on the far right side is a massive fireplace with a "ghost fire" going and a ghost tending to the logs, putting more on the fire. Next to him, you see a variety of ghosts dancing with each other on the dance floor to the organ music which plays the original tune at a more quick pace, tending to the more joyful side of the tune. With the dancing ghosts spinning around, you then see two ghosts sitting in large windbreaker chairs having a brandy and a conversation with one another. Continuing, you see two knights having a sword duel with one another, practicing their marksmanship (a bit close to the dancers I might add)

In the middle of the ballroom is a massive dining table with tons of food scattered all around. Plates for appetizers, dinner, and dessert are available at every seat, and once seat is arranged as a hidden mickey of the plate set. As you continue to move left through the ballroom you gaze up at the paintings on the wall and two ghosts swinging from the chandelier above. A few violinists are seen next to a large organ playing the ghostly tune.

The doom buggies then circle around the ballroom (something that hasn't been done before in the HM) where you see the backside of the organ, and ghostly puffs of air coming out of the pipes. This acts as a transition into the next scene which is the upstairs "game room"
    [​IMG]
    Inside there is a billiards table as well as darts, along with a seating area, and a variety of memorabilia. The pool cue and balls move by themselves across the table and darts throw themselves. This area is new to the Haunted Mansion and would show an area of an old home that we haven't seen before. It is also the introduction of sorts to the main plot running through the mansion that George Bluebeard resides in the mansion after his 7th wife did him in. It can be inferred that the "swinging wake" is for his 7th wife entering into the mansion and George is upstairs playing games with his friends, possibly avoiding the party altogether.
    [​IMG]
    As you enter into the next room, you hear a beating heart and enter George Bluebeard's bedroom. A creepy version of here comes the bride is played as George Bluebeard's bedroom shows him with boxes and merchandise all over his bedroom as he hasn't had the chance to unpack or anything. Surrounding the bedroom are items that can be inferred to belong to Lucretia, his 7th wife.

In the next room you can hear a woman speaking, and as you enter a large seance room, a floating magical ball head, named Leota, is trying to summon spirits from the other side.
    [​IMG]
    Creepies and crawlies, toads from a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

She continues on as you see ghosts appearing from the other side through the floorboard, some popping up right in front of your vehicles. The last ghost (inferred to be Lucretia) turns your doom buggies backwards and sends you through a secret passageway all the way down to the basement.
    [​IMG]
    Your doom buggies "fall" down the secret passageway's stairs and tumble into the basement, which is the dirtiest and worst room of all. You soon realize that it is a morgue and is the start of the graveyard that is planted out back. Some of the tombs are open and you ride through the open crack in the door outside into the graveyard, where the ghosts seem more alive...maybe because you have passed?

The creepy music becomes more gleeful and the ghosts begin singing around you.
    [​IMG]

When the crypt doors creak
    And the tombstones quake
    Spooks come out for a singing wake
    Happy haunts materialize
    And begin to vocalize
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize

Now don't close your eyes
    And don't try to hide
    Or a silly spook may sit by your side
    Shrouded in a daft disguise
    They pretend to terrorize

As the moon climbs high o'er dead oak tree
    Spooks arrive for the midnight spree
    Creepy creeps with eerie eyes
    Start to shriek and harmonize
    Grim grinning ghosts come out socialize

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell
    Weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restles bones etherealize
    Rise as spooks of every size

Grim grinning ghosts come out
    Grim grinning ghosts come out
    To socialize

[​IMG]

All around the graveyard, a variety of ghosts in all different shapes and styles sing in harmony. Some of them are in dancing around in the background. Dead oak trees are swaying in the distance, tombstones move around, and marble busts themed to prominent imagineers on the attraction. The attraction concludes with hitchhiking ghosts and the classic "ghost will follow you home" segment.
    [​IMG]

As you leave, little Leota tells you to "hurry back - be sure to bring your death certificate"

--------------------------------

Going to add a bit more to the ending because I have to leave now -- but let me know what you think!​

8. David2319

Amazing! I love the addition of the bedroom and foyer especially!

StevenU, spacemt354 and S.P.E.W like this.
  9. spacemt354

Thanks David!

StevenU and David2319 like this.
  10. David2319

So... can we extend this until Monday as I can't really do anything until this weekend.
    And just to make sure... am I just doing Villians tonight?
    I would love to design the exterior to the hypercoaster or hydro coaster (whatever we end up doing).

11. spacemt354

You can do whatever you want haha -- if you want to design the exterior to the coaster -- go for it!

And yeah, there really is no "due date" for this -- just tentative goals to keep us on track.

StevenU, orlando678-, S.P.E.W and 2 others like this.
  12. StevenU

StevenU Well-Known Member

This is so good! Like the small changes but staying faithful to the ride.

S.P.E.W, spacemt354 and orlando678- like this.
  13. spacemt354

Thanks Steven! Haunted Mansion is one of my favorite attractions, so it's tough adjusting it but my main goal was to change up the pace and the scenery a bit to evolve more towards the other features in a house (like a bedroom and game room)

David2319, orlando678- and S.P.E.W like this.
  14. David2319

I have a really cool idea for the land's layout... I'll tell you guys more later, but for now what do you guys think of putting it on the right side of the park?

gonzoWDW, spacemt354 and S.P.E.W like this.
  15. spacemt354

That sounds all "right";)

S.P.E.W, David2319 and gonzoWDW like this.
  16. gonzoWDW

gonzoWDW Well-Known Member

As long as nothing gets left behind, it sounds like you're on the right track

spacemt354 and S.P.E.W like this.
  17. David2319

I don't know how I missed this post, but this is pretty much how I've been thinking of this land in the design.

18. David2319

IMG_6488.JPG
    Obviously not to scale -- this is just a way for me to jot down ideas quickly. Also pardon areas like the hub looking bad, I mainly just put it there to give a distance relation for the Villains land, and looking at it, it would actually end up closer to the middle of the hub. I wonder what could connect that and Fantasyland though... maybe Adventureland? And then have Peter Pan on the edge of Fantasyland there?
    So a few key points here:
    • Main Street becomes multiple streets, from Hollywood to New York City. Instead of just focusing on one style it will focus on a few American 1,800's architecture styles
    • Have Villains Tonight! Be between New York and the Villian's land. It would serve as a good transition. For instance, at Disneyland Paris, Peter Pan is at the edge of Fantasyland, and Skull Rock is right there in Adventure land as with pirates, so it could be themed as it's a normal night club sort of even though its theming technically relates to the land next to it. Trust me it works IRL.
    • Sight lines are a huge part of making this land feel creepy... From one entrance you have a straight shot of the Hydro Coaster's drop (I'm thinking having a Skull up there), and the lower land's entrance views it as angled right when you go through/past some rocks. It will have that reveal moment like Hogwart's at IOA.
    • A hotel that makes the Main Street area much taller by having hotels in them -- bring the cost down significantly as it will be made to gain profits. Not only would this be a perfect way for Disney to make instant cash, but there are a ton of people who would love this. And if we decide to place this park in a major city it would conserve space:p.
    • Arcade walkways like at Disneyland Paris except mainly to help crowd control vs. weather. This will allow Main Street (or whatever it ends up being called) to not have to be super wide like Mickey Avenue over at Shanghai.
    What are you guys' thoughts? Questions?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017 at 5:21 PM
    StevenU, S.P.E.W, orlando678- and 2 others like this.
  19. David2319

In terms of different Main Street streets what about these 4?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thoughts on Parisian?
    [​IMG]

StevenU, S.P.E.W, orlando678- and 2 others like this.
  20. gonzoWDW

gonzoWDW Well-Known Member

I like it! Love the sketch.

Maybe have the drop come from Chernabog's furled wings? Or his face, to stick with the skull idea

StevenU, spacemt354, S.P.E.W and 2 others like this.