1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Citizens of Hollywood? Who? Where? When?

Discussion in 'WDW Tips' started by habuma, Sep 8, 2012.

1. mergatroid

mergatroid Well-Known Member

Thanks for that.

A quick question though. I saw a video the other day taken recently and Evie Starlight sounded a bit different, has the actress 'Jamie-Lyn Hawkins' been replaced or have a stand in? Or maybe her voice was a bit tired?

2. habuma

habuma Well-Known Member Original Poster

It was definitely the same Evie I've always seen. I suppose she may have had a stand-in on the day that video was shot, but AFAIK they usually don't do stand-ins like that.

mergatroid likes this.
  3. halltd

halltd Well-Known Member

I know this thread is kind of old, but I didn't want to create an entirely new one.

During my trips to DHS, I always try to catch the various "streetmosphere" acts like Citizens of Hollywood. Since I really only hit up the Studios for Toy Story and Tower of Terror, I love just wandering around to find the various performers. My family even sticks around to watch them now they're so funny!

On my last couple of trips, my favorite has been the "99 somethings walk into a bar". Bo Wrangler (is he still around), Dorma Nesmond, and Officer Pat Friskem are my favorites.

Anyone else love the CoH and have some links to really good videos of them? Any other favorite actors?

mergatroid likes this.
  4. mergatroid

This is one of my favourites featuring the quite delightful Evie Starlight :)

And this matchmaking one never gets old :cool:

melmel89 likes this.
  5. melmel89

melmel89 Well-Known Member

Evie is awesome, she's so funny!

mergatroid likes this.
  6. mergatroid

She's great isn't she. Here's her take on Cinderella :D

7. melmel89

melmel89 Well-Known Member

I love that clip! the one with her taking her driving test is my favourite her and Officer Peabody are great together

mergatroid likes this.
  8. habuma

As promised earlier in this thread, here are a couple of the videos I got of the CoH during our January trip. I've still got a few more staged to push to YouTube, but it may be a few more days before they go. In the meantime, enjoy these.

mergatroid and halltd like this.
  9. halltd

halltd Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for these! Bo is my favorite!

melmel89 likes this.
  10. JakeSpadaro

JakeSpadaro Well-Known Member

Whats the lady in the green outfits name? She's my favorite (and also always has the same actress)

11. halltd

halltd Well-Known Member

Paige Turner

12. habuma

You're quite welcome. I can't say that Bo is my favorite (I'm a bigger fan of Officer Peabody, Jack Diamond, Paige Turner, and Evie Starlight). But if Bo and Dorma are among your favorites, you'll want to check out the new videos I just posted...

mergatroid and halltd like this.
  13. mergatroid

I see the guy who played 'Ace' in the date sketch with 'Evie' is now playing 'Sonny Burbank' in this video :cool:

14. mergatroid

Here's one where Evie's voice keeps going different, the only time I've ever heard her speak like this :eek:

15. mergatroid

:D

halltd likes this.
  16. mergatroid

Anyone know where the COH spend their time in between shows? I'm sure they have a place backstage but just wondered what it's like, hi tech, full of mod cons like tv's and a pool table or just a shabby room that they make do with?

17. mergatroid

This was filmed 6 years ago and has Evie Starlight, Mimmi/ Betty Shambles and others out of character playing tourists by the look of it. This part is around the 5 minute mark.

18. BigRedDad

BigRedDad Well-Known Member

I love the CoH when they were just out randomly. The one time I didn't have my camera and my DD may have been 4. The rest of the family was getting off ToT. DD and I had walked up the street to look around. DD saw Daisy Day on the ground. She thought it was a park guest, walked over, and tried to help her up.Right in character, Daisy Day asked her to sit with her on the little blanket and the two of them just chatted for about 5 minutes. Having the best of times and turning it into a huge production.

Our plan on this next trip is to see as many of them as we can. We are there for 14 days so we should get a lot done in that time.