Club 32 Lounge

Imagineerland

Good question.

Just as a quick idea, I've always felt that Peter Pan's Flight is pretty much the quintessential Fantasyland attraction because it best embodies some of the Fantasy ideals and the unique ride system makes it the most transformative experience.

So I would say a full scale, E ticket level Peter Pan attraction that has more and larger scenes, real animatronics, special effects, and an improved version of the same suspended dark ride system. Imagine taking what we already have and adding a real scene or two in the Nursery, a scene passing the face of Big Ben with the kids on the clock arm, more scenes through the jungles and beaches of Neverland instead of just floating above it, and a more impressive climactic meeting with a Captain Hook that actually moves.ul

For now, I'll go with that as my ultimate Fantasyland ride.

Daveeeeed

In the meantime -- in order to keep some discussion going (even if the discussion doesn't end up in the final project) I have a question for everyone.

If you could design the ultimate Fantasyland attraction (in any Fantasyland, not just ours) -- what would it be? I'm curious -- the answers to this might even help us finish up this project. :bookworm:
I'm going to assume it has to be based on an IP... mmhmm. If it was Tomorrowland I would say the PeopleMover -- imagine that with wonderful show scenes, but since this is for a luxurious Fantasyland dark-ride :p I would say The Hunchback of Notre Dame as an E-ticket. With its sweeping score, and it's epic scenes it surely would work.

A C-ticket show that could work (like Twister) is Silly Symphony's "The Band Concert"

Bambi would I think be awesome as a C-ticket dark ride too.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Here's a rough draft of an idea I have for the revised "Frozen Mountain" attraction -- turning into something non-IP and original to diversify the lineup of attractions.

Flight of the Phoenix
Fantasy-Mountains.jpg

Backstory
In 1336 A.D., in the lonely isolation of the Middleton Mountains, a group of mystical sorcerers gather together to discover what secrets the world has in store. Outcast for their outlandish claims that creatures such as dragons and phoenix exist, the group of sorcerers, known as "The Planters" - use the Middleton Mountains to explore their powers and see what lies beyond our worldly understanding. While the group's code was to only use their sorcery for good, one of the group members, Sir Harriett, deferred on this request. He was ambitious, and on a quest to prove he was the most powerful of all in the organization, however it drew much resistance from the rest of his companions. Eventually outcast from The Planters, Harriett traveled through the lush forests of the Middleton Mountains, plotting revenge on the group he felt betrayed his quest for knowledge.

Seeking answers, Harriett stumbled upon a prayer garden, complete with an eclectic variety of beautiful, sprouting vegetation, and a stone passageway into the mountains with the crest in Latin:

Nisi Si Vobis Quaerunt Intrare (Only Enter If You Seek)

Intrigued by the proclamation, Harriett entered the mountain and walked inside the dark and abandoned cave. Immediately upon entering, a flash of light and twinkling stars enveloped the cave, and a howling wind deafened Harriett's ears. Colorful streams guided him further into the cave and towards a silver monument to a dragon. The mighty beast's mouth gaped open and perching on the ledge of a rock formation, intimidating those who could see it.
Lubjana%2Bdragon%2B1.jpg

A voice-over bellowed at Harriett that he must learn the sorcery behind this mystical creature. Study it and learn, only then will he be able to defeat his arch-enemies, The Planters. The knowledge he would receive from this cave would propel him to be the most powerful sorcerer in all of Europe.

Harriett jumped at this opportunity and spent the next months and years with the beast, plotting his revenge in the meantime. After years of training with the dragon, Harriett set off towards his old group, set on destroying them once and for all.

Yet while Harriett sought personal power, he was isolated from The Planters before learning that true power comes from teamwork and trust. While the mythical dragon lay in the confines of the mountains, the mighty phoenix, given its powers from all of The Planters, is the most powerful creature in all the land.

An epic battle awaits. Two sides fighting for what they believe, and you will be pressed right in the middle of the action in this dueling dark ride/roller coaster experience.

Let me know what you think! I can have more up tonight/tomorrow

FigmentPigments

And here's some concept art for it

Queue
26968675512_1ff5a14fe0_k.jpg

29805873643_6b88d4ac45_b.jpg

Pre-Show
30431193365_b61456be57_b.jpg

30103053460_4e1c8cf9cf_b.jpg

Ride Vehicle Design
30319657982_dc2f25f992_b.jpg

Scene inside the Mountain
30114336810_111d7ee663_b.jpg

Scene Outside the Mountain
30438053415_89ebb39754_b.jpg
Here's a rough draft of an idea I have for the revised "Frozen Mountain" attraction -- turning into something non-IP and original to diversify the lineup of attractions.

Flight of the Phoenix
Fantasy-Mountains.jpg

Backstory
In 1336 A.D., in the lonely isolation of the Middleton Mountains, a group of mystical sorcerers gather together to discover what secrets the world has in store. Outcast for their outlandish claims that creatures such as dragons and phoenix exist, the group of sorcerers, known as "The Planters" - use the Middleton Mountains to explore their powers and see what lies beyond our worldly understanding. While the group's code was to only use their sorcery for good, one of the group members, Sir Harriett, deferred on this request. He was ambitious, and on a quest to prove he was the most powerful of all in the organization, however it drew much resistance from the rest of his companions. Eventually outcast from The Planters, Harriett traveled through the lush forests of the Middleton Mountains, plotting revenge on the group he felt betrayed his quest for knowledge.

Seeking answers, Harriett stumbled upon a prayer garden, complete with an eclectic variety of beautiful, sprouting vegetation, and a stone passageway into the mountains with the crest in Latin:

Nisi Si Vobis Quaerunt Intrare (Only Enter If You Seek)

Intrigued by the proclamation, Harriett entered the mountain and walked inside the dark and abandoned cave. Immediately upon entering, a flash of light and twinkling stars enveloped the cave, and a howling wind deafened Harriett's ears. Colorful streams guided him further into the cave and towards a silver monument to a dragon. The mighty beast's mouth gaped open and perching on the ledge of a rock formation, intimidating those who could see it.
Lubjana%2Bdragon%2B1.jpg

A voice-over bellowed at Harriett that he must learn the sorcery behind this mystical creature. Study it and learn, only then will he be able to defeat his arch-enemies, The Planters. The knowledge he would receive from this cave would propel him to be the most powerful sorcerer in all of Europe.

Harriett jumped at this opportunity and spent the next months and years with the beast, plotting his revenge in the meantime. After years of training with the dragon, Harriett set off towards his old group, set on destroying them once and for all.

Yet while Harriett sought personal power, he was isolated from The Planters before learning that true power comes from teamwork and trust. While the mythical dragon lay in the confines of the mountains, the mighty phoenix, given its powers from all of The Planters, is the most powerful creature in all the land.

An epic battle awaits. Two sides fighting for what they believe, and you will be pressed right in the middle of the action in this dueling dark ride/roller coaster experience.

Let me know what you think! I can have more up tonight/tomorrow
This is really fantastic, Space! :eek:

FigmentPigments

Nice!

If I didn't get caught up today -- my goal was to redo the Frozen Mountain as something else...non-IP...an original story that would delve into more of the fantasy/action realm, and take place within the mountain.

It would be separate from the princess themes that dominate most of the fantasyland -- and be something more geared towards boys who want more action. As I'm thinking about it I'll write up the backstory, but essentially my goal would be to keep it set in the medieval time period (maybe even connect it with the Haunted Mansion in the villains land)

It'd have its own theme song -- but until I become a piano master:p it'd be loosely inspired by fantasy-style music from Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Hans Zimmer, and Thomas Bergersen. Traveling up the a mystical mountain with a fantasy tale attached to it, mythical creatures, and more.

I was thinking since your attraction would be more of a walk-through with rich mythos, that it could be included in this show building offering a different tale than the ride, amid the fantasy realm of the mountain

It's a rough idea right now and will probably be better explained as I type it out now. :geek:
Yes! This has
This what has always frustrated me about Fantasyland. Where's the fantasy? There's so much more theyes could use and the closest Disney gets is the dragon in Paris!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
If anyone wants to chime in for the Beauty and the Beast section -- I just posted the updated map of the area
So here's just a rough Paint.net map for the BatB area

I didn't label but there isn't too much different from Kap's drawing to this -- just that @OvertheHorizon 's preshow theater is in the light blue/gray and rounded, before entering the attraction show building behind it.

And based on @Brer Oswald 's descriptions for the map -- I added Tangled next door to BatB

Let me know what you think!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
My (tentative) objectives for the week:

- Frozen Mountain -- now that it seems like it will be an LPS attraction, we can talk about what we'd do with it -- basically my thoughts are I enjoy the premise they made for Frozenstrom - just I wish it was more fleshed out. That would be what this is -- a dark ride coaster.

- Fantasia -- I'd really like to get some final thoughts on that by the end of the week as that is the thread we seem to be slipping on in regards to content.

- Alice in Wonderland -- at least a rough draft/outline of what the ride will be.

- Mr. Toad -- Aside from the facade, I'm not exactly sure what the status of this ride is.

- Continued progress on Beauty and the Beast/World's Fair/Discoveryland

@Poe Dameron I'm going to try some RCT3 for Mr. Toad -- I know you had mentioned doing some a few days ago but haven't heard back so if you want to do your own version of this feel free! -- But mouse coasters are generally pretty simple on RCT3 so I'll see what I can cook up!:bookworm:

Daveeeeed

My (tentative) objectives for the week:

- Frozen Mountain -- now that it seems like it will be an LPS attraction, we can talk about what we'd do with it -- basically my thoughts are I enjoy the premise they made for Frozenstrom - just I wish it was more fleshed out. That would be what this is -- a dark ride coaster.

- Fantasia -- I'd really like to get some final thoughts on that by the end of the week as that is the thread we seem to be slipping on in regards to content.

- Alice in Wonderland -- at least a rough draft/outline of what the ride will be.

- Mr. Toad -- Aside from the facade, I'm not exactly sure what the status of this ride is.

- Continued progress on Beauty and the Beast/World's Fair/Discoveryland

@Poe Dameron I'm going to try some RCT3 for Mr. Toad -- I know you had mentioned doing some a few days ago but haven't heard back so if you want to do your own version of this feel free! -- But mouse coasters are generally pretty simple on RCT3 so I'll see what I can cook up!:bookworm:
We could make it more like a Maurer Spinner like Crush's Coaster.

To be honest, Crush's Coaster is like an E-ticket that is sparse on theming rather than SDMT where the length makes it a D. It is a very thrilling coaster compared to even Space Mountain as it curves with the curves. It's a neat attraction especially on account of its show scenes that you accelerate and then slow down between them. Imagine a curve down a 40-foot drop and then it curves even more. Very fun though. Are we making it similar to that?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

To be honest, Crush's Coaster is like an E-ticket that is sparse on theming rather than SDMT where the length makes it a D. It is a very thrilling coaster compared to even Space Mountain as it curves with the curves. It's a neat attraction especially on account of its show scenes that you accelerate and then slow down between them. Imagine a curve down a 40-foot drop and then it curves even more. Very fun though. Are we making it similar to that?
I would say in the middle of Primeval Whirl and the Barnstormer -- but since it hasn't really been discussed yet, it's open to discussion.

As much as this is an ultimate Fantasyland -- I do wanna make sure that Mr. Toad doesn't go above a C or D, so we don't have too many E-tickets. :bookworm:

DlpPhantom

I could make this in planet coaster if that's what we want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom