Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I really need to get a job where I can have access to the outside world.
Me after all nighters.
benchwarmers-howie-hates-sun-o.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I had chance to do a quick look over this morning but I've been extremely busy with life the last two days.

Agreed. This would be better. I want this to stay.

I would have no idea. Never heard of it but I trust your opinion.

I love Star Wars hence why I was at celebration at the weekend. I would love this. IF we did this would we go for an original planet or base it on an existing planet like Coruscant, Endor, Mos Eisley on Tatooine or even the new planet for the new SWBF 2 Vardos. Vardos would be interesting as it would all be seen from the point of view of the Empire.

I thought about a sort of Indian Jungle theme which is where the Jungle Book is set and would also be able to home to Jungle Cruise.

A lot of what i've seen is great and again @D Hindley the Tiki Room Dark Ride looks incredible and you have done an outstanding job. When I get the time I will post two write ups of Pirates of the Caribbean one based around 'On Stranger Tides' and one a more original plot.
I don't think @MonorailRed will mind -- I really like this design for Pirates
13006729_1337582502923912_4219004424970676370_n.jpg

And it goes well with our island theme.

A few more thoughts...

This might be obvious, but Trader Sam's? Or an Enchanted Tiki Bar (More Red art. )
13001074_1337577882924374_8229333601641792591_n.jpg

Pirate playground for Kids?
12968063_1337592409589588_383649605002640085_o.jpg

-------------------

If you need help I'd love to design some of the smaller areas of adventureland that flesh it all out -- while you and others can handle the main attractions!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Lots of random thoughts as discussion progresses.

This new entry concept is intriguing. I take it that everything up until guests pass under the train tunnels is going to be themed to old Sydney, and then it transitions to this fantasy forest concept, which quickly passes under some Australian jungle canopy for a grand reveal of the castle and lagoon. Neat! How much is this entry forest going to be shopping-free like DAK's Oasis, or are we going to pepper in shopping and dining elements appropriately without them becoming overwhelming?

For parades in this layout (I think this has been said), how about a circular route around the "hub" lagoon, with parade storage (start and end points) both being up near Fantasyland. Basically, something similar to what I think Shanghai does.

For castle shows (which are an unknown quantity out here in Anaheim), could the castle bulge out more into the lagoon - basically cut the lagoon into like a crescent stage shape - to create more viewable area and more room inside for the castle attractions?

@JackWatkinson, maybe the Jungle Cruise could become the multi-land water transportation attraction for the park's whole west side. In Adventureland it could have additional show scenes, like how the railroad goes to the Grand Canyon and Primeval World, with those scenes in an Indian Jungle Book style like you've proposed. (Favreau's recent live action Jungle Book maybe?)

Villains Land: Dunno where we stand, but I actually think from recent attraction lineups @spacemt354 has provided that we could create even more unique rides and elements. Maleficent thorn maze - like a darker Paris Alice maze. Ursula "monster ride" flat spinner. Dr. Facilier voodoo shop. DeVille Manor fashion store. Chateau Tremaine French dining. Yzma's lab. A whole Pinocchio Pleasure Island sub-area. Hook's Skull Rock. Okay, I'm just freeform rambling again.

Havin' fun!
With the Haunted Mansion departure from Villains Land it really leaves a lot to explore! I say the more ideas the better then we can condense.

My thoughts though for major attractions would be they have to be villains that have stood the test of time, and not featured prominently in other Fantasyland or MK rides.

For instance I would stray away from Captain Hook or the Queen of Hearts...since both will be features in the Fantasyland E ticket attractions.

That's why I came up with the idea for Scar and Ursula to be featured with attractions...since we never discussed Lion King or Little Mermaid rides...it would give them a place to be featured AND those films are Disney classics that have stood the test of time (along with the Nightmare Before Christmas even though it has more cult following)

Then for lesser named villains...I LOVE the Dr. Facilier voodoo shop -- and look we already have art for it! On the first page
@FigmentPigments
full

@Brer Oswald
full

Those types of areas would really flesh out the whole landscape.

Also @Disney Dad 3000 for the Villains Academy its designed like University building -- which I think would be a funny spoof for an exterior like they are "teaching you" how to be a villain. We could get really creative with the queue...maybe going through a trophy room of past accomplishments and gags. :p Or traveling to detention -- where villains like kronk are because he's too nice. Stuff like that

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I feel like we can sneak in shopping and dining quite easily in this area.... Just make them subtly there.... Maybe hidden in rock formations or in Greek themed Architecture.

09710d423e5518da090881d2e61cfe07.png

For the Lagoon.... I feel like we could also use this picture for some inspiration....

fantas1.jpg

Love this idea! I feel like it would work incredibly well!

I can do that.... Let me edit the area a bit and see if I can add more of your and england's ideas to the entrance. :D

Love this idea as well! :D

Sounds odd but maybe we could add a bit of GMR flair to that by having a different "Skipper" take over the boat depending on the land traveled? For example, A Cowboy makes a getaway in Frontierland and steals the boat from the Skipper From Adventureland, The Cowboy gets attacked by something in Pacific Wharf and gets switched out with a Pacific Wharf Captian? o_O

I love your ideas for Villains land, I feel like they could really even out the area. :D

Since it's connected to Alice in Wonderland, I think a Queen of Hearts Transition could work quite well over there as well. :bookworm:

I feel like we could add something.... Maybe a Pizza Planet/Dave and Busters style Restaurant? Like a ton of Pleasure Island games and such in a Quick Service.
Also I will say those images are perfect for the Fantasia Gardens hub -- it actually clears my mind up a lot with this new entrance because now Figment can do whatever she wants with Fantasia castle and it will blend in nicely without having to worry about trying to cram colonial or more realistic entrances into a fanciful castle.

As for Pleasure Island I am also a fan -- and it might be overkill...but what if that was an island in the back of the park (on an actual island) similar to the Alcatraz concept we were doing for Pacific Wharf.

latest

Would be very neat scenery.

The Excavator

Do fancy working on Lost Coast? I had ideas to theme based on Mayan temples, cities of gold particularly something around city of the caesars , Peru’s Machu Picchu, and the ornate European towns constructed by the arriving Spanish. But I would love to see what you could come up with!

Also @spacemt354 I have been working on the pirates of the caribbean it will be similar to shanghai with the fact that it will use modern technology as well as physical theming. I'm working on putting the scenes together, thought i'd mention because you seemed quite interested in what would be happening so I can tell you that it will take more from the films and feature some of your suggested music!
Sure I'll work on that with you:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I'm going to make a master list of ideas so far for these lands. Some "confirmed" I'll label accordingly like the Tower of Terror in Pacific Wharf and so on.
I'll also post it to the first post in this thread...so it won't be on page 132 or whatever...if anyone needs to check it will always be on the first post of the thread as a reference!:bookworm:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I'm just back home, but too tired to do much tonight. I will try to pull together a few thoughts tomorrow and perhaps pull a few of those who expressed interest in working on the Century 22 project over the thread about Horizons. This thread... now up to more than 150 pages is hard to follow.
Don't worry about this thread for following along on the Century 22 attraction -- we can go back to the smaller Horizons thread to brainstorm. :)

D Hulk

Hey @spacemt354 (and others)! I'm starting to think in more concrete terms about the Chinatown dark ride for Pacific Wharf, so some questions. What's the status of Museum of the Weird, either in Pacific Wharf or elsewhere, and what sort of attraction is it likely to be, in terms of tone and ride mechanism (if any)? Is it going to be like a Mystic Manor thing?

Also, is anyone yet planning on doing an interactive shooter ride like Buzz Lightyear? A next-gen version of this ride type might actually work better for Chinatown as I'm seeing it than a trackless ride would (as I first proposed). Thinking of a sort of "Ghostbusters meets Gremlins" scenario involving capturing escaped creatures from Chinese myth running amok through old Chinatown.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hey @spacemt354 (and others)! I'm starting to think in more concrete terms about the Chinatown dark ride for Pacific Wharf, so some questions. What's the status of Museum of the Weird, either in Pacific Wharf or elsewhere, and what sort of attraction is it likely to be, in terms of tone and ride mechanism (if any)? Is it going to be like a Mystic Manor thing?

Also, is anyone yet planning on doing an interactive shooter ride like Buzz Lightyear? A next-gen version of this ride type might actually work better for Chinatown as I'm seeing it than a trackless ride would (as I first proposed). Thinking of a sort of "Ghostbusters meets Gremlins" scenario involving capturing escaped creatures from Chinese myth running amok through old Chinatown.
That sounds like fun! I think @FigmentPigments was working on the Museum of the Weird concept -- if I remember correctly she (through Megan) had said it would be a Mystic Manor style attraction -- but I'm assuming its a walkthrough like the original planned attraction?
mystic-manor-sunrise-side-M.jpg

mystic-manor-hong-kong-disneyland-gate-night-M.jpg

StevenU

I'm just back home, but too tired to do much tonight. I will try to pull together a few thoughts tomorrow and perhaps pull a few of those who expressed interest in working on the Century 22 project over the thread about Horizons. This thread... now up to more than 150 pages is hard to follow.
I'll check out the other thread. I think I've seen it before.

StevenU

I don't think @MonorailRed will mind -- I really like this design for Pirates
13006729_1337582502923912_4219004424970676370_n.jpg

And it goes well with our island theme.

A few more thoughts...

This might be obvious, but Trader Sam's? Or an Enchanted Tiki Bar (More Red art. )
13001074_1337577882924374_8229333601641792591_n.jpg

Pirate playground for Kids?
12968063_1337592409589588_383649605002640085_o.jpg

-------------------

If you need help I'd love to design some of the smaller areas of adventureland that flesh it all out -- while you and others can handle the main attractions!
@MonorailRed your artwork is beautiful.

D Hulk

That sounds like fun! I think @FigmentPigments was working on the Museum of the Weird concept -- if I remember correctly she (through Megan) had said it would be a Mystic Manor style attraction -- but I'm assuming its a walkthrough like the original planned attraction?
mystic-manor-sunrise-side-M.jpg

mystic-manor-hong-kong-disneyland-gate-night-M.jpg
I look forward to seeing what @FigmentPigments has in store for us...at her leisure. Get well first!

I think my idea for Chinatown shouldn't overlap at all with her project. Will try to hash out a ridethrough within the week if possible and we'll see.

@MonorailRed, were you planning on a saloon show in Frontierland? Did some research on old timey San Francisco, and saloons (actually run by Australian gangsters!) were quite common there circa 1905. Might be a fun way to do a variation on The Golden Horseshoe.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I look forward to seeing what @FigmentPigments has in store for us...at her leisure. Get well first!

I think my idea for Chinatown shouldn't overlap at all with her project. Will try to hash out a ridethrough within the week if possible and we'll see.

@MonorailRed, were you planning on a saloon show in Frontierland? Did some research on old timey San Francisco, and saloons (actually run by Australian gangsters!) were quite common there circa 1905. Might be a fun way to do a variation on The Golden Horseshoe.
I could see that saloon working really well as a transition between the two lands next to the Frontierland train station!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom