Citricos, Narcoossee's, or GFC

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
If you had to choose to eat at Citricos, Narcoossee's, or the Grand Floridian Cafe, which would you choose? DH and I are likely stating at the GF next trip and would love to eat at one of the restaurants.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Both Citrico and Narcoosee are signature restaurants. We've enjoyed eating at all three. If you want a nice meal, not fancy, you can't go wrong with GFC - their dinner on Thanksiving rivals homecooked and I love their seasonal pancakes or lobster Eggs Benedict for breakfast.

The advantage of Narcoosee over the other two? Fireworks viewing - the restaurant lowers the lights and pipes in the music.

I've not had a bad meal at any of the GF TS restaurants. Haven't eaten at V&A yet, but it's on my list. Also love the Garden Tea.

Edited due to my stupid phone's autocorrect...

Last edited:

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Both Citrico and Narcoosee are signature restaurants. We've enjoyed eating at all three. If you want a nice meal, not fancy, you can't go wrong with GFC - their dinner on Thanksiving rivals homecooked and I love their seasonal pancakes or lobster Eggs Benedict for breakfast.

The advantage of Narcoosee over the other two? Fireworks viewing - the restaurant find the lights and pipes in the music.

I've not had a bad meal at any of the GF TS restaurants. Haven't eaten at V&A yet, but it's on my list. Also love the Garden Tea.
We may choose Narcoossee's just for that!

21stamps

The advantage of Narcoosee over the other two? Fireworks viewing - the restaurant find the lights and pipes in the music.

I had the lobster eggs Benedict more than I care to admit on our last trip. Lol

JohnD

I've been wanting to do the brunch there! Times have never worked out for us before.

OP, this would be my vote as well, or dinner..and GF Cafe for brunch one day too.

Their brunch is done course style. The great thing is, at one price, you can ask for more pastries and another main entree if you want.

Here's the description:
Sunday Waterfront Brunch
Savor a sumptuous meal featuring innovative coastal cuisine from North American seas. Our brunch occurs only on Sundays from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM and boasts delicious options for your dining pleasure.

Begin with your choice of a specialty beverage—prosecco, mimosa, Bloody Mary or an alcohol-free smoothie—along with a basket of fresh pastries for the table. (Guests must be 21 years of age or older to purchase alcoholic beverages.)

Next, enjoy flavorful appetizers sure to make your mouth water, including a scrumptious selection of artisanal cheeses, salmon rillette with fine herbs bavarois and our Brentwood corn and crab soup.

Then choose from several delectable entrées that range from freshly caught fish and brioche French toast to lobster eggs benedict and pan-roasted Alaskan line-caught halibut, among other tasty dishes.

Be sure to top off your delightful gastronomical experience with our tempting trio of desserts!​

And here's the menu: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/narcoossees/menus/

LAKid53

Premium Member
I had the lobster eggs Benedict more than I care to admit on our last trip. Lol

When they seat me for breakfast, I tell them I don't need a menu, I know what I want.... If it's Spring/Summer, sometimes I'll switch and go with their citrus pancakes; Fall is pumpkin pancakes.

If you want a really good dinner, but not necessarily upscale, you can't beat the GF Cafe. Their pasta is excellent, good steak, and yes, the shrimp and grits is :hungry:.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Their brunch is done course style. The great thing is, at one price, you can ask for more pastries and another main entree if you want.

Here's the description:
Sunday Waterfront Brunch
Savor a sumptuous meal featuring innovative coastal cuisine from North American seas. Our brunch occurs only on Sundays from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM and boasts delicious options for your dining pleasure.

Begin with your choice of a specialty beverage—prosecco, mimosa, Bloody Mary or an alcohol-free smoothie—along with a basket of fresh pastries for the table. (Guests must be 21 years of age or older to purchase alcoholic beverages.)

Next, enjoy flavorful appetizers sure to make your mouth water, including a scrumptious selection of artisanal cheeses, salmon rillette with fine herbs bavarois and our Brentwood corn and crab soup.

Then choose from several delectable entrées that range from freshly caught fish and brioche French toast to lobster eggs benedict and pan-roasted Alaskan line-caught halibut, among other tasty dishes.

Be sure to top off your delightful gastronomical experience with our tempting trio of desserts!​

And here's the menu: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/narcoossees/menus/

My mouth is watering just reading the menu. As I stare at my bowl of oatmeal......

Maybe I need to add a breakfast ADR to my November trip...

JohnD

My mouth is watering just reading the menu. As I stare at my bowl of oatmeal......

Maybe I need to add a breakfast ADR to my November trip...

Remember, only on Sundays. Like you, I like GFC for breakfast too and had a breakfast ADR there before my plan to hop to MK on my last day (9/24). Then I remembered it was Sunday. I changed my ADR to a 9:30am brunch ADR at Narcoosee's. I've done it once before and remembered how good it was.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Remember, only on Sundays. Like you, I like GFC for breakfast too and had a breakfast ADR there before my plan to hop to MK on my last day (9/24). Then I remembered it was Sunday. I changed my ADR to a 9:30am brunch ADR at Narcoosee's. I've done it once before and remembered how good it was.

Drats, I forgot that. And I probably won't be able to make one, since I will finish the W&D Half around 9:30ish and will need to clean up...and soak my feet and legs. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom