1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Closest Publix or Other Grocery Store to Disney Property?

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by DisneyPrincess5, Apr 20, 2013.

1. WDWBigEd

WDWBigEd Member

So if you will have a car as stated above there are many Publix locations around the Walt Disney World area. There is also a Walmart close by that is huge. It can be very busy at times, but the prices are good and lots to chose from. With no car the Gooding's at The Crossroads delivers to the resorts as well. Also in the area I've seen people use Amazon Prime Now service to bring items to the resorts and Turner Drugs has small items like water and snacks. If you have a Military ID the Shades of Green Resort has an exchange on base which carries cases of water, bread, milk, chips ect.

2. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member

So, I'm staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge at Kidani Village in May with my Mom and younger siblings. We'll have a car. I know that there's a Super Target nearby along with a WalMart Super Center. Is one better than the other in terms of selection? I live about 5 minutes away from a WalMart Super Center. I've never been in a Super Target. Thanks and sorry to hijack this thread.

3. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

I believe that's the Lakeside Publix. Easy to get to, very little traffic and you don't go anywhere near I-4. The directions are permanently saved on my phone.

Turn onto Floridian Way, drive past the GF until you hit Center Drive, turn left at the 4 way stop, turn right at the light at Reams, take the 2nd road from the round about and the shopping center with Publix is less than a mile on the right. All back roads, you get to see the bus maintenance buildings, CM parking lot and other backstage areas around the MK. Takes no more than 15 minutes to get there on a busy afternoon. Something one can ever say about I-4....

4. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Well-Known Member

Run down Sherberth to 192 and you have all the shopping in the world. Walmart floats my boat for most things but Target has it as well.

5. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member