Club 32 Lounge

MCParradox

Speaking of IPs that we'd like to see, an underrated movie that I'd like to see included would be Treasure Planet. I've often toyed with the concept of a fantasy/future steampunky crossover between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, roughly where the Speedway sits. A Treasure Planet attraction would fit in perfectly with this sort of area. In fact, a few years ago I drew up a few ideas based on the Peter Pan's Flight ride system, with suspended boats on an overhead rail. It was pretty cool if I do say so myself!

Another IP I'd like to see included somewhere, though maybe not in Fantasyland, would be Zootopia. Its an amazing film with great environments and lots of potential for a narrative dark ride or something of the like.

warfelg

Another IP I'd like to see included somewhere, though maybe not in Fantasyland, would be Zootopia. Its an amazing film with great environments and lots of potential for a narrative dark ride or something of the like.

I think using space in The Land pavilion or doing something at Animal Kingdom would be great for Zootopia. I do get the feeling Disney is going to make a big franchise (like Toy Story or Cars) off of the concept.

Imagineerland

So I normally stay out of the competitions and stuff here just because I prefer to work at a slower pace and end up kind of working and planning through a variety of projects at once. My project list of requests and inspirations keeps me busy and I want to focus on that.

But if this is just a more casual brainstorming thread for discussing thoughts about design, I'm definitely interested. I may not be constantly involved, but I'll give thoughts when I feel like there's something I can say. So thanks for mentioning me.

Some of the discussions might overlap with things I am starting to think about too, so this may be beneficial all around.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
So I normally stay out of the competitions and stuff here just because I prefer to work at a slower pace and end up kind of working and planning through a variety of projects at once. My project list of requests and inspirations keeps me busy and I want to focus on that.

But if this is just a more casual brainstorming thread for discussing thoughts about design, I'm definitely interested. I may not be constantly involved, but I'll give thoughts when I feel like there's something I can say. So thanks for mentioning me.

Some of the discussions might overlap with things I am starting to think about too, so this may be beneficial all around.
That is wonderful to hear! So happy to see you here! And yes it's very casual and laid back. No deadlines or anything. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Speaking of IPs that we'd like to see, an underrated movie that I'd like to see included would be Treasure Planet. I've often toyed with the concept of a fantasy/future steampunky crossover between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, roughly where the Speedway sits. A Treasure Planet attraction would fit in perfectly with this sort of area. In fact, a few years ago I drew up a few ideas based on the Peter Pan's Flight ride system, with suspended boats on an overhead rail. It was pretty cool if I do say so myself!

I agree with Zootopia! That really does have a lot of great environments to explore.

Imagineerland

Above I saw discussion of some kind of peoplemover-ish thing for Fantasyland. A few years ago when I was doing some thoughts on an original resort, I looked at trying to include an environment tour attraction in each land, just because I really love what the Peoplemover does for Tomorrowland. Kinetics, exploratory tour of the land, the ability to add multiple dimensions of experience in a single attraction. Its a great concept for any land if it is themed properly and disappears into the environment.

Don't know if it would work for the MK Fantasyland because it is a little crowded, but the general concept makes sense. Definitely traditional peoplemover would be out of theme, and I personally think the skyway systems are too intrusive. So in that plan a few years ago, I decided on Casey Jr. Circus Train that weaved through and under and over the paths of a pretty expansive and green Fantasyland.

I don't know the level of realism we want to be going for here (as in removing attractions vs working with what we have), but if your going all out with a restart, Casey Jr could work.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
So a little offtopic, but what types of programs do most of you use to make your art for your concepts? I need to find a way to put images to my words.
Some free tools for art:

Paint.net is a great tool
Krita something that @MCParradox introduced me to!
Blender - for 3D renderings.
Inkscape - kinda like paint.net but more geometric shapes
Sketch Up - another 3D render program

And if you pay for Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc...thats another tool to use!

I'm sure there is more but hope that helps!

StevenU

Above I saw discussion of some kind of peoplemover-ish thing for Fantasyland. A few years ago when I was doing some thoughts on an original resort, I looked at trying to include an environment tour attraction in each land, just because I really love what the Peoplemover does for Tomorrowland. Kinetics, exploratory tour of the land, the ability to add multiple dimensions of experience in a single attraction. Its a great concept for any land if it is themed properly and disappears into the environment.

Don't know if it would work for the MK Fantasyland because it is a little crowded, but the general concept makes sense. Definitely traditional peoplemover would be out of theme, and I personally think the skyway systems are too intrusive. So in that plan a few years ago, I decided on Casey Jr. Circus Train that weaved through and under and over the paths of a pretty expansive and green Fantasyland.

I don't know the level of realism we want to be going for here (as in removing attractions vs working with what we have), but if your going all out with a restart, Casey Jr could work.
A Casey Jr. Train was exactly what I was thinking too!

MonorailRed

Applebees
@spacemt354

Grand.png

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

Very interested in this idea!

I'm a big fan of kinetics in lands -- and I think interweaving a family train through the land could bring an air of whimsy to the area.

LSCreative

I would love to help out possibly designing a stage show for the new fantasyland? I personally would love to see a musical mashup of some of Disney's popular Princess IPs.

I have attached a quick picture from my latest 3D project, just to show my capabilities. This is the start of the stage for Mickey and the Magician from Disneyland Paris. I currently work in the theatrical production industry in Australia, so have quite a bit of knowledge that I would be happy to lend to this project.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 5.18.20 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 5.18.20 pm.png
    230.1 KB · Views: 56

Brer Oswald

I think that was the original intent of the Casey Jr. Ride, judging by its original audio, and it could definitely be expanded here!

FigmentPigments

This is really good! I think the transition would work too. The inn from Treasure Planet has a lot of architecture that is reminiscent of Fantasyland.
treasure-planet-11.png

From there you could segway into other areas. I like this idea, MC!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom