Club 32 - Fantasia, Fantasyland Project

kap91

Quick bit of trolling around the internet and found this.

"Something cool I heard from a friend at Walt Disney Imagineering: the incredibly complex ride system used in Musical Circus was actually designed for a never-built ride for an unnamed Pavilion at Epcot. It makes a whole lot of sense for an Epcot ride if you think about it, kind of a "Carousel Theater 2.0". The capacity on Musical Circus is ENORMOUS, especially it's capability of 5 (!) circular platform ride vehicles, that not only lift up into the show scenes, rotate 360 degrees around, move DOWN out of the show scenes and then amazingly move across forward (and sometimes diagonally) through the tripped out fiber-optic starfield world. The ride system is crazy expensive, which explains why we never got it at Epcot. It's not trackless (the LPS system used in Pooh's Hunny Hunt & Aquatopia at TDR) but rather the guided wire system used in Ellen's Energy Adventure and the 4th Dimension sequence in Orlando's Tower of Terror. "http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38591&start=470

Definitely has increased my idea of what I think is even feasible in a ride system.

spacemt354

Chili's
Ran across this today

It's freaking bizarre but the ride system really intriguied me. Seems like a traveling theater of sorts of the kind we're talking about. I mean it doesn't split - but it looks like it changes levels and moves about in an interesting way.

Quick bit of trolling around the internet and found this.

"Something cool I heard from a friend at Walt Disney Imagineering: the incredibly complex ride system used in Musical Circus was actually designed for a never-built ride for an unnamed Pavilion at Epcot. It makes a whole lot of sense for an Epcot ride if you think about it, kind of a "Carousel Theater 2.0". The capacity on Musical Circus is ENORMOUS, especially it's capability of 5 (!) circular platform ride vehicles, that not only lift up into the show scenes, rotate 360 degrees around, move DOWN out of the show scenes and then amazingly move across forward (and sometimes diagonally) through the tripped out fiber-optic starfield world. The ride system is crazy expensive, which explains why we never got it at Epcot. It's not trackless (the LPS system used in Pooh's Hunny Hunt & Aquatopia at TDR) but rather the guided wire system used in Ellen's Energy Adventure and the 4th Dimension sequence in Orlando's Tower of Terror. "http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38591&start=470

Definitely has increased my idea of what I think is even feasible in a ride system.
Great finds here.

I definitely agree with the first video -- it looks like a very interesting ride system.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I think this project for very caught up in finding a cool ride system that we kinda lost track of the actual ride. I vote we simplify a bit. Something like a boat ride. Allow the visuals and music to be the star more than the ride vehicle.

Have a Fantasia boat ride focused on the shorts other than Sorcerer's Apprentice and Chernabog downstairs. A Yensid walkthrough upstairs. And Chernabog in the Villains land (is he still a part of that?)

spacemt354

Chili's
I think this project for very caught up in finding a cool ride system that we kinda lost track of the actual ride. I vote we simplify a bit. Something like a boat ride. Allow the visuals and music to be the star more than the ride vehicle.

Have a Fantasia boat ride focused on the shorts other than Sorcerer's Apprentice and Chernabog downstairs. A Yensid walkthrough upstairs. And Chernabog in the Villains land (is he still a part of that?)
Chernabog should be part of @orlando678- 's hydrocoaster in the Villains Land last I checked, but he can confirm on that.

And I agree this part of the project has gotten a bit cluttered with the original people heading it not as active anymore. A boat ride works for me! Originally I think I had suggested a Sorcerer's Apprentice Boat Ride. I have some concept art all ready for it as well
32516799916_cc426c7c79_b.jpg

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Chernabog should be part of @orlando678- 's hydrocoaster in the Villains Land last I checked, but he can confirm on that.

And I agree this part of the project has gotten a bit cluttered with the original people heading it not as active anymore. A boat ride works for me! Originally I think I had suggested a Sorcerer's Apprentice Boat Ride. I have some concept art all ready for it as well
32516799916_cc426c7c79_b.jpg
I like it. We could simplify even more by having the Yensid's Tower walkthrough be the queue. That gives us one ride to work on and we can focus entirely on what made the movie great: visuals and music. Once we get the basic ride through done, we can discuss if the more creative ride systems would work better

MA Screamin'

Original Poster
@MA Screamin' -- first off...hope you've been well. Secondly -- any more thoughts for Fantasia? :D

I've been okay. If I've been free, that's a another story. So much schoolwork.

I honestly don't, and I don't wanna share anything that's half*ss, so hopefully Sunday, I can delve right back in. I don't want to hurt this project any longer, so we'll chat then :)

spacemt354

Chili's
I've been okay. If I've been free, that's a another story. So much schoolwork.

I honestly don't, and I don't wanna share anything that's half*ss, so hopefully Sunday, I can delve right back in. I don't want to hurt this project any longer, so we'll chat then :)
No don't worry you've had great contributions -- this weekend is fine! And school comes first. Looking forward to it!

spacemt354

Chili's
I think the boat ride would do very well in this. I can see the brooms poring water into the boat chanel as you pass by. I can get behind this. If nobody minds, I'd like to proceed with this.
Sorry for so many posts in a row, but are we thinking only Fantasia and not Fantasia 2? I have an idea about the ending scene, but don't want to assume anything. :bookworm:
Just go right ahead with your vision for it!:) Free reign!:D

spacemt354

Chili's
Morning everyone!

@FigmentPigments in regards to the Fantasia Castle -- did you still want to design it? Only reason why I ask is I know you have a lot on your plate (not only with the doctors, but Ratigans, Sorcerer's Apprentice, and Big Hero 6 as well) so if you needed anyone to draw up a few sketches for it...and then post the sketches and you choose which one you like best, or you give a description of what you want, and someone else draws it up, we can do that!

I know @MonorailRed had offered to help with that too! But just wanted to ask first!

FigmentPigments

Morning everyone!

@FigmentPigments in regards to the Fantasia Castle -- did you still want to design it? Only reason why I ask is I know you have a lot on your plate (not only with the doctors, but Ratigans, Sorcerer's Apprentice, and Big Hero 6 as well) so if you needed anyone to draw up a few sketches for it...and then post the sketches and you choose which one you like best, or you give a description of what you want, and someone else draws it up, we can do that!

I know @MonorailRed had offered to help with that too! But just wanted to ask first!
Figment says red is more than welcome to do this castle. She has complete faith in reds abilities. Figment said she was going to do a rain version of the castle where designs show up on the castle when it's wet so if red would like to do that too she can. Figment says that she was mainly going to write up the castle description and the surrounding area like fantasia gardens ??? She said that you guys were talking about the landscaping taking cues from Fantasia and Disneyland paris.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom