Club 32 - Beauty and the Beast, Fantasyland Project

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Also @OvertheHorizon I know you mentioned working on an Epcot pavilion -- if you'd like, I had this idea for starting a weekly/monthly thread called the Mickey Monitor (like the magazine) where every few weeks is a new misc. brainstorming topic that anyone on the forum can work on.

If you'd like I can start that up -- and the first topic can be a new Epcot Pavilion!

FigmentPigments

STAGE THREE

The theater rotates to reveal a stage very similar to the last one. A concave Castle wall with a large storybook. In this scene, audioanimatronic figures of Mrs. Potts and Chip are on either side of the storybook. Musical underscoring is heard.
View attachment 195782
Chip begins by asking his mother if they are always going to be "this way."
She explains that there is always hope. The curse will end when the beast learns to love and be loved in return.
Mrs. Potts tells chip about the girl who has come to the castle (at this point, the storybook shares the images of Belle coming to rescue her father, being discovered by the Beast, and taking her father's place).
She shares that this may be the only hope of reversing the curse. Perhaps the servants can convince him to give Belle a chance.
This segment ends with scenes of the rose in the West Wing, and Mrs. Potts explaining to Chip that they don't have much time. Once all of the rose petals have fallen the curse can never be reversed.

The theater rotates to the fourth stage.

STAGE FOUR

As the theater rotates, we see another castle wall with a stained glass window. The wall is concave this time, to provide room for an audioanimatronic of Lumiere:
View attachment 195783
This is the theater from which guests will exit from the pre-show and line up to board the ride portion of the attraction. Therefore, there is only about 45 seconds of time.
The stained glass window this time is the image of the rose left behind by the wicked enchantress.
View attachment 195784
Lumiere says, "Oh no, another rose petal has fallen. We will all be doomed." He shouts "off stage": "Cogsworth, did you see that? We must convince him. What if she is the one? She could be our only hope." He turns to the audience and says, "Come help us make Belle feel welcome."
Guests exit the theater to board the ride (similar to the way guests leave the stretching rooms at the Haunted Mansion to board their "doombuggies." Guests will walk down a corridor of the castle to the ride vehicles.
I am honestly impressed by this, Horizon.:eek: It really is a wonderful addition and a refreshing take on an attraction!

FigmentPigments

I know we were talking about scenes for the ride and this varies wildly from person to person but here's mine:

Belle in town (I can see villager's popping out from both side shouting Bonjour!) I think this is an important scene because it shows the villagers who play a role later and shows how Belle doesn't quite fit in here).

Maurice's ride through the forest (I pictured something along the forest chase scene in the old Snow White ride with glowing wolf eyes)

Transition scene of Belle finding her father locked away

Be Our Guest

Transition scene of traveling through the West Wing and seeing the Beast brood over a wilting rose

Ballroom scene (not really sure how to transition here from above)

The villagers marching through the forest with lit torches (popping out from behind rocks overhead)

Transition (funny fight scene between villagers and furniture)

Beast and Gaston on the roof (could be condensed into a transition)

Transformation (I like the idea of using the same ending tech as Mystic Manor when everyone swirls around the Monkey God.

Ending (moving stain glass window???)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I know we were talking about scenes for the ride and this varies wildly from person to person but here's mine:

Belle in town (I can see villager's popping out from both side shouting Bonjour!) I think this is an important scene because it shows the villagers who play a role later and shows how Belle doesn't quite fit in here).

Maurice's ride through the forest (I pictured something along the forest chase scene in the old Snow White ride with glowing wolf eyes)

Transition scene of Belle finding her father locked away

Be Our Guest

Transition scene of traveling through the West Wing and seeing the Beast brood over a wilting rose

Ballroom scene (not really sure how to transition here from above)

The villagers marching through the forest with lit torches (popping out from behind rocks overhead)

Transition (funny fight scene between villagers and furniture)

Transformation (I like the idea of using the same ending tech as Mystic Manor when everyone swirls around the Monkey God.

Ending (moving stain glass window???)
Just catching up on this -- I'm in favor of this direction for the ride (give or take one or two scenes) for flow sake

FigmentPigments

Maybe the transition between the west wing and the ballroom scene could be going past a window. Outside you see Belle and the Beast in the winter snow while an instrumental version of something there can be heard in the background.
That's perfect! I like that direction. I hated to lose that song, but so "much happens" here that it was tricky to fit it in and make sense.

orlando678-

Also for the ending it would be cool to have there be a hallway which transforms from dark to light ( gargoyles, plants etc) and then past the stained window which first features a dark castle and the cursed inhabitants but then changes to the human inhabitants and belle and prince adam can be seen holding each othet in the middle of the image. Possibly a human Lumiere and Cogsworth could wave at the guests and tell them to visit again soon.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Rough Draft for Beauty and the Beast

I will be honest I haven't seen this movie in a long time and haven't seen the new remake yet, so if anyone else has more experience with this go ahead, but I figured I would get the ball rolling. (Taken from prior brainstorming as well)

Scene 1 - The Village
42efe6347be3f54ebea9ebd222ac9e24.jpg

Guests ride past Belle in town. Villagers popping out from both side shouting Bonjour!) This is an important scene because it shows the villagers who play a role later and shows how Belle doesn't quite fit in here).

Scene 2 - The Forest
8a8f867daa11c651d1a1b30fc69620d9.jpg

Scene 2.5 - Transition
untitled-79.jpg

Transition scene of Belle finding her father locked away.

Scene 3 - Be Our Guest
Fullscreen-capture-4272016-44415-PM.bmp.jpg

The major show scene of the film will elaborate and expansive AAs - the Be Our Guest will showcase the music and fun from the film on a large scale.

Scene 3.5 - The Window
tumblr_inline_mfhw4aImu21qkkh1y.gif

In addition, the transition scene goes past a window. Outside you see Belle and the Beast in the winter snow while an instrumental version of something there can be heard in the background.

Scene 4 - Ballroom Dance
latest

Scene 5 - The March
the-mob.jpg

The villagers marching through the forest with lit torches (popping out from behind rocks overhead) Transition (funny fight scene between villagers and furniture)

Scene 6 - The Fight
1675110-bb3.jpg

Scene 7 - Transformation of the Beast
3299_5_large.jpg

Scene 8 - Finale
Ending (moving stain glass window.)

Also for the ending it would be cool to have there be a hallway which transforms from dark to light ( gargoyles, plants etc) and then past the stained window which first features a dark castle and the cursed inhabitants but then changes to the human inhabitants and belle and prince adam can be seen holding each other in the middle of the image. Possibly a human Lumiere and Cogsworth could wave at the guests and tell them to visit again soon.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Was this cut for the final draft? I don't see the dark ride on the map
For the time being the dark ride portion has been put on hold, but the area itself and the show is not.

The show basically because more than just a preshow and is really like an actual show even though it leaves on sort of a cliff-hanger. My idea instead of building an entire dark ride, is just to have the show lead into a walk-through portion through the castle that is acted out live -- telling the end of the Beauty and the Beast story -- instead of having a whole dark ride be for that.

The dark ride was cut because we had too much in Fantasyland and in order to fit other attractions in, Fantasyland needed to be condensed, so since this one didn't have much legs in terms of activity levels after the show, this was one of them.

CraniumCommand89

For the time being the dark ride portion has been put on hold, but the area itself and the show is not.

The show basically because more than just a preshow and is really like an actual show even though it leaves on sort of a cliff-hanger. My idea instead of building an entire dark ride, is just to have the show lead into a walk-through portion through the castle that is acted out live -- telling the end of the Beauty and the Beast story -- instead of having a whole dark ride be for that.

The dark ride was cut because we had too much in Fantasyland and in order to fit other attractions in, Fantasyland needed to be condensed, so since this one didn't have much legs in terms of activity levels after the show, this was one of them.
Ok that makes sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom