City walk pass

21stamps

Original Poster
It says "included in my package"

When I looked it up all I read was that you get into jimmy buffet's and Bob marley's

What is it?

trr1

here is what I found It is access to the nightclubs

Do it all. Feel it all. Dance, drink, shop, and see it all in one place–Universal CityWalk. Only here can you walk from some of Orlando’s most popular restaurants into some of its hottest clubs, trendiest shops and state-of-the-art theatres. It’s anything and everything you want to make your night come alive–Universal CityWalk, the Entertainment Capital of OrlandoSM.
Enjoy unlimited one-night club-to-club access and incredible music and entertainment at Universal CityWalk®

• CityWalk's Rising Star
  • Red Coconut Club®
  • Jimmy Buffett's® Margaritaville®
  • Bob Marley - A Tribute to
  • FreedomSM
  • the grooveSM
  • Latin Quarter
  • Pat O'Brien's®

21stamps

Original Poster
here is what I found It is access to the nightclubs

Do it all. Feel it all. Dance, drink, shop, and see it all in one place–Universal CityWalk. Only here can you walk from some of Orlando’s most popular restaurants into some of its hottest clubs, trendiest shops and state-of-the-art theatres. It’s anything and everything you want to make your night come alive–Universal CityWalk, the Entertainment Capital of OrlandoSM.
Enjoy unlimited one-night club-to-club access and incredible music and entertainment at Universal CityWalk®

• CityWalk's Rising Star
  • Red Coconut Club®
  • Jimmy Buffett's® Margaritaville®
  • Bob Marley - A Tribute to
  • FreedomSM
  • the grooveSM
  • Latin Quarter
  • Pat O'Brien's®

Oh ok thanks! So basically not something I need to worry about with a 6 year old.

Does Margaritaville and Bob Marley's have a 21 age requirement in the evenings?

trr1

Oh ok thanks! So basically not something I need to worry about with a 6 year old.

Does Margaritaville and Bob Marley's have a 21 age requirement in the evenings?
found here
on most days you must be 21 or over to get in to the clubs. However, experiences like the Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf and the movie theater can be enjoyed by all ages.

21stamps

Original Poster
found here
on most days you must be 21 or over to get in to the clubs. However, experiences like the Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf and the movie theater can be enjoyed by all ages.
Thank you!! I was looking at doing the mini golf/dining package...but will maybe have to rethink that.

trr1

Thank you!! I was looking at doing the mini golf/dining package...but will maybe have to rethink that.
you should have no problems with the mini golf dining there are other places to eat at I think its just for the club bar area and not the restaurant area

Bob Marley – A Tribute to FreedomSM
  • Catch a Fire - Chicken Sandwich
  • Sun is Shinning - Jamaican curry chicken with rice and peas
  • Natty Dread - Jamaican Veggie Patties
  • Belly Full - Jamaican Beef Patties

Fusion Bistro Sushi & Sake Bar
  • California Roll
  • Garden Vegetable Roll
  • Philadelphia Roll
  • Spicy Tuna Roll
  • Volcano Roll
sides:
  • Edamame
  • Ginger Garden Salad
  • Seaweed Salad
  • Miso Soup
  • Chicken Dumplings
  • California or Avocado/Cucumber Roll
    *Choice of one entree and one side

Jimmy Buffett’s® Margaritaville®
  • Margarita Pasta
  • Grilled Chicken Breast
  • Cheeseburger in Paradise
  • Chicken Caesar Salad
  • Florida Grouper Sandwich
  • Jimmy's Jammin’ Jambalaya

Pat O'Brien'S® - Orlando
  • Blackened Chicken Caesar
  • Cajun Mac and Cheese
  • N’awlins Shrimp Po’Boy
  • Flaming Fountain Chicken Sandwich
  • Courtyard Burger
  • Jambalaya
  • Muffaletta Sandwich

Disneyhead'71

I would skip the Golf/Dining deal. Just eat at Toothsome's, Cowfish, Antojito's or Vivo and then go play Mini-golf. The Mini-golf is much better at night. I like the SciFi Course best, but both are fun.

DisneyDaver

It says "included in my package"

When I looked it up all I read was that you get into jimmy buffet's and Bob marley's

What is it?

I've had it included in all the packages from my visits to Universal, but I've never used it.

Don't miss Cowfish at Citiwalk while you are down there. Great burgers, sushi and shakes.

21stamps

Original Poster
i'm undecided if we will go to city walk Thursday night (check in day) or just hang out at the hotel and order room service. I want my son to be asleep by 9 at the latest. We'll arrive around 5pm.

Friday will be parks open to close. Then bedtime.

Saturday is grinch breakfast, parks and then hopefully city walk.

Sunday- hang out at resort. Head over to universal in time for Macy's parade and Manheim steamroller. Blue man group that evening. Is that possible? If not then we will have to do the parade and concert on Saturday.

Monday- go home.

We will have 5 Disney park days before hand, 1 of which is MVMCP. I think we'll be pretty tired at the point. Last year he was up til midnight every night and up at 7am..as a result-his attitude midday wasn't pleasant.
I'm trying to avoid that this time!!

21stamps

Original Poster
I actually think that Cabana Bay would be the most interesting hotel for him.. But I don't like the lack of transportation and nothing in walking distance.

DisneyDaver

I actually think that Cabana Bay would be the most interesting hotel for him.. But I don't like the lack of transportation and nothing in walking distance.

I have found Hard Rock to be the best of the Universal resorts with young kids. 5-10 minute walk to the parks and Citiwalk.

Are you planning on taking him to see the Cinematic Spectacular show (closing time at Universal Studios)? My 7 year old nephew loved it when we were there.

trr1

guests enjoy free on-site transportation via air-conditioned shuttle bus to both theme parks and Universal's CityWalk®. There are also convenient walking paths from Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort and around Universal Orlando Resort.

21stamps

Original Poster
I have found Hard Rock to be the best of the Universal resorts with young kids. 5-10 minute walk to the parks and Citiwalk.

Are you planning on taking him to see the Cinematic Spectacular show (closing time at Universal Studios)? My 7 year old nephew loved it when we were there.
guests enjoy free on-site transportation via air-conditioned shuttle bus to both theme parks and Universal's CityWalk®. There are also convenient walking paths from Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort and around Universal Orlando Resort.

Is it a motel though? The bowling alley looks fun. The decor is also fun looking, and the pool looks fun. But will it be a let down for a kid coming from Disney? I thought the Royal Pacific would be perfect for these reasons- similar theme to Poly which my son loved. View of IoA from room. View of plane in lagoon (if both are possible at once?). Room service- I tried to google but doesn't look like room service is available at Cabana Bay. I like to have breakfast in the room to speed up time getting out of the hotel. Easier for kiddo to eat in his pjs and then get ready.

trr1

Is it a motel though? The bowling alley looks fun. The decor is also fun looking, and the pool looks fun. But will it be a let down for a kid coming from Disney? I thought the Royal Pacific would be perfect for these reasons- similar theme to Poly which my son loved. View of IoA from room. View of plane in lagoon (if both are possible at once?). Room service- I tried to google but doesn't look like room service is available at Cabana Bay. I like to have breakfast in the room to speed up time getting out of the hotel. Easier for kiddo to eat in his pjs and then get ready.
its more like Disney's Art of Animation resort. Cabana Bay has a kitchenette you can read more here and dining here
Redefine family time with a stay in one of these amazingly affordable suites. From the two 40” TVs to the convenient kitchenette to the brilliant bathroom area designed to let 3 people get ready at once, they give everyone more room to relax.
Family Suites

• Kitchenette with mini refrigerator, microwave and small sink
  • Two (2) 40" flat panel televisions with HD channels
  • 2 queen size beds
  • Living room with a full-size pull-out sofa
  • Complimentary* wireless internet access in each guest room and most common areas of the hotel
  • Upgrade to Premium Plus^ wireless internet access for optimal entertainment and business needs
  • Cuisinart double pod coffee brewer
  • Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and in-room safe
  • Extra-large bathroom features preparation space for 3 people at once

Courtyard Family Suite
There’s plenty of space for the whole family in the charming Family Suites. These retro rooms boast colorful décor, sleeping accommodations for six, two flat screen TVs, a kitchenette area, and a sliding partition for privacy. The extra-large bathroom features preparation spaces for three people at once, so everyone can get to the park early.

Courtyard Family Suite Poolside
Open the curtains and let the sun shine in. These Family Suites open up to the courtyard and pool area with sleeping accommodations for six, two flat screen TVs, a kitchenette area, and a sliding partition for privacy. The extra-large bathroom features preparation spaces for three people at once, so everyone can get to the park early.

Tower Family Suite
The Tower Suites are perfect for families and small groups. These retro rooms boast colorful décor, sleeping accommodations for six, two flat screen TVs, a kitchenette area, and a sliding partition for privacy. The extra-large bathroom features preparation spaces for three people at once, so everyone can get to the park early.

Tower Family Suite Poolside
Take in the sunshine along with a picturesque view of the lazy river and pool area from these interior suites. The lush, tropical landscaping makes a scenic backdrop to the quirky, fun design of your room. Like the other Tower Suites, these retro rooms boast colorful décor, sleeping accommodations for six, two flat screen TVs, a kitchenette area, and a sliding partition for privacy. The extra-large bathroom features preparation spaces for three people at once, so everyone can get to the park early.

DisneyDaver

I think Royal Pacific would be a great choice. I prefer the Hard Rock, but I couldn't blame you for Royal Pacific.

I would not stay at Cabana Bay if you can fit Royal Pacific or Hard Rock into your budget. Cabana Bay is farther from the parks and Cabana Bay doesn't come with Express Passes like the other two.

21stamps

Original Poster
My re
I think Royal Pacific would be a great choice. I prefer the Hard Rock, but I couldn't blame you for Royal Pacific.

I would not stay at Cabana Bay if you can fit Royal Pacific or Hard Rock into your budget. Cabana Bay is farther from the parks and Cabana Bay doesn't come with Express Passes like the other two.

My reasoning for avoiding staying at Hard Rock is this,

1. I've stayed at Hard Rock Hollywood and Hard Rock Tampa more times than I can count.
2. The Seminoles own Hard Rock and I hate giving them a dollar for a room when I can stay at any of their other properties for "free" (I use the term free loosely, since really it just means I've paid for it on their black jack tables lol).
3. I like the theming of Royal Pacific, at least from the photos.

I also like the theming of Portofino Bay, but Royal Pacific has the better location of the 2 from what I see..especially when we can see IoA from our room.

Cabana Bay does look neat, I just don't know if the rooms will be a let down after the Grand Floridian, or even Contemporary if I change my mind there again.lol

DisneyDaver

I also like the theming of Portofino Bay, but Royal Pacific has the better location of the 2 from what I see..especially when we can see IoA from our room.

I love the Portofino, but would not stay there with young kids. The walk to the parks is much longer than the walk from the Royal Pacific or Hard Rock. If it were just adults, I would recommend the Portofino over the other two.

The Royal Pacific will be great. I think you will have a fabulous time and will love the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom