Club 32 Lounge

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Question of the Day:

Left or Right?
C73kIVfVwAAk_8i.jpg:large

Left.

Brer Oswald

IMO, it would have made the most sense to make it a Spider Man themed ride instead of GotG. The skyscraper tower design would fit better (Daily Bugel in NY) and they could still use it to promote a new movie (they would actually have more time too). The ride theme would work as Spider Man could be pulling you up through the tower with his web, but various villains are launching you down the tower. I hope Disney does something creative with Spider Man in the parks, but I think this would have been a great idea, and would not have felt too shoehorned in. I know it doesn't fit with the California theme, but honestly that theme was going to die either way, and honestly for the better (although that doesn't mean the theming of some existing lands should go, as many of them still work).

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
IMO, it would have made the most sense to make it a Spider Man themed ride instead of GotG. The skyscraper tower design would fit better (Daily Bugel in NY) and they could still use it to promote a new movie (they would actually have more time too). The ride theme would work as Spider Man could be pulling you up through the tower with his web, but various villains are launching you down the tower. I hope Disney does something creative with Spider Man in the parks, but I think this would have been a great idea, and would not have felt too shoehorned in. I know it doesn't fit with the California theme, but honestly that theme was going to die either way, and honestly for the better (although that doesn't mean the theming of some existing lands should go, as many of them still work).
I would have just made West Coast Avengers....but I don't think a Disney BoD would go that route:p

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The issue is that opens up the can of worms that is "unfamiliarity". Disney can only go so obscure with their attractions, especially with limited space. GotG isn't even that deserving, yet it's the first to get an attraction.
They could have made A Bugs Land into an Ant Man mini-land since that fits with the California theme.

Also I would have been fine with keeping ToT...and designing a sort of west coast Avengers headquarters theme behind it, Tony Stark's house in Malibu, etc. But instead they pick a franchise that isn't even on earth let alone California.

LSCreative

I'm really enjoying some of the ideas being passed around in the last few pages. Don't worry, I haven't disappeared... I'm extremely busy at the moment, we are currently in the process of moving 'Aladdin The Musical' from Sydney to Melbourne.

I will stop in from time to time over the next week or so, and then will be back for some more Club 32 fun!

Cheers,

orlando678-

Making a California themed park in California was a poor and binding decision in the first place. It goes against what Disneyland is all about, "escape from the outside world",
To a certain extend yes, but i believe that the park was meant to treasure the Californian highlights in a more magical way, so that a guest could experience all or at least the majority of these highlights by visiting this park. Unfortunately the low budget led to mistakes in designand low quality rides. If only theyd just get back on track with their core themes but just spend more money in refurbishing and redesigning parts of the park ( also pointing at Hollywood Studios and Epcot here, although these mainly have problems due to some aspects of the park getting outdated and we are just getting the lazy solutions)

FigmentPigments

What's sad about it to me is that from what I remember at Disneyland, the Tower of Terror could be seen from a lot of places. Now, there just this wonky colorful Tower.

I'm sure the ride will be great, and lead to a Marvel Land proper...but as it stands it's the first true phase of DCA no longer caring about the California theme.
I can see this park becoming the Epcot of this coast. When you start deviating from a theme (that's in the name of the park: California Adventure) it feel like it's only a matter of time.

That's my biggest problem right there is that it sticks out like a sore thumb. If Disney is going to build something that can be seen from everywhere in the park, then they should at least try to blend it in so it doesn't break another area's theme. :hungover:

FigmentPigments

The issue is that opens up the can of worms that is "unfamiliarity". Disney can only go so obscure with their attractions, especially with limited space. GotG isn't even that deserving, yet it's the first to get an attraction.
I completely agree! Why did this get an attraction but not the Avengers?:bookworm: I thought the movie was okay, but :confused:
They could have made A Bugs Land into an Ant Man mini-land since that fits with the California theme.

Also I would have been fine with keeping ToT...and designing a sort of west coast Avengers headquarters theme behind it, Tony Stark's house in Malibu, etc. But instead they pick a franchise that isn't even on earth let alone California.
Agree here too! There's so much they could have done (especially since Bug's land is :depressed:). I'm sure the ride will be a hit but I would really like to know why this and why there? It really is a head scratcher for me.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I actually think the Guardians Tower looks cool and while it's not California themed, California is stupid then for a park in California. Yeah, sightlines are an issue but no one complains that you can see Cinderellas castle in Frontierland. Is a warehouse in California more theme breaking than a fantasy castle in the old west?

Left obviously. Right, guys? Boo Guardians Tower.

;):p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom