Club 32 - Sydney Disneyland Cumulative Rough Draft 4/25/17

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Critter Country
Backstory/Overview/Map

Possible Backstory Inspiration

There was a brisk wind on a fall morning of 1883 on the front steps of the Ryder residence in Silver Creek Springs, WY. The Ryders moved west from their original home in Athens, Georgia, after their first home was flooded in a storm, and news of the gold rush sent them west. They wound up in Silver Creek Springs though when they found a fertile patch of land for their corn business, and settled down in the area ever since.

Hank Ryder, an ambitious 17 year old teenager, was an aspiring sailor and explorer who is cooped up in his family business of farming. Despite his respect for his family's profession, Hank wanted to reach beyond the farmland that he grew up on. Reading the Silver Creek Press every morning, and learning about all the new discoveries of the age such as the construction of the Wilderness Lodge, and the Western Gold Mining ghost stories of Thunder Mountain, Hank wanted to break away and have an adventure of his own.

Hank's parents were caring, loving parents, yet after a few weeks into his final year of home schooling, Hank felt that he was ready for the true test of life. His father, a self-made man who valued the family business and staying within the family, denounced Hank's aspirations telling him that the world is a dangerous place, and he is better staying on the farm. Hank's mother was a little more flexible on the issue, encouraging her son to become his own man, but at the same time trying to tell him that his parents will be there for him. In the Ryder household, Hank also had an anthropomorphic pet otter, who when he would hold conversations with his pet, would be referred to as Brer Otter.

One evening, Hank and Brer Otter were talking about running away from home for good, with his companion Brer Otter trying to tell his friend that he should stay home and honor his parents' wishes. He references a story he has heard about Brer Rabbit back in Georgia, who wanted to run away from home, but ended up getting into a lot of trouble. Hank decides to disregard his wishes and he sneaks out at midnight along with Brer Otter, coming along on the journey to make sure nothing happens to his friend.

Walking to the dock in the town by the river, Hank unties his boat and sets sail down the river in the middle of the night up to Smith River in Montana. The moonlight shines over the two friends, guiding the boat into the light. During the night though, the cool breeze turns into rain, and the rain begins to disrupt the rapids of the river. His boat begins to swerve around the river and ends up taking a fork in the river that he didn't intend. The fork then sends Hank and Brer Otter down "Wallopin' Falls" a rough rapid section of the river that ends by sending them down a 35 foot drop into the calmer water below. Hank seems to regret this adventure as now they are very far off course, and tries to set sail back home. Yet, he realizes that his ship sails are damaged and ends up stopping in the town of Tumbleweed in Utah for repairs.

When he arrives in Tumbleweed, the town is abandoned, but he finds someone who gives him the necessary supplies for his continued journey. As he is leaving, he hears the rumblings of a runaway mine train roaring through the mountain. Trying to sail back home, Brer Otter tells him that his parents care for his safety and they want to see him be happy. Hank seemingly begins to realize that Brer Otter is right, until a small blue bird appears next to them on a tree branch.

"Mr Brer Otter, sir, your family in Georgia has been missing you, and they wanted me to come find you and tell you" Mr. Blue Bird said.

"I miss them too" Brer Otter responded. "Maybe after Hank goes home I can make a journey there"

Mr. Blue Bird replied "I visited your homestead in Silver Creek Springs, and Hank's parents told both of you to go and have your adventure. You've grown up, they love you, just be safe"

"They are the best, Brer" Hank said "C'mon, let's go find your family!" And with that, Brer Otter agreed happily, and the two set off to the east, first catching the Colorado River.

Along the Colorado River, they sailed past large boulders, mountains, and canyons, and meeting up with some critters in the region such as Porky Pine, who toured them through the colorful canyons of Nature's Wonderland. In the area, locals could be seen sliding down the slopping crevasses in the canyon, into the water below. Hank wanted to try Shootin' Falls, which almost like a cannon, shot you out at fast speeds, by picking up the dammed portion of the river that was being re-routed. After their magnificent tour of the canyons, they re-boarded their raft and continued down the Colorado River, before picking up the Red River, and approaching Platte's Fate, a large waterfall off the cliffs, with a twisting finish in the dark.

Picking up the Red River, Hank and Brer Otter sailed to the Red River Bayou, a local hang out spot where they got to know critters such as The Ol' Gator, who told them the story of when he caught two rascals named Brer Fox and Brer Bear. The Gator warns Hank and Brer Otter to stay out of trouble, and points them in the direction of the Mississippi River, which the two friends cross to reach other rivers that bring them to Georgia.

Eventually, they reach the Briar Patch, and Brer Otter reunites with his family. Hank Ryder sends Mr. Blue Bird a postcard from the Laughin' Place to give to his parents in Silver Creek Springs. The friends have finished their adventure and end by singing and having a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah day.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Adventureland
Backstory/Overview/Map
13006729_1337582502923912_4219004424970676370_n.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Adventureland
Attractions

ENCHANTED TIKI WORLD
Tiki Room dark ride

(Reimagining the Enchanted Tiki Room from an AA show into a trackless dark ride, while maintaining the original's charm. A fairly tentative brainstorming effort.)

img_2246-jpg.200336

From the outside, it seems like the classic Tiki Room. A thatched Hawaiian "Tiki Temple" sits beyond the tiki gardens, full of gentle flowing streams. The barker parrot from Disneyland's first few months is reintroduced to draw guests in. They queue past interactive Tangaroa & Friends idols, pulsing into the hut. Guests inside sit in the "theater-in-the-round" setting, in one of four seating sections facing the center, with sleeping animatronic birds above - the same setup as usual. It's all actually a little disappointing so far, since this room only features the central four (Jose, Pierre, Fritz, and Michael). No other animatronics.

Jose et al start their standard show at a cast member's beckoning. After their usual opening dialogue, the "Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" song begins...and the four seat sections move - each is a trackless vehicle like Tokyo's higher-capacity Beauty & the Beast variety. (This reveal - it's not a show, it's a ride - is meant to be a pleasant show-stopping surprise.) Cars reverse through what was once a wall, and into the larger interior of the Tiki Temple, built into the side of an ocean cliff. It is here where we reveal the massive cast of singing AA birds in a tropical longhouse setting, complete with Adventurer Club details, plus fun elements like a "living" ship in a bottle, lava lamps, bubbling mai tais, etc.

img_2245-jpg.200337

(Groups of cars will head out into the ride roughly every minute. I picture we would use two separate theater rooms for the start, so one is loading while the other is performing. Timing should be leisurely, allowing guests enough time in each room to enjoy the songs at an appropriate pace. If each car holds 8 (2 rows of 4), and 4 go out at once, hourly capacity should be 1,920.)

Show scenes become dark ride set pieces. The "glee club" chorus of white cockatiels is set on a spinning Bubsy Berkeley fountain stage (in a room full of aquariums and mermaids) around which cars circle. Cockatiels sing "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing." All throughout the ride, Jose and pals appear, singing and emceeing. Cars spin and they dance tracklessly with the music.

Cars exit the Tiki Temple into the enchanted nighttime jungle, teeming with all manner of exotic bird species. (Easter egg: Up's Kevin). The birds give a Hawaiian luau performance around a fire pit, joined in by animatronic suckling pigs on the serving platters and animatronic fish hooked on lines. Also little animated "dancing hula girl" figurines.

img_2247-jpg.200338

Past tiki torches and past waves crashing on the sandy shoreline. The scent of saltwater. Living, singing orchids and birds-of-paradise perform "The Hula Song." Past palm trees carved into idols. Waterways from the inland pineapple plantations sparkle and dance with Bellagio-style fountain effects.

Through a giant Moai's mouth (Easter Island head). Alongside warm glowing lava flows, where crude tiki statues and Moai all sing the "Hawaiian War Chant." A few statues surf the lava. Ritualistic drumming and dancing! Crescendo! The distant volcano erupts (screen effect). Michael: "The gods have been angered by all our celebratin'."

img_2248-jpg.200342

Cars retreat for shelter inside a dreamlike glow worm cavern behind a soothing one waterfall. Amidst beached Kon Tiki boats, the cave glistens and the entire cast - one room filled with over 50 animatronic wonders! - sings us out with a rousing climactic medley. (The exit leads to Dole Whips.)

(I'd considered an alternate version which instead explored the backstory of what magic enchants the Tiki Room, but I've opted here instead for something closer to the original show. Much of the artwork credit must go to our collective muse, @TomThordarson.)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Adventureland
Attractions

Adventure to Paradise Falls

Introduction
Welcome to Paradise Falls - A Land Lost in Time. Take flight with Carl, Russell, and others from the 2009 Disney/Pixar film, Up, as you soar on a whimsical adventure to the top of Paradise Falls, and encounter some rollicking thrills and excitement along the way.

Disney_RetroUpPosters09.jpg

Paradise Falls Landscape Description
The massive 137 ft tall waterfall off deep in the Adventureland wilderness will be visible as guests approach the entrance to the attraction. Surrounding by rich foliage and tropical landscapes, the large waterfall, also using forced perspective, is a carbon copy of Paradise Falls from the film. Upon approaching you can see the rush of the water flow down the side of the mountain and into the falls below. Arriving at the entrance to the attraction, you'll notice even the ambiance surrounding background music has changed to the Michael Giacchino soundtrack from Up - and you know your adventure is out there!

Entrance and Queue
2016-05-28_10-18-38_zpsdbaxj9px.jpg

Upon reaching the attraction, you see a balloon stand and a building which says South America on it, a replica of the one that Carl and Ellie owned and worked in during the film. Off to the side, there is even a Meet and Greet location for the characters from Up (check your times guide for more information)

5a302123558f70c7f2bf71850901b5a4.jpg

The Stand-By entrance can be seen above along with the Fastpass+ entrance. For this attraction however, guests are encouraged to use the Stand-By line to get the full effect of the queue storyline. The Fastpass+ edition is a brief interpretation of the longer montage.

Guests enter the South America showcase and see illustrations, newspaper articles, and more of Carl and Ellie's favorite explorer Charles Muntz. You walk past Carl and Ellie's desks and see pictures of their marriage on the walls and a picture of young Ellie with goggles placed in a circular frame on Carl's desk. You also can spot the grape soda as well, in addition to Ellie's Adventure Book nestled in the corner and a letter from Carl, showing their love for each other.
2016-05-28_10-15-55_zpslheax1oz.jpg

The unique aspect of this queue is that while indoors (and overpassing the Walt Disney World Railroad) to the expansion plot beyond the brim, you feel as if you're outdoors and in the queue you progress with Carl and Ellie in age.

The "Married Life" soundtrack begins to play and in this continuously progressing queue. You follow Carl and Ellie on their adventures throughout their life as you trek up with them to the top of the (Bug's Life) hill for a picnic. AAs of the two of them in their middle aged physiques are positioned on the picnic blanket looking up into the ever changing cloud sky and conversing with each other.
18562182_Ej31e.png

As you walk back down other side of the hill you reach the front-yard of their colorful house, and see them washing the same window of the house. This time they appear older. You traverse inside the house can see them now dusting off the interior when you see the AA Carl look at the large parting of South America and their house on Paradise Falls and as you pass by you audibly hear him say he's going to take Ellie to Paradise Falls.

Sadly the next environment you walk into is the exterior of Carl and Ellie's house at night, with Carl holding a single blue balloon and looking out from his porch before making a turn inside.

While the queue gets quiet and dim for a brief time, the levity of the situation is quickly brought into fold as you meet Russell around the corner. Russell introduces himself and says he's going to go get his Assisting the Elderly Badge and wanted to know if you all wanted to come along too. The AA figure of Russell will be representative of the Mr. Potato Head figure in Toy Story Midway Mania, however much more advanced where they can interactive and chat even more with guests as they stroll by. There will also be interactive Up games as well themed to the Wilderness Explorers as you pass by the Russell AA and back to Carl's house

You then reach the pre-show area of the attraction where you walk onto Carl and Ellie's porch and listen to Russell

"Well I gotta help you out somehow" says Russell much to Carl's dismay and chagrin as he sees construction managers talking to people off in the distance from Shady Oaks Retirement Village.

Pre-Show and Hydraulator Technology

You then enter the living room space where Carl and Ellie used to spend their time and see that Carl has set up a contraction on the window sill with ropes and strings coming out of the fireplace. Music swells and suddenly the floor begins to shake as if an earthquake is happening, then you see out the windows the rising skyscrapers, the approaching clouds, and the silhouettes and shadows of thousands of balloons floating atop the house, lifting it into the air.

"So long boys! I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls" you can hear Carl yell from the back of the house.

As you stand around the house, you are actually moving at a slow distance upwards towards the 2nd floor of the building. However, for the illusion, you are on a trip towards South America. The 4 minute Pre-Show scene takes you through the clouds, as you gaze around at the detail of the living room and the authenticity from the film. Then out the porch front door window you see Russell waving his hands sporadically and Carl.

In the hallway you can hear the conversation between Russell and Carl

Russell "Mr. Fredrickson, please let me in"
Carl "No....ok fine, you can come in"
Russell: "Mr. Fredrickson, I only wanted an assisting the elderly badge, I didn't know I'd need to assist all these people too. But they are my friends and they have to come.
Carl: No.
Russell: Please??
Carl "Ugh...fine, but they aren't traveling in our house"
Russell: "Oh time for me to use my senior wilderness basket weaving badge!"
Carl "Basket, what?"
Russell "I'll do it Mr. Fredrickson!"

(The Next Gen technology will take voice acting tools from Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and utilize them to change the dialogue of this scene each time to fit each audience.)

You then race into clouds and a storm outside as you feel the rumbling of the house heading through the clouds, thunder and lightning outside, and you approach a rocky surface and make an abrupt landing.

You walk back out the front door and have arrived at the opposite side of Paradise Falls where the attraction begins.

Ride Vehicles

You approach the ride vehicles which are baskets tethered to the bottom of Carl and Ellie's house being supported by the balloons. The baskets seat 12 guests (3 rows of 4).

The attraction is designed using a combination of roller coaster track (above and below) along with hydraulic lifts that push your vehicles from one location to the next seamlessly without you even realize due to the projection screens hiding the technology. Throughout the indoor attraction, you are immersed 360 with the world of Up on the journey to Paradise Falls, providing one of the most visceral attractions Disney has ever invented with a mix of dark ride, family style indoor roller coaster components, all in a virtual reality environment, complete as well with physical sets and Audio-Animatronics.

Attraction Ride-Through
Boarding your baskets you are whisked into the jungles of South America for a slow moving journey above the trees.

Scene 1 - Meeting Kevin
From down below Russell exclaims: "Hey Mr. Fredrickson look a bird!"
"That's nice Russell" Carl responds.

Suddenly the House begins to descend into the trees as if air is being let out of the balloons and you soar through the trees towards the ground.

"Hey stop that!" Carl yells up to the roof as you a exotic tropical bird poking holes in the balloons above. You then see the AA bird standing next to Russell on the ground as Russell says that the bird likes chocolate.

"Ugh..more nonsense Ellie" Carl sighs to himself.
"I'm going to name him Kevin" Russell declares.

Scene 2 - Dug
Up+Wallpaper-15.jpg

From there you exit the jungle and enter a rocky portion of the mountain, almost about halfway to Carl's destination on top of the Falls. You then meet Dug, an AA talking Labrador Retriever who introduces himself to everyone.

Dug: "Hi there, my master says I need to take this bird as my prisoner"

Carl: "I am not your master"
Dug: "Oh yes I know, my master is smart and -- *squirrel* ---
Russell: "Can we keep him??"
Carl: "No"

Russell: "But it's a talking dog!!"

Then out of the right side, a large floating blimp that says the Spirit of Adventure on it, ascends from below the cliffs. It is piloted by Charles Muntz and several other talking dogs aboard the blimp.

Scene 3 - Charles Muntz
While Carl thinks that he's finally met one of his childhood icons, he soon discovers that Charles Muntz is after Kevin, the exotic bird he has been searching for his whole life. Airplanes piloted by the other talking dogs lead by Alpha, charge the house and poke holes in the balloons.

Scene 4 - Dinner with Charles
tumblr_n3oohw91D11tqs69bo1_500.gif

You view the interior of the blimp as the house is attached to the side of the blimp and you see the dogs, Charles, Carl, and Russell eating dinner, with the dogs eating Russell's hot dog.

Charles explains that the bird he has been after for years might have reappeared, and Russell explains that it "looks like Kevin" This intrigues and simultaneously infuriates Charles when Carl denies every know of the bird. Charles sends his dogs to the plane and Carl and Russell have to escape back to the house.

Scene 5 - Airplane Battle
Up-Mondo-Poster-by-Kevin-Tong.jpg

The planes charge out of the side of the blimp as your basket and house sway out of the way to avoid contact.

One of the planes comes flying through and snaps the tethered string that is holding your basket to the house and, disconnecting from the house and attaching to roller coaster track, your vehicle swings down and gets picked up by by another airplane and you go soaring through the sky. You sway around a bend and see Carl and Ellie's house next to the massive Spirit of Adventure blimp as the plane your attached to goes in for another attack run

Before you reach the House however, Russell takes a leaf blower and balloons and distracts the pilot, sending you on an incline into the sky.

Scene 6 - The Confrontation
Still attached to one of the dog planes, you pass by Carl trying to fend off Charles Muntz from getting to Kevin.

Muntz: "Any last words Fredrickson? Come on spit it out!"

Carl spits out his teeth and escapes to the top of the blimp as you travel up with him with his house floating next to him, attached to the side.

Scene 7 - Spirit of Adventure
best-worst-pixar-films-488482.jpg

As you sail off to the top of the blimp you are released from the airplane and drop in a drop shaft down to the surface of the Spirit of Adventure. You see Carl trying to hold onto his house, Kevin shows up and Charles tries to capture the bird, but fails, as Kevin blows him away with the leaf blower.

With Dug in command of the blimp, and since he doesn't know how to drive it, the blimp begins to tilt and Carl loses a grip on the house. Your basket begins to fall off the side of the blimp as you pick up roller coaster track from below, and facing sideways, see Carl and Ellie's house fade into the clouds and disappear.

Russell "Wait we have to save the others!"
Dug "I will save them...because I love them"

As you drop 3 stories off the side of the blimp you are picked up by a tandem of Charles' dogs and tied to the bottom of the Spirit of Adventure. With Russell and Carl now piloting the blimp, you begin your journey back home. As the ride concludes, your basket sways to look back at Paradise Falls one last time.

You see a thick fog of clouds, which then dissolve to show Carl and Ellie's house perched up next to the Falls with the balloons swaying in the wind.

You proceed to the unloading dock which is themed to the Spirit of Adventure blimp.

Post-Show Walk-Through
You exit on the Spirit of Adventure blimp and walk through the halls of the ship and interact with Charles' talking dogs, Carl, and Russell as you fly home from South America. You see Carl give Russell the Ellie-Badge (the Grape Soda pin) for assisting the elderly. You notice Kevin (who's actually a girl) and her babies as you fly over the jungles of South America.

The post show concludes with technological projection mirrors which reflect back images of you and your significant other as Carl and Ellie, images that can be saved to Photopass+

Gift Shop - South America (It's like America....but South)

You then enter back into Carl and Ellie's South America building where you will enter the gift shop portion of the attraction with merchandise from Up.

This merchandise includes:
A Senior Wilderness Explorer Badge and outfit.
A Carl and Ellie Mailbox
The Ellie Badge Pin
Stuff Animal versions Kevin, Dug, Alpha, and Russell.
Carl's False Teeth
Assorted shirts and shorts

Conclusion
After exiting the attraction, you feel a sense of hope and adventure, and you still have that image of Carl and Ellie's house landed in their spot next to Paradise Falls.

Something that we have saved to the end of the attraction is that on top of Paradise Falls is Carl and Ellie's house. Upon first glace, due to the forced perspective of the Mountain and it not being within walking distance, the house may go unnoticed.

Every morning, as you're approaching the Magic Kingdom to begin your day on the boat, monorail, or simply sitting along the Seven Seas Lagoon enjoying the view, you might catch a glimpse as synthetic "balloons" rise up from Carl and Ellie's House upon Paradise Falls, creating a spectacular hidden moment you'll never forget, and a breathtaking view that adds to the picturesque Magic Kingdom skyline.
2016-05-28_10-20-30_zpst3mc2yzw.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Fantasyland
Attractions

A Tangled Tale (C-Ticket)
tangled%2Belevation-01.jpg

tangled%2Bplan-01.jpg

The queue begins at the armory of the town. The standby queue turns right and runs along the facades, entering the guard office and passing through storage rooms, where barrels and boxes surround the path. Each area of the queue is heavily detailed, including plenty of wanted posters. It then rejoins with the Fastpass+ queue and travels into the formal hall of the armory, with painting depicting the many successes of the royal guard and a row of ornate decorative spears in the center of the room. The two queues then merge as directed by a cast member and into the stable area, leading up to the loading area. At this split, wheelchair guests are directed straight to the unload area.

Guests board a wooden carriage-styled vehicle, seating 2 or 3 per row with two rows. The vehicle is able to rotate 360 degrees on the tracked base, like an omnimover. Guests load the vehicle on a slowly moving loading belt. The vehicles would dispatch approximately every 10 seconds, similar to the existing dark rides, but because the vehicles are larger, it would have a better capacity.

After loading and seat check, the vehicle pulls forward towards a painting of Rapunzel on the wall, beginning the telling of the story of the lost princess. The vehicle makes a u turn and begins moving slowly downhill. The ceiling above and wall to the left are painted just like Rapunzel’s art, retelling how the princess was born and subsequently disappeared, narrated by Rapunzel herself. The art comes to life with a projection effect as we pass each major element. At the bottom of the ramp, we find ourselves in the tower, with Rapunzel to our left in front of her window, singing “When Will my Life Begin.” The next few scenes take place inside the single room tower, so the rotation of the vehicle is used to misdirect where we are in the space, making it believable that everything is taking place in the tower. Rapunzels hair wraps all around the scenes, acting as borders and visual barriers while literally tying the grouping of scenes together. The vehicle turns around the corner, rotating a full 180 degree to face a second scene of Rapunzel in the tower, this time showing her longing to visit the lights and painting the lights on the tower wall. After another spin and turn, we find Mother Gothel singing “Mother Knows Best” to Rapunzel, convincing her to stay. Just on the other side of a thick curtain, the story progresses, showing Flynn Rider held captive in a chair and being interrogated by Rapunzel, and eventually agreeing to take her to the lights. We rotate right to face a stone wall, where the shadows of Flynn and Rapunzel descending down the tower are projected on a stone wall. We turn to find the forest, with physical trees augmented by projected landscapes above the brush. Flynn stands in the center, by a tree, complaining about his wanted poster while Rapunzel frolics through the projected forest between the trees. Around the bend, we see a small sign for the Snuggly Duckling, and hear the raucous music in the distance as we approach the front door.
tangled%2Bscene%2B1-01.jpg

Through the door is the largest scene of the attraction, “I've Got a Dream.” In the double height tavern, multiple thugs sit underneath the rough wood beams, listening to the Piano Playing Thug and Rapunzel alternate verses while Flynn is hung on one of the wooden columns. The Piano Thug sits of course at his piano on the stage in the corner while Rapunzel stands on a table, surrounded by singing thugs, telling us of her dream to see the lights. In the room are many of the recognizable thugs, including Gunter the interior designer, Ulf the mime, and the cupid thug, who is spinning circles overhead. We continue past Rapunzel and the bar, turning right and beginning to go uphill. Again, paintings on the ceiling tell the story of how they made it into the city. At the top, we rotate left to face animatronics of the King and Queen lifting up the first lantern as “I See the Light” begins. The vehicle moves out over simulated glistening water, through a sea of floating lanterns, and turn to face the boat holding Rapunzel and Flynn.
tangled%2Bscene%2B2-01.jpg

The lanterns of the room gently float in place and twinkle, aided by mirrors and projections to create and endless field of lights. Ahead, we ride back into the forest, where Mother Gothel reprises “Mother Knows Best”, consoling Rapunzel. Through the trees, we see a projection of Flynn sailing away on the boat. Through the next door, we are back in the tower, right at the moment that Rapunzel realizes her identity. She stands in the center of the room, looking above at the large ceiling of paintings, which come to life with fiber optics and projections, creating an effect similar to the movie. As we turn and rotate into the next room, we see Flynn confronting Gothel before turning again to an alcove, where we see the shadow of Gothel falling over and out the window. We continue on and turn to see Rapunzel and Flynn together, happily ever after. Just around the corner is unload, back at the stable, and the exit path leads to a new gift shop that is split with the new Frozen attraction next door.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Fantasyland
Attractions

Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree (C-Ticket)​

Scene 1
Your Honey Pot takes off with the classic Winnie the Pooh melody "Up, Down, Touch the Ground" playing in the background as you enter Pooh's House, where Pooh is standing in front of his mirror trying to touch his toes and talking to his reflection in the mirror and empty jars of honey laying around the floor.

Pooh: Oh time for something sweet...oh bother empty again...only the sticky part's left.

As you leave Pooh's house you enter the Hundred Acre Wood where your dark ride vehicles can move by themselves throughout the landscape as the Sherman Brothers "Winnie the Pooh" instrumental theme plays and other audio animatronic characters pop out.

From his door, Piglet says "Pooh look, I found a Honey Tree!"

Tending to his garden on the opposite side, Rabbit announces, "Don't climb that tree, there's bees up there."

Owl then chimes in from his treehouse, "Bees, never heard of such kind creatures"

As your vehicles turn throughout the Hundred Acre Wood in a 360 degree landscape, you approach the scene transition and see Pooh flying with a balloon up into the Honey Tree.
Scene 2
Pooh ends up stuck face first into the tree as the wind starts to blow, and Gopher pops out from his hole in the ground to exclaim:

"It's Windsday!"

The trees and surroundings start to sway (large fans are also installed in this scene to give guests the 4D wind effect, and your Honey pots vehicles spin around as the wind gets stronger. On the left you see Kanga holding onto Roo with a blanket as Roo laughs at the fun.

You also see Eeyores "gloomy place" made of sticks fall down in the wind as Eeyore sighs

"I guess I'll have to start over again"

As the scene concludes you hear commotion coming from under the tree Pooh is stuck in as the wind almost knocking Pooh out of the Honey tree as Tigger bounces into the frame.
33108234693_9a27a955ff_b.jpg
Scene 3
"Don't worry old buddy old pal, I'll catch ya...come on folks, bounce with me" Tigger cheers as The Wonderful Thing about Tiggers song begins to play. Your vehicles move up and down along with Tigger as he bounces up and catches Pooh as he falls from the tree and the bees swarm out popping Pooh's blue balloon and heading back into their tree.

As soon as they reach the ground, the clouds get dark and rain begins to fall.
Scene 4
Eeyore pouts "First the wind...now the rain" as a flood begins to form and the characters use umbrellas to travel along the river of rainwater and the "Rain Rain Rain came down down down" song plays in the background

Tigger proclaims "Don't worry Pooh at least in this weather your honey is safe from those Heffalumps and Woozles."

Pooh "You mean elephants and Weasels? Uhh what do they do?"

Tigger "Oh nothing much, just steal honey"

Pooh "Steal honey?!"
Scene 5
As the rain stops and your vehicles transition into the new scene you see Pooh asleep in his nightgown and hat as the name Heffalumps and Woozles play again and again in his mind. You see a projection of Pooh fly off and tumble into a dream state as you go into the next scene
Scene 6
The Heffalumps and Woozles theme plays as you rotate around large audio animatronic luminescent characters in a larger than life dream sequence. The wide track allows your Honey pot vehicle to rotate in all facets and directions as you careen from one character to another. In the final scene you see the Heffalump and Woozle sitting with a giant jar of honey as you hear Piglet, Tigger, and other characters start to say in faint voices "Pooh" "Pooh bear" as you transition to the next scene
Scene 7
Pooh wakes up the next day and finds Christopher Robin and all of his friends gathered around a picnic table with several jars of honey and other food items for lunch.

"The wind knocked all the honey out of the honey tree, Pooh!" Tigger explains. "Here come celebrate with us"

The Winnie the Pooh melody begins again and the final scene of the ride is Pooh's head facing the ride vehicles surrounded in honey and smiling "Today's a good day" as the last page of the large storybook canvases reads "The End"​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom