Clarion LBV?

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
So the husband and I are planning a BIG trip for January 2016. That being said we have always wanted to get to the Disney just us two. We went once when we were dating for a quick 3 day trip and have always wanted to get back there just the two of us. We love going with our kids - we've taken them 7 times! With that being said a trip with kids is so different than one without. However to keep within our budget we will have to stay off site. We do not drive - so that being said we will rely on free Shuttles and maybe cabbing it now and then. I have found some AMAZING deals on JetBlue - I also have a credit from reduced flights I got last trip - so that added I have found some Flight/Hotel deals for 9 days 8 nights for 800 or less. Include tickets in the mix and we'll be spending about 1200 not including food. I had a pin for 30% off resorts and I tried to check and yes I could stay for less time and get the cost down - but we don't want to compromise the length of stay. With no kids with us...I do not mind shuttling it to the parks etc. So with that being said - has anyone stayed at Clarion LBV? Did you like it? Was it clean? Most importantly - how were the shuttles?

Thanks

HollyAD

I stayed at the Clarion LBV for one night prior to our WDW stay. I think it has now changed to be the Rosen LBV if we are talking about the same hotel. I saw it recently on Groupon. The hotel itself was fine and clean enough. The lobby was nice and the front desk staff were nice (just watch out if you book through a third party, there was a little confusion because I had booked through hotels.com). The lobby contained a store and a restaurant which looked like a buffet. There was also a gate out front with security so we felt good about driving in and out late at night. The room was spacious compared to a value at WDW. There was larger sink area with a refrigerator as well. The bathroom and beds were average. My only advice is to ask for a room that does not face I-4, you could hear some traffic but we had no problem sleeping. From what I saw, the pool area was decent. It was a short ride to DTD and there are MANY chain restaurants in the immediate area. It was a convenient location if you need to grab something to eat or need a to grab supplies at a store.

I did not take the shuttle so I don't know much about that. But I can say that this is a good place for the money. There are many terrible hotels near Disney that cost more than this one. We paid about $60 a night which was great for a summer night in a clean hotel. I did read the reviews on tripadvisor before I reserved as I always do when I book a hotel. So please check this one out as well to make sure the hotel is still up to par.

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
I stayed at the Clarion LBV for one night prior to our WDW stay. I think it has now changed to be the Rosen LBV if we are talking about the same hotel. I saw it recently on Groupon. The hotel itself was fine and clean enough. The lobby was nice and the front desk staff were nice (just watch out if you book through a third party, there was a little confusion because I had booked through hotels.com). The lobby contained a store and a restaurant which looked like a buffet. There was also a gate out front with security so we felt good about driving in and out late at night. The room was spacious compared to a value at WDW. There was larger sink area with a refrigerator as well. The bathroom and beds were average. My only advice is to ask for a room that does not face I-4, you could hear some traffic but we had no problem sleeping. From what I saw, the pool area was decent. It was a short ride to DTD and there are MANY chain restaurants in the immediate area. It was a convenient location if you need to grab something to eat or need a to grab supplies at a store.

I did not take the shuttle so I don't know much about that. But I can say that this is a good place for the money. There are many terrible hotels near Disney that cost more than this one. We paid about $60 a night which was great for a summer night in a clean hotel. I did read the reviews on tripadvisor before I reserved as I always do when I book a hotel. So please check this one out as well to make sure the hotel is still up to par.

Thanks so much! Even when we go with kids we RARELY go back to the room mid day - so our room will literally be for us to shower and sleep! lol. However it needs to be clean!!! I did look up the area - great that there are so many restaurants near by - we'll either walk or take the bus to do some shopping as well.

I drove myself crazy this weekend reading reviews on Trip Advisor! Even really pricey places had some quite horrible reviews. I figured to ask my fell WDWMagicers to see what their thoughts were on this.

HollyAD

Thanks so much! Even when we go with kids we RARELY go back to the room mid day - so our room will literally be for us to shower and sleep! lol. However it needs to be clean!!! I did look up the area - great that there are so many restaurants near by - we'll either walk or take the bus to do some shopping as well.

I drove myself crazy this weekend reading reviews on Trip Advisor! Even really pricey places had some quite horrible reviews. I figured to ask my fell WDWMagicers to see what their thoughts were on this.

Yes, most of the hotels have some bad reviews! I did see a review about this hotel and mold. I did find a few very small flecks of mold on the ceiling of the bathroom. Florida is humid and I think mold happens. But for $60 a night I wasn't expecting it to be Disney. My sister stayed at the Ramada in Kissimme and it was so bad she refused to shower in the room! Strange part is that it had decent reviews.

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Yes, most of the hotels have some bad reviews! I did see a review about this hotel and mold. I did find a few very small flecks of mold on the ceiling of the bathroom. Florida is humid and I think mold happens. But for $60 a night I wasn't expecting it to be Disney. My sister stayed at the Ramada in Kissimme and it was so bad she refused to shower in the room! Strange part is that it had decent reviews.

Yeah everything is always going to have bad reviews. Ultimately I chose this one cuz it did have the most Good reviews vs bad....and the bad weren't horrible like others. Mostly about customer service....and quite honestly I can deal with bad service if the room is clean. Other resorts I looked at had pictures of some HORRIBLE things I cannot un-see lol! Yeah the mold I get it, I even get finding a bug or two in a room....happened to us at a Disney resort....again as long as it's not BED BUGS! lol. You gotta pick which is the lesser of a few evils so to speak! How was your check in/out?

HollyAD

Yeah everything is always going to have bad reviews. Ultimately I chose this one cuz it did have the most Good reviews vs bad....and the bad weren't horrible like others. Mostly about customer service....and quite honestly I can deal with bad service if the room is clean. Other resorts I looked at had pictures of some HORRIBLE things I cannot un-see lol! Yeah the mold I get it, I even get finding a bug or two in a room....happened to us at a Disney resort....again as long as it's not BED BUGS! lol. You gotta pick which is the lesser of a few evils so to speak! How was your check in/out?
Only a slight issue with check in. I had booked an hour prior to check in through hotels.com. I guess there was a delay in info from hotels.com and the clarion didn't know I had already paid. They were nice at the front desk and once a phone call was made to hotels.com it was all straightened out. No issues at check out but then again we only stayed one night.

yensid67

A friend and I stayed here our last trip and it was a very relaxing trip...even though we had a room facing I-4, we did not hear the traffic hardly at all! We are planning another trip in 2017 so here are my ideas and advice...

I would suggest that you check out visitorlando.com and get a discount MagiCard, they are free and offer MANY MANY discounts at almost every place you could imagine! The card never expires so you can get one now and it will be good when you make reservations. You can get the Clarion LBV (Rosen hotel brand) for $69.99 that includes breakfast buffet per person each morning. It is a buffet restaurant, but a hot breakfast each morning goes along way! When I made reservations for 2 adults for 6 nights it comes out to be $543.38, IF you have access to Allegiant Air nearby, check into them. It was a very nice flight from our hometown and didn't have to go to a major city to catch a flight!! We landed at SANFORD Orlando airport, so you would have to rent a car.(BUT Allegiant has awesome deals with f/h/c or f/c deals!) We picked up our ALAMO rental car and got on I-4 and headed to the hotel and withinb 45 minutes we were checking in to the hotel which is practically 10 minute walking distance to Disney Springs. I am pretty sure shuttles for ClarionLBV run all day long since they are a DISNEY GOOD NEIGHBOR HOTEL! I don't know what parks you plan to go to, but for tickets I would look up unofficialticketcenter.com or undercovertourist.com for Disney. For Sea World and Universal, I would go to their sites and see what they have to offer for your preference.

The Clarion's website...clarionlbv.com, tells you what their rooms are like, but I can say that the beds were very comfortable, they just rehabbed all their hotel in Orlando and all their rooms are the same no mater what hotel you stay at. Micro/frig/coffee maker/in room safe in every room. NO RESORT FEE!!!!! They is a grille/Sports Bar. 24 hr Convenience store, buffet restaurant, game room, laundry in each building, 2 VERY CLEAN pools and a splash zone for the kids. If you stay at the clarion LBV...YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! There are other restaurants around within walking distance, Directly behind the hotel is a shopping center with a grocery store. We maky be staying here again in 2017

Happy Planning! Planning is the best part of a Disney Vacation!

Last edited:

HollyAD

A friend and I stayed here our last trip and it was a very relaxing trip...even though we had a room facing I-4, we did not hear the traffic hardly at all! We are planning another trip in 2017 so here are my ideas and advice...

I would suggest that you check out visitorlando.com and get a discount MagiCard, they are free and offer MANY MANY discounts at almost every place you could imagine! The card never expires so you can get one now and it will be good when you make reservations. You can get the Clarion LBV (Rosen hotel brand) for $69.99 that includes breakfast buffet per person each morning. It is a buffet restaurant, but a hot breakfast each morning goes along way! When I made reservations for 2 adults for 6 nights it comes out to be $543.38, IF you have access to Allegiant Air nearby, check into them. It was a very nice flight from our hometown and didn't have to go to a major city to catch a flight!! We landed at SANFORD Orlando airport, so you would have to rent a car.(BUT Allegiant has awesome deals with f/h/c or f/c deals!) We picked up our ALAMO rental car and got on I-4 and headed to the hotel and withinb 45 minutes we were checking in to the hotel which is practically 10 minute walking distance to Disney Springs. I am pretty sure shuttles for ClarionLBV run all day long since they are a DISNEY GOOD NEIGHBOR HOTEL! I don't know what parks you plan to go to, but for tickets I would look up unofficialticketcenter.com or undercovertourist.com for Disney. For Sea World and Universal, I would go to their sites and see what they have to offer for your preference.

The Clarion's website tells you what their rooms are like, but I can say that the beds were very comfortable, they just rehabbed all their hotel in Orlando and all their rooms are the same no mater what hotel you stay at. Micro/frig/coffee maker/in room safe in every room. NO RESORT FEE!!!!! They is a grille/Sports Bar. 24 hr Convenience store, buffet restaurant, game room, laundry in each building, 2 VERY CLEAN pools and a splash zone for the kids. If you stay at the clarion LBV...YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! There are other restaurants around within walking distance, Directly behind the hotel is a shopping center with a grocery store. We maky be staying here again in 2017

Happy Planning! Planning is the best part of a Disney Vacation!

I have also found Clarion LBV on groupon for less than 60$ a night! It's such a great deal and you can't ask for a better low priced hotel in LBV.

Freshee61

We stayed there one trip. It's most definitely not disney but it is a bargain. Price is cheap. It includes continental breakfast. The tubs/ showers are plastic. The room is clean and nice. The motel is close. We had problems and they were handled professionally,swiftly and with ease. So if a cheap bargain is what u want want go for it.

yensid67

Check out AVANTIRESORT.COM

Better price than ClarionLBV or sister hotel The Rosen Pointe Orlando.

2 adults, 7 days= $499

lyssehm

We tend to stay there before our on-property stay starts. I've never had any issues, but I've never used their shuttles either. The breakfast is nice, especially since it is included in the room cost. You can eat as much as you want before heading to the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom