Club 32 Lounge

FigmentPigments

Perhaps all Disney composers who are also Disney Legends for the trains?
So obviously that means Howard Ashman and Alan Menken and the Shermans because those are the four you think of when you think of Disney composers.
Is Michael Giacchino a Disney Legend? If not, boo to Disney. If so, he should be one of the namesakes.
How many trains do we have anyways?
I don't think he is only because his work is too "new". That's my theory anyway. :bookworm:

Alan Mencken - a Disney legend
Howard Ashman - a Disney legend
The Sherman Brothers - maybe one for each ? - a Disney legend
George Bruns - a Disney legend
Xavier Atencio - a Disney legend
Leigh Harline - Not a Disney legend

FigmentPigments

Next up we have a submission on Theme Park Apprentice 4 (a comp run on the Theme Park Insider threads) by a wdwmagic member @BryceM -- called Disney's EarthSea Adventure Park.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/news/response.cfm?ID=945509237

I would definitely take a look at this because especially the world showcase feel -- imo this leans a little too heavy on DisneySEA but is still an awesome park. @D Hindley might have seen this submission too :)
I definitely should not have read this one. Now this is the park I want to build. :hilarious:

FigmentPigments

To help offer some inspiration for themes/ideas for the 2nd park - I went back through some old threads in the imagineer forum to research ideas that other people have had in the past. Maybe those ideas can serve as jumping off points for us to come up with some new ideas of our own!

Dating back all the way to 2006 -- @KentB3 has a bunch of theme park ideas for Disney listed in this thread including an aquatic theme park which I found interesting. Maybe Kent can elaborate further on that!:geek:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-new-and-improved-ultimate-disney-project.77403/
This one really struck me as it would be a great way to incorporate a lot of things into one.

For example, if we started out as explorers of the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, travel below the ocean to discover Atlantis (from the movie), as we exit the vehicle we are in another part of the building (still under the sea) to explore Atlantis and eventually visit with Nemo and friends and the Great Barrier Reef, we then head into Seabase Alpha (where we learn about conservation and wildlife), before we head back up to the Marine Life Institute (Finding Dory) who originally sent Seabase Alpha to study the depths of the ocean.

This covers a lot of bases: IPs (if we want), non-IPs (Seabase Alpha), transportation (submarines), a mix of Animal Kingdom/Epcot (conservation and wildlife of a real place int he world (Great Barrier Reef)), SEA members (Captain Nemo ? or the leading expert at Seabase Alpha) and Beastly Kingdomme (add in Mythical sea creatures (like the Leviathan from from the Atlantis movie).

Thoughts?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
This one really struck me as it would be a great way to incorporate a lot of things into one.

For example, if we started out as explorers of the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, travel below the ocean to discover Atlantis (from the movie), as we exit the vehicle we are in another part of the building (still under the sea) to explore Atlantis and eventually visit with Nemo and friends and the Great Barrier Reef, we then head into Seabase Alpha (where we learn about conservation and wildlife), before we head back up to the Marine Life Institute (Finding Dory) who originally sent Seabase Alpha to study the depths of the ocean.

This covers a lot of bases: IPs (if we want), non-IPs (Seabase Alpha), transportation (submarines), a mix of Animal Kingdom/Epcot (conservation and wildlife of a real place int he world (Great Barrier Reef)), SEA members (Captain Nemo ? or the leading expert at Seabase Alpha) and Beastly Kingdomme (add in Mythical sea creatures (like the Leviathan from from the Atlantis movie).

Thoughts?
I remember having Atlantis as an attraction and I'm all for it! Kinda like explorers of the world -- of sea, land, and air.

StevenU

Next one I found was from @ChrisFL who had a Sky resort concept!
parkmap2_zpsb38299a1.png

As well as a variety of other concept art pieces that I hadn't seen until today - very cool stuff!:)
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/some-of-my-concepts.886831/

Reminds me also of a park I think @D Hindley designed which was DisneySky
This is such a cool idea @ChrisFL :happy:

Imagineerland

I've been trying to start tonight and have hit some trouble with our Fantasia entry land since "Fantasia" isn't really one style or setting. I am very hesitant to do it as mash up style, and think a single place and story would work better. Not sure where I should be going with it, so to those of you who had the most thoughts about this land, was there a particular single segment in Fantasia that you were thinking about? Realize though that this setting needs to have a reason to have buildings, which makes a lot of Fantasia not work since it's heavily nature themed in certain segments.

Ideally, I would suggest a completely original fantastical village in the setting of the sorcerers apprentice. A little medieval, a little fantasy, a lot eclectic in the style of world where there is magic. The village could then be bordered by the Fantasia gardens style areas leading to the castle. Is that aligning with your visions?

Secondly, the inclusion of the Concert Hall dining venue is giving me some logic trouble. If were in the world of the music, then the concert hall is like one level of reality above us. It shouldn't exist in the same setting. So proposal: instead of a train station being the entrance to the park, lets make the concert hall the entrance to the park. You literally walk through the music into the world of the film. And the dining venue can be on the second level, looking out into the park. And then I can look into relocating the train station somewhere else in this entry village. I think this makes more sense and would be better planning logic to really center and highlight this concept creating venue.

Let me know your thoughts, and hopefully tomorrow and into next week I can figure out how to approach this and get some progress made on the entrance land.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I've been trying to start tonight and have hit some trouble with our Fantasia entry land since "Fantasia" isn't really one style or setting. I am very hesitant to do it as mash up style, and think a single place and story would work better. Not sure where I should be going with it, so to those of you who had the most thoughts about this land, was there a particular single segment in Fantasia that you were thinking about? Realize though that this setting needs to have a reason to have buildings, which makes a lot of Fantasia not work since it's heavily nature themed in certain segments.

Ideally, I would suggest a completely original fantastical village in the setting of the sorcerers apprentice. A little medieval, a little fantasy, a lot eclectic in the style of world where there is magic. The village could then be bordered by the Fantasia gardens style areas leading to the castle. Is that aligning with your visions?

Secondly, the inclusion of the Concert Hall dining venue is giving me some logic trouble. If were in the world of the music, then the concert hall is like one level of reality above us. It shouldn't exist in the same setting. So proposal: instead of a train station being the entrance to the park, lets make the concert hall the entrance to the park. You literally walk through the music into the world of the film. And the dining venue can be on the second level, looking out into the park. And then I can look into relocating the train station somewhere else in this entry village. I think this makes more sense and would be better planning logic to really center and highlight this concept creating venue.

Let me know your thoughts, and hopefully tomorrow and into next week I can figure out how to approach this and get some progress made on the entrance land.
I don't think that we need to adjust the entire entrance around one segment from Fantasia. From what I remember, and from the castle design itself, this is a Fantasia inspired land rather than a carbon copy of each individual style mashed together, which gives us flexibility to create a cohesive blend of architectural design that flows through the natural elements of Fantasia.

However, I am fine with making the concert hall the entrance, though a bit hesitant on how that will look from Sydney Springs, but that can be readjusted. Especially since Red's train design has the musical Fantasia theme, with the musical notes in the coal car, etc - that could work well and make sense to have the concert hall as the entrance

D Hulk

I don't think that we need to adjust the entire entrance around one segment from Fantasia. From what I remember, and from the castle design itself, this is a Fantasia inspired land rather than a carbon copy of each individual style mashed together, which gives us flexibility to create a cohesive blend of architectural design that flows through the natural elements of Fantasia.

However, I am fine with making the concert hall the entrance, though a bit hesitant on how that will look from Sydney Springs, but that can be readjusted. Especially since Red's train design has the musical Fantasia theme, with the musical notes in the coal car, etc - that could work well and make sense to have the concert hall as the entrance
Briefly, I can easily see the concert hall as entry, with the "Town Square" area past it holding the elevated train station at the far end. To an extent, it would be like Disneyland Paris' entry, where guests first pass under the hotel, then the trains.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
For instance take the 3 pieces of concept art we have for Fantasia Gardens so far
fantasiafinal1-jpg.202614

avemariagrotto-png.205122

trains-png.206636

And take the options we have for the entrance

Attractions
Disneyland Railroad (featuring the Rite of Spring) - A-Ticket
Horse-Drawn Carriages - A-Ticket
Ave Maria Walk-Through - B-Ticket
Firebird Suite Walk-Through - B-Ticket

Restaurants
TS - Concert Hall
QS - Bacchus's Winery and Mediterranean Bites
QS - Jaccus's Fruit Cart
QS - Yo-Yo Flamingo Ice Cream Shop
QS - Rhapsody in Brew

Shops
Dance of the Hours
The Steadfast Tin Soldier
Pines of Rome
Toccata and Fugue
Carnation Gardens - Flower Shop

Entertainment
Ballet Dancers - walk-around
Pomp and Circumstance Donald/Daisy - walk-around
Meet the Soundtrack - little Fantasia intermission with an anthropomorphized sound line
Piano and Drum Trolley - walk-around
Flamingo Pool - real flamingo pool similar to Disney's Animal Kingdom
Clair du Lune - Features herons in the Florida everglades

Many of them are inspired by the natural beauty scenes of Fantasia. A mix of Greco-Roman designs as well as naturalistic coves that can take inspiration from the film can be the cohesive designs for the shops/buildings.
Centaurs-Centaurettes-fantasia-35769246-500-375.jpg

Several of the quaint shops can be built into the natural settings in the gardens and/or built in to blend with the commonplace greco-roman building designs scattered throughout the land.

The only shop I could see causing a bit of an issue is the steadfast tin soldier, however, perhaps that could be attached in the concert hall or within the Fantasia Castle, rather than out in the Gardens.
53acfc5f2c3eb33ccd0fe16e8837149c.jpg

MonorailRed

Applebees
For instance take the 3 pieces of concept art we have for Fantasia Gardens so far
fantasiafinal1-jpg.202614

avemariagrotto-png.205122

trains-png.206636

And take the options we have for the entrance

Attractions
Disneyland Railroad (featuring the Rite of Spring) - A-Ticket
Horse-Drawn Carriages - A-Ticket
Ave Maria Walk-Through - B-Ticket
Firebird Suite Walk-Through - B-Ticket

Restaurants
TS - Concert Hall
QS - Bacchus's Winery and Mediterranean Bites
QS - Jaccus's Fruit Cart
QS - Yo-Yo Flamingo Ice Cream Shop
QS - Rhapsody in Brew

Shops
Dance of the Hours
The Steadfast Tin Soldier
Pines of Rome
Toccata and Fugue
Carnation Gardens - Flower Shop

Entertainment
Ballet Dancers - walk-around
Pomp and Circumstance Donald/Daisy - walk-around
Meet the Soundtrack - little Fantasia intermission with an anthropomorphized sound line
Piano and Drum Trolley - walk-around
Flamingo Pool - real flamingo pool similar to Disney's Animal Kingdom
Clair du Lune - Features herons in the Florida everglades

Many of them are inspired by the natural beauty scenes of Fantasia. A mix of Greco-Roman designs as well as naturalistic coves that can take inspiration from the film can be the cohesive designs for the shops/buildings.
Centaurs-Centaurettes-fantasia-35769246-500-375.jpg

Several of the quaint shops can be built into the natural settings in the gardens and/or built in to blend with the commonplace greco-roman building designs scattered throughout the land.

The only shop I could see causing a bit of an issue is the steadfast tin soldier, however, perhaps that could be attached in the concert hall or within the Fantasia Castle, rather than out in the Gardens.
53acfc5f2c3eb33ccd0fe16e8837149c.jpg
This was what I was picturing :bookworm: The entrance would be inspired by the scenes of Fantasia..... but be our own thing. That way all the different areas can blend together with our naturalistic entrance. A fantasy version of the Oasis mixed with a central main street.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
This was what I was picturing :bookworm: The entrance would be inspired by the scenes of Fantasia..... but be our own thing. That way all the different areas can blend together with our naturalistic entrance. A fantasy version of the Oasis mixed with a central main street.
Exactly.

For the sake of example, let's assume the railroad station is morphed with the concert hall table service on the second floor (so I removed it from the sketch below)

After guests enter through the curtained walkways below the station, in front of them is a main street filled with fantasy greco-roman buildings containing shops and quick service venues, with colorful trees, plants, and water elements accenting their presence down the central Main Street. To complete the aesthetic, horse drawn carriages act as our main street vehicles, transporting guests from the central hub and back to the station.

On both sides of the main street are even more naturalistic walkways deep through Fantasia Gardens. Shop/QS elements are tucked away in coves, part of the natural environment, similar to and taking inspiration from forested sequences of Fantasia such as the Pastoral Symphony. There's exhibits/entertainment that you can see along the way, however -- all roads lead to the central hub and despite the more adventurous feel, you never lose sight of the weenie castle, and the roads never veer too far off so as to get lost. It is simply entering a fantastical world to transport you into a theme park of fantasy in a unique way never before done at a Magic Kingdom park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom