Citrus Dreamin' - Game Thread - The Rapid River Rushes on!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This was the view you would see driving down Harbor Boulevard in Anaheim, California back in the 1940s:

4.max-600x600_nnlTJ85.jpg

Here is a picture taken from roughly the same spot in the 1980s:

6ba49a2c102cefb12f6e7e2dbb4c54df-800.jpg

We are all here for the same reason: because we love the art of theme park design! Themed entertainment might not have started there, but Disneyland is where theme parks as we know them began.

And Disneyland itself, began as orange groves

5f9737c244e06.image.jpg

Walt Disney said “I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing…that it was all started by a mouse.” While that may be true for the animation studio (ignoring the cats and rabbits that came first), Disneyland, and by extension every major theme park we know today, was started with just 160 Acres of Orange Trees and one little spark of inspiration.

So, let's carry that spirit of imagination AND Vitamin C forward as we start a new Armchair Imagineering competition...

Welcome to Citrus Dreamin'

0jA7DNd.png

Let's see what's growing on here!
Get in? Like "Going on," but with "growing" instead to fit the orange grove theme! Classic comedy!

--How does the Game Work?--

3cd4f-1.gif

Pictured: The start of a 3 Hour Tour

This is going to be a very accessible and a bit more of a back to basics armchair imagineering game. Taking it back to the simplicity of an orange grove* and a dream.
*Orange Groves will not be provided, if you cannot supply your own orange grove, any field of citrus trees will do.

This will be a Team Based Competition! With some loose Adventureland theming, Orange Bird as our adorable and marketable mascot, and a light hearted comedic tone inspired by the Jungle Cruise this game is sure to be a good time for all! The focus is on collaboration, brainstorming, creative writing, art, and presentation. Come up with an idea together and then communicate that in as fun and effective a way as you can!

Psixi35.png

Pictured: A Team Brainstorming Meeting

Citrus Dreamin' will be divided into a series of Wondrous Rivers. These will serve as "Acts" for the game, each with their own theme. Maybe one Wondrous River will involve projects taking place in different eras? Or perhaps one will involve a gimmick that changes an aspect of the gameplay?

The Imagineering Expeditions (our fancy names for the rounds/prompts) will generally take a week barring any unforeseen twists. Each Wondrous River will take players on 2-4 Expeditions (so, the acts will have about 3 rounds each give or take). I'll give the teams a challenge, and they'll propose their best ideas!

Expeditions will end in either a prize for the winning team or an elimination for the losing team. With the possibility of team shuffling to balance them out or extra eliminations due to lack of activity or other issues. If possible, any shake ups to the teams will happen between Rivers. These prizes will vary from very simple gags to things that might impact the next Expedition, so every round is important! Perhaps one might even win the coveted Golden Dole Whip

2021-DL-disneyland-park-tropical-hideaway-dole-whip-cup-4-700x525.jpg

Pictured: This, but Gold

--Some Reminders--

There will be an ultimate winner and getting competitive is a part of the fun, but the focus is on growing as Imagineers, having a good time, and creating some really cool stuff! If anyone needs an extension for any of the Expeditions I am happy to work with you, just ask 24 Hours before the due date so that it's fair to the other team.

I want to try to foster an environment where everyone is welcome and comfortable being themselves and having fun! If any other players make you feel uncomfortable in any way let me know and I'll do what I can to make it right.

The only other rule to keep in mind is that this is a celebration of artistic talent (writing, music, drawing, whatever!) and what makes you unique! So, while I'm not expecting every single photo used in every project to be an entirely unique (Google Images exists for a reason), but please no AI generated writing and images. Also, no using fan art that isn't yours without proper credit.

--Meet the Hosts--

Hey all, Pi here. Skipper Pi to be more specific. I'm taking us all on a cruise through the jungle! I'll handle the prompts, reviews, results, and all that good stuff that comes with hosting

NFQrTVS.png

Pictured: The best boat captain since Edward Smith

This handsome fellow is my co-host, OB, also known as the Orange Bird. Half orange, half bird, he moved to Florida long ago because of our delicious oranges so he may or may not be a cannibal. He's not exactly a songbird as he canonically cannot talk, sing, or make any noises at all. BUT he can communicate using thought bubbles that are visible to others and again that is all actual canon Orange Bird lore. OB will be in charge of handling any and all complaints

zapUnGP.png

Pictured: The real brains of the operation

While not joining our Jungle Cruise, @TheOriginalTiki will host the Liki Tiki Report! The hottest radio show in the jungle! This special edition of Tiki's podcasts will have new live episodes after the Imagineering Expeditions to discuss the projects as well as at critical junctures in the game to discuss important events, behind the scenes secrets, and fun twists.

gJXoHs7.png

Pictured: An artist rendition of Tiki

Ya never know what's gonna happen or who might show up as a guest (probably just me there with Tiki mostly, but who knows! Maybe Bob Iger? Tiki, get to work trying to get Bob Iger on the show please)

5qeKK4u.png

Pictured: A Podcast that will definitely feature Bob Iger probably

Expect the first episode tonight as we discuss the cast, answer any questions, and get ready for the game to officially begin! Check it out on the So You Want to be an Imagineer YouTube Channel tonight (3/13) at 9 pm WDW Time
(6 pm Disneyland Time, 8 pm Six Flags over Texas Time, 10 am tomorrow Tokyo Disneyland Time)

Can't forget our guest judge, @cdunlap! They might not be riding in the boat with us, but they will be runnin' up that hill to keep up with our journey so they can add another perspective and write up some guest reviews to give even more helpful feedback and advice for ya'll!

1710345357826.png

Pictured: Someone who would make a deal with God to get Him to swap our places if they only could

--Meet the Teams--

Since one host is a skipper and the other is half bird, it only makes sense for the two teams to reflect that!

Allow me to introduce you to...

KGILZQD.png

Pictured: Nothing but Nautical Nonsense for Niles and Niles

@Architectural Guinea Pig
@Brer Panther

@Disney Warrior
@Lord Fozzinator

@Outbound
@ThemeParkPriest
@spacemt354
@Tegan pilots a chicken

@WaltWiz1901

wEBShlH.png

Pictured: Birds of a Feather sure to Flock Together. Assuming "Flock" mean "Imagineer Stuff"

@AceAstro
@Disney Dad 3000
@DisneyManOne
@JokersWild
@Lizzy May Bee - 17th Place
@MonorailRed
@PerGron
@tcool123

The Game Begins in 24 Hours!
Are you ready?

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Welcome to The First River!

OGxW9ZW.png

Pictured: Art that is as good as the jokes

Citrus Dreamin' will be divided into 5 Wondrous Rivers with each new river adding a new twist or element to the gameplay.

The first river we encounter is creatively named: The First River! There will be 2 Imagineering Expeditions along this river, each with a bit more of a large scale or blue sky style to give players a chance to get used to the game and the teams a chance to find their footing.

There are no planned eliminations during the First River, but there will be rewards after both rounds!

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I feel so seen.

Also, just so you know because I really appreciate you doing it, as of this past Sunday the time difference is 13 hours rather than 14. Japan does not have Daylight Savings Time so the time difference changes with it.
That's what I get for writing it the other day and having it ready. Don't worry I promise to never be responsibly prepared for anything ever again

cdunlap

This was the view you would see driving down Harbor Boulevard in Anaheim, California back in the 1940s:

4.max-600x600_nnlTJ85.jpg

Here is a picture taken from roughly the same spot in the 1980s:

6ba49a2c102cefb12f6e7e2dbb4c54df-800.jpg

We are all here for the same reason: because we love the art of theme park design! Themed entertainment might not have started there, but Disneyland is where theme parks as we know them began.

And Disneyland itself, began as orange groves

5f9737c244e06.image.jpg

Walt Disney said “I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing…that it was all started by a mouse.” While that may be true for the animation studio (ignoring the cats and rabbits that came first), Disneyland, and by extension every major theme park we know today, was started with just 160 Acres of Orange Trees and one little spark of inspiration.

So, let's carry that spirit of imagination AND Vitamin C forward as we start a new Armchair Imagineering competition...

Welcome to Citrus Dreamin'

0jA7DNd.png

Let's see what's growing on here!
Get in? Like "Going on," but with "growing" instead to fit the orange grove theme! Classic comedy!

--How does the Game Work?--

3cd4f-1.gif

Pictured: The start of a 3 Hour Tour

This is going to be a very accessible and a bit more of a back to basics armchair imagineering game. Taking it back to the simplicity of an orange grove* and a dream.
*Orange Groves will not be provided, if you cannot supply your own orange grove, any field of citrus trees will do.

This will be a Team Based Competition! With some loose Adventureland theming, Orange Bird as our adorable and marketable mascot, and a light hearted comedic tone inspired by the Jungle Cruise this game is sure to be a good time for all! The focus is on collaboration, brainstorming, creative writing, art, and presentation. Come up with an idea together and then communicate that in as fun and effective a way as you can!

Psixi35.png

Pictured: A Team Brainstorming Meeting

Citrus Dreamin' will be divided into a series of Wondrous Rivers. These will serve as "Acts" for the game, each with their own theme. Maybe one Wondrous River will involve projects taking place in different eras? Or perhaps one will involve a gimmick that changes an aspect of the gameplay?

The Imagineering Expeditions (our fancy names for the rounds/prompts) will generally take a week barring any unforeseen twists. Each Wondrous River will take players on 2-4 Expeditions (so, the acts will have about 3 rounds each give or take). I'll give the teams a challenge, and they'll propose their best ideas!

Expeditions will end in either a prize for the winning team or an elimination for the losing team. With the possibility of team shuffling to balance them out or extra eliminations due to lack of activity or other issues. If possible, any shake ups to the teams will happen between Rivers. These prizes will vary from very simple gags to things that might impact the next Expedition, so every round is important! Perhaps one might even win the coveted Golden Dole Whip

2021-DL-disneyland-park-tropical-hideaway-dole-whip-cup-4-700x525.jpg

Pictured: This, but Gold

--Some Reminders--

There will be an ultimate winner and getting competitive is a part of the fun, but the focus is on growing as Imagineers, having a good time, and creating some really cool stuff! If anyone needs an extension for any of the Expeditions I am happy to work with you, just ask 24 Hours before the due date so that it's fair to the other team.

I want to try to foster an environment where everyone is welcome and comfortable being themselves and having fun! If any other players make you feel uncomfortable in any way let me know and I'll do what I can to make it right.

The only other rule to keep in mind is that this is a celebration of artistic talent (writing, music, drawing, whatever!) and what makes you unique! So, while I'm not expecting every single photo used in every project to be an entirely unique (Google Images exists for a reason), but please no AI generated writing and images. Also, no using fan art that isn't yours without proper credit.

--Meet the Hosts--

Hey all, Pi here. Skipper Pi to be more specific. I'm taking us all on a cruise through the jungle! I'll handle the prompts, reviews, results, and all that good stuff that comes with hosting

NFQrTVS.png

Pictured: The best boat captain since Edward Smith

This handsome fellow is my co-host, OB, also known as the Orange Bird. Half orange, half bird, he moved to Florida long ago because of our delicious oranges so he may or may not be a cannibal. He's not exactly a songbird as he canonically cannot talk, sing, or make any noises at all. BUT he can communicate using thought bubbles that are visible to others and again that is all actual canon Orange Bird lore. OB will be in charge of handling any and all complaints

zapUnGP.png

Pictured: The real brains of the operation

While not joining our Jungle Cruise, @TheOriginalTiki will host the Liki Tiki Report! The hottest radio show in the jungle! This special edition of Tiki's podcasts will have new live episodes after the Imagineering Expeditions to discuss the projects as well as at critical junctures in the game to discuss important events, behind the scenes secrets, and fun twists.

gJXoHs7.png

Pictured: An artist rendition of Tiki

Ya never know what's gonna happen or who might show up as a guest (probably just me there with Tiki mostly, but who knows! Maybe Bob Iger? Tiki, get to work trying to get Bob Iger on the show please)

5qeKK4u.png

Pictured: A Podcast that will definitely feature Bob Iger probably

Expect the first episode tonight as we discuss the cast, answer any questions, and get ready for the game to officially begin! Check it out on the So You Want to be an Imagineer YouTube Channel tonight (3/13) at 9 pm WDW Time
(6 pm Disneyland Time, 8 pm Six Flags over Texas Time, 10 am tomorrow Tokyo Disneyland Time)

--Meet the Teams--

Since one host is a skipper and the other is half bird, it only makes sense for the two teams to reflect that!

Allow me to introduce you to...

KGILZQD.png

Pictured: Nothing but Nautical Nonsense for Niles and Niles

@Architectural Guinea Pig
@Brer Panther

@Disney Warrior
@Outbound
@ThemeParkPriest
@spacemt354
@Tegan pilots a chicken

@WaltWiz1901

wEBShlH.png

Pictured: Birds of a Feather sure to Flock Together. Assuming "Flock" mean "Imagineer Stuff"

@AceAstro
@Disney Dad 3000
@DisneyManOne
@JokersWild
@Lizzy May Bee

@Muppetsfan#1
@PerGron
@tcool123

The Game Begins in 24 Hours!
Are you ready?
Where’s the guest judge here? (Me)

TheOriginalTiki

This just feels like some sort of meme location!
Fun fact, I Uber'd all the way there from our hotel (which was a considerable drive, it's kind of in the middle of nowhere) only to be met with the mountain coaster not being freaking open. So all I was left with was the actual goats on the roof. Yea, they were adorable and it's a nifty little gimmicky tourist trap, but definitely NOT worth a 20$ Uber ride haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom