Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Saturday March 25th - Ultimate Magic Kingdom Progress Report

First I'd like to welcome back @Skipper of the SEA into the mix again!

---------------------------------------

General Updates to Fantasyland

Attraction Progress

Villains Land
img_6490-jpg.195630

Drawn by @David2319

Villains Land is coming along very nicely, with a lot of progress to discuss.
- David has drawn the basic design of Villains Land and has said he will work on it more this weekend to flesh it out - but a rough draft of the design can be seen above!

- @orlando678- and @gonzoWDW are working on the hydrocoaster for Villains Land (with a possible contribution from @StevenU) - this coaster will be based on Bald Mountain from Fantasia.

The Haunted Mansion
georgebluebeard-png.195939

Drawn by @MonorailRed
This new medieval theme to the Haunted Mansion is complete - with artwork from MonorailRed above, depicting the creepy and eerie George Bluebeard, who is the main character of the attraction. Storyboard help from @FigmentPigments and others as well!

Villains Academy
Write-Up by @Disney Dad 3000

Above is Disney Dad's write-up for the Villains Academy, a family friendly option in Villains Land!

--------------------------------------------------------------------​

Beauty and the Beast
33597174905_f7d729bda2_b.jpg

Here is a draft of the Beauty and the Beast area (based on @kap91 's vision for the area)

The main attraction has been decided to be a "2-part" attraction - one part show, the next part ride. With OvertheHorizon designing the first part of the attraction (the show) -- below.

BatB Show
Written by @OvertheHorizon

---------------------------------------------------------------

Misc Updates
- @Skipper of the SEA and @DlpPhantom are working on the Mr. Toad Attraction
- The Frozen Mountain has been replaced with a new concept called "Flight of the Phoenix" which is a mythological mountain with an original backstory.
29805873643_6b88d4ac45_b.jpg

@Brer Oswald is leading the charge on the Winnie the Pooh attraction and Critter Country land, as well as our Alice in Wonderland E-ticket which is still in design phase.
- A Fantasia castle projection show is being worked on by @mickeyfan5534
- A Fantasyland stage show is still in the works from @LSCreative - looking forward to the final product of that!
- @michmousefan has pledged to work on the Casey Jr. peoplemover train after all of the attractions have been complete.

----------------------

That's about it for now! Check out the brainstorming threads for more info and have a great day!​
@kmbmw777 @Sam4D23

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

Attraction Progress

Villains Land
img_6490-jpg.195630

Drawn by @David2319

- David has drawn the basic design of Villains Land and has said he will work on it more this weekend to flesh it out - but a rough draft of the design can be seen above!

- @orlando678- and @gonzoWDW are working on the hydrocoaster for Villains Land (with a possible contribution from @StevenU) - this coaster will be based on Bald Mountain from Fantasia.

The Haunted Mansion

Drawn by @MonorailRed
This new medieval theme to the Haunted Mansion is complete - with artwork from MonorailRed above, depicting the creepy and eerie George Bluebeard, who is the main character of the attraction. Storyboard help from @FigmentPigments and others as well!

Villains Academy

Above is Disney Dad's write-up for the Villains Academy, a family friendly option in Villains Land!

Beauty and the Beast

Here is a draft of the Beauty and the Beast area (based on @kap91 's vision for the area)

The main attraction has been decided to be a "2-part" attraction - one part show, the next part ride. With OvertheHorizon designing the first part of the attraction (the show) -- below.

BatB Show

Misc Updates
- The Frozen Mountain has been replaced with a new concept called "Flight of the Phoenix" which is a mythological mountain with an original backstory.

@Brer Oswald is leading the charge on the Winnie the Pooh attraction and Critter Country land, as well as our Alice in Wonderland E-ticket which is still in design phase.
- A Fantasyland stage show is still in the works from @LSCreative - looking forward to the final product of that!
- @michmousefan has pledged to work on the Casey Jr. peoplemover train after all of the attractions have been complete.

----------------------

That's about it for now! Check out the brainstorming threads for more info and have a great day!​
@MonorailRed @Skipper of the SEA

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

Attraction Progress

Villains Land
img_6490-jpg.195630

Drawn by @David2319

The Haunted Mansion

Drawn by @MonorailRed

Villains Academy

Beauty and the Beast

BatB Show

Misc Updates

----------------------

@tmthomas52 @CraniumCommand89

mickeyfan5534

So my immense dislike of Disney Illuminations has led me to try and find a program where I can mess with the castle and put animations on it so I can make a better show than that pile of poo. Does anyone know of a decent free program for that? And here's the second draft of Fairytale in the Stars too.

Fairytale in the Stars: Draft 2
Follow Tinkerbell through an enchanting night sky where dreams come to life. All it takes is to close your eyes, make a wish, and believe that a fairytale can come true as you follow the stories of many classic characters come to life with dazzling fountains, beautiful fireworks, amazing projections, and astounding lasers mixing with live actors on Fantasia Castle Stage.

Opening
  • (Fairytale in the Stars Theme)
A Star is Born
  • Go the Distance
  • Zero to Hero
A Dream is a Wish
  • Cinderella
  • So This is Love
Under the Sea
  • Part of Your World
  • Kiss the Girl
For the First Time
  • Let it Go
Practically Perfect
  • Feed the Birds
  • Let's Go Fly a Kite
When She Returns
  • When Will My Life Begin (Reprise)
  • I See the Light
Hundred Acre Wood
  • Rumbly in my Tumbly
  • The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers
Tale as Old As Time
  • Be Our Guest
  • Beauty and the Beast
Finale
  • When You Wish Upon a Star
  • (Fairytale in the Stars Theme)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
So my immense dislike of Disney Illuminations has led me to try and find a program where I can mess with the castle and put animations on it so I can make a better show than that pile of poo. Does anyone know of a decent free program for that?
Very nice draft!

And @MCParradox @Imagineerland @MonorailRed may be able to help with that question.

I know RCT3 does fireworks, but if you want to add animations that may be a different software.

Imagineerland

Very nice draft!

And @MCParradox @Imagineerland @MonorailRed may be able to help with that question.

I know RCT3 does fireworks, but if you want to add animations that may be a different software.

That is a challenge that I have thought about before, but I don't really have a great answer. Its a pretty complex task to edit and animate 2d graphics with something free, and even more difficult if your wanting to add in the off castle effects, like water and fireworks and lights.

The best option that I can think of would be Adobe After effects, which lets you animate 2d graphics made in Illustrator or Photoshop. It could work well to make an animatic style design. But it is not free, aside from a 1 month trial.

I wish there was an easy answer, because I would love to play with it too.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
That is a challenge that I have thought about before, but I don't really have a great answer. Its a pretty complex task to edit and animate 2d graphics with something free, and even more difficult if your wanting to add in the off castle effects, like water and fireworks and lights.

The best option that I can think of would be Adobe After effects, which lets you animate 2d graphics made in Illustrator or Photoshop. It could work well to make an animatic style design. But it is not free, aside from a 1 month trial.

I wish there was an easy answer, because I would love to play with it too.
Thanks for the response! You're probably right as it seems for that level of graphics needed, the software most likely wouldn't be free.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Can we discuss the Alice in Wonderland attraction? I have a few ideas.

- Synopsis is you're late for the Mad Hatter's Tea Party and you need to get there as fast as possible.
- It's a dark ride drop tower LPS ride.
- Drop tower is only one scene. The rest of the ride takes you through the woods and other areas of Wonderland
- It's 3D and has a lot of motion.
That actually sounds really good!

Thoughts everyone?

Brer Oswald

Ok guys. It's been about a week, and I apologize for my absence. School was stressing me out and this project was just adding to my stress. That's why I took a little break. I'm glad to see many great ideas have been tossed around. I have been looking at the ideas throughout the week so I don't really need a summary. Space your idea to make the Matterhorn to a Phoenix ride is brilliant. When you first suggested that, I thought of the Phoenix being a good fit as well. Cranium your idea for Alice is great. Somebody suggested about making Peter Pan as elaborate as possible which I agree with. Someone also suggested using the PotC BotST ride system for Pinocchio (albeit scaled back) which I also agree with.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Ok guys. It's been about a week, and I apologize for my absence. School was stressing me out and this project was just adding to my stress. That's why I took a little break. I'm glad to see many great ideas have been tossed around. I have been looking at the ideas throughout the week so I don't really need a summary. Space your idea to make the Matterhorn to a Phoenix ride is brilliant. When you first suggested that, I thought of the Phoenix being a good fit as well. Cranium your idea for Alice is great. Somebody suggested about making Peter Pan as elaborate as possible which I agree with. Someone also suggested using the PotC BotST ride system for Pinocchio (albeit scaled back) which I also agree with.
Welcome back!:happy:

This goes for everyone -- but if life is busy, take a break and then come back! No problem at all. I'll be doing that actually this week until Friday. I'll check back every once in a while, but it won't be as frequent just because of other things.

And thanks about the Pheonix ride! Hoping to flesh that out this weekend!

Brer Oswald

Welcome back!:happy:

This goes for everyone -- but if life is busy, take a break and then come back! No problem at all. I'll be doing that actually this week until Friday. I'll check back every once in a while, but it won't be as frequent just because of other things.

And thanks about the Pheonix ride! Hoping to flesh that out this weekend!
It was very rude of me to just leave without explaining and I'm very sorry. I was being very selfish about ideas and the project in general, when everyone else actually has better ideas than I have. I'm happy to comeback to this project and work as a team member. You guys have shown me nothing but kindness, and I think it is time I return the favour! :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
It was very rude of me to just leave without explaining and I'm very sorry. I was being very selfish about ideas and the project in general, when everyone else actually has better ideas than I have. I'm happy to comeback to this project and work as a team member. You guys have shown me nothing but kindness, and I think it is time I return the favour! :)
No not rude at all! Everyone gets busy -- and school/work should always take precedence of this. These projects are just for fun in spare time!:)

And your ideas are great -- I can't wait to see what you come up with for Peter Pan and other rides!:geek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom