Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I actually think the Guardians Tower looks cool and while it's not California themed, California is stupid then for a park in California. Yeah, sightlines are an issue but no one complains that you can see Cinderellas castle in Frontierland. Is a warehouse in California more theme breaking than a fantasy castle in the old west?

Left obviously. Right, guys? Boo Guardians Tower.

;):p
Different opinions are welcomed here, dont be shy! (unlike some other areas of the forum) ;)

Brer Oswald

I actually think the Guardians Tower looks cool and while it's not California themed, California is stupid then for a park in California. Yeah, sightlines are an issue but no one complains that you can see Cinderellas castle in Frontierland. Is a warehouse in California more theme breaking than a fantasy castle in the old west?

Left obviously. Right, guys? Boo Guardians Tower.

;):p
If that's your actual opinion, I totally support it. I don't think the issue is the theming of the attraction in the park, but rather the design of the building and the placement of GotG in the ToT. The IP doesn't really fit the drop tower style attraction. That's why I said Spider Man would make the most sense (NY skyscraper tower, and the webs acting as the cables pulling you up in the scenario of the ride). I'd honestly rather see Disney make a brand new Spider Man ride from scratch, but it still would've made sense. This is why it baffles me that Disney wanted to put GotG in UoE spot rather than retheme or redo it on Mission Space's pavilion. That would have made perfect sense!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
If that's your actual opinion, I totally support it. I don't think the issue is the theming of the attraction in the park, but rather the design of the building and the placement of GotG in the ToT. The IP doesn't really fit the drop tower style attraction. That's why I said Spider Man would make the most sense (NY skyscraper tower, and the webs acting as the cables pulling you up in the scenario of the ride). I'd honestly rather see Disney make a brand new Spider Man ride from scratch, but it still would've made sense. This is why it baffles me that Disney wanted to put GotG in UoE spot rather than retheme or redo it on Mission Space's pavilion. That would have made perfect sense!
I agree Spider-Man wouldve been a better fit, but id imagine Disney doesnt want to make a Spiderman ride since it would be compared to the one at Islands which is considered one of the best theme park attractions to this day. If they do Spidey, Disney has to make it unquestionably better than the ride at Islands.

And Mission Space redo would make more sense in Florida, but with Marvel at Islands just down the road, if imagine Disney is even more concerned about impressing with the first Marvel ride in Florida. And people are generally luke warm towards Mission Space.

I totally get why people are generally negative towards it, but I think it looks cool personally. Of course, I'd always prefer a new build and definitely hope they never touch our Tower.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I agree Spider-Man wouldve been a better fit, but id imagine Disney doesnt want to make a Spiderman ride since it would be compared to the one at Islands which is considered one of the best theme park attractions to this day. If they do Spidey, Disney has to make it unquestionably better than the ride at Islands.

And Mission Space redo would make more sense in Florida, but with Marvel at Islands just down the road, if imagine Disney is even more concerned about impressing with the first Marvel ride in Florida. And people are generally luke warm towards Mission Space.

I totally get why people are generally negative towards it, but I think it looks cool personally. Of course, I'd always prefer a new build and definitely hope they never touch our Tower.
The one thing I will give GotG in DCA is....the ride is not as good as the WDW version of Tower, so an overhaul isn't shedding a tear from me. It's just the current location, though if a full-fledged Marvel land comes with it -- then it might make more sense. Just Hollywoodland right now is a mess.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I was shocked and heartbroken by the closure and "re-imagining" of the Imagination ride, but if they did something similar to WDW's tower, that would rank right up there in "devastation".
It would be even more heartbreaking than Imagination...because it wouldn't just be an interior change. It would have ramifications throughout all of WDW.

The WDW Tower has basically become an icon. When we drive in, that's a landmark. The Tower advertisement in the middle island as you drive up is classic now. And it can be seen from a variety of locations in WDW

towerofmorroco-e1399146268789.jpg

Tower was designed with Morocco in mind, so that it would blend in to the background. To change it just means that they don't care about aesthetics anymore...it's all about turning a profit...which doesn't make sense considering that Tower is one of the top 3 most popular rides in DHS.

It'd make sense if it was an average/below average attendance attraction (like Universe of Energy even though I have problems with that too) but to overhaul Tower makes no sense even from a business standpoint. How many more people would ride Guardians vs the already popular ToT?

FigmentPigments

It would be even more heartbreaking than Imagination...because it wouldn't just be an interior change. It would have ramifications throughout all of WDW.

The WDW Tower has basically become an icon. When we drive in, that's a landmark. The Tower advertisement in the middle island as you drive up is classic now. And it can be seen from a variety of locations in WDW

Tower was designed with Morocco in mind, so that it would blend in to the background. To change it just means that they don't care about aesthetics anymore...it's all about turning a profit...which doesn't make sense considering that Tower is one of the top 3 most popular rides in DHS.

It'd make sense if it was an average/below average attendance attraction (like Universe of Energy even though I have problems with that too) but to overhaul Tower makes no sense even from a business standpoint. How many more people would ride Guardians vs the already popular ToT?
I agree. That would be the signal that Disney no longer cares.
Yeah, that's when I'll freak out! :D I've only been on it once (first time on my last trip) and I loved it!
It is one of the few immersive rides that I've ever been on. From it's placement in the back, to the queue, music, and gift shop. I got a tour one time of this area and most of the books in the gift shop are not fake props but real books from the correct time periods and the perfume on the top shelves are real perfume bottles from the time (some with the original perfume still in it). The photo area desk has "real" newspapers in the tray with the top one mentioning Hitler invading Poland. It's all period correct. That is some true detailing there.

Brer Oswald

It would make about as much sense as retheming Splash. Wasting money and resources that could be spent on making MORE attractions which WDW desperately needs.

mickeyfan5534

Fairytale in the Stars: Draft 3 (possible final draft)
Follow Tinkerbell through an enchanting night sky where dreams come to life. All it takes is to close your eyes, make a wish, and believe that a fairytale can come true as you follow the stories of many classic characters come to life with dazzling fountains, beautiful fireworks, amazing projections, and astounding lasers mixing with live actors on Fantasia Castle Stage.

Opening
  • Fairytales Come True
A Star is Born
  • Go the Distance
  • Zero to Hero
Hundred Acre Wood
  • Rumbly in my Tumbly
  • The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers
Practically Perfect
  • Feed the Birds
  • Let's Go Fly a Kite
Under the Sea
  • Part of Your World
  • Kiss the Girl
For the First Time
  • Let it Go
Bells of Notre Dame
  • Someday
Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo
  • A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
When She Returns
  • When Will My Life Begin (Reprise)
  • I See the Light
Tale as Old As Time
  • Beauty and the Beast (with the live action finale verse)
Finale
  • When You Wish Upon a Star
  • Fairytales Come True

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Fairytale in the Stars: Draft 3 (possible final draft)
Follow Tinkerbell through an enchanting night sky where dreams come to life. All it takes is to close your eyes, make a wish, and believe that a fairytale can come true as you follow the stories of many classic characters come to life with dazzling fountains, beautiful fireworks, amazing projections, and astounding lasers mixing with live actors on Fantasia Castle Stage.

Opening
  • Fairytales Come True
A Star is Born
  • Go the Distance
  • Zero to Hero
Hundred Acre Wood
  • Rumbly in my Tumbly
  • The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers
Practically Perfect
  • Feed the Birds
  • Let's Go Fly a Kite
Under the Sea
  • Part of Your World
  • Kiss the Girl
For the First Time
  • Let it Go
Bells of Notre Dame
  • Someday
Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo
  • A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
When She Returns
  • When Will My Life Begin (Reprise)
  • I See the Light
Tale as Old As Time
  • Beauty and the Beast (with the live action finale verse)
Finale
  • When You Wish Upon a Star
  • Fairytales Come True
Great job!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom