Citizens of Hollywood contracts

mm52200

Original Poster
I don't know how many people on here are Citizens of Hollywood fans or not but I just thought I would share some news from the Citizens facebook page. Contract renewals recently happened for the Citizens and unfortunately Betty Shambles, Daley Reels, and Holden Hollywood's contracts were not renewed. Also Mimi Kaboom will be leaving too but on her own terms. I'm very sad to see all of these amazingly talented performs leave or be let go, especially Betty Shambles. Betty has only been around for less than a year but the actress who is friends with her was the original Mimi Kaboom for several years prior to the creation of Betty.

John

And so it continues....CUTS!!!!! of the small details...the things that DID make WDW and DHS magical. This is the suff that really Pis**s me off. GO ahead Disney give me more reasons not to visit. I am sure there is someone who will say....'being a little dramtic".....Give me something positive ...go ahead....give me one thing, the PROPOSED DTD exspansion?....the PROPOSED Avatar addition?....the PROPOSED Carsland addition? OK a kiddie coaster that will open about a year from now.....FAIL!

These actors provided ambience....themeing. They always gathered a crowd. So much has been lost. Where will the personality come from? Week after week....month after month we lose something else. Sure in of itself it isnt that big.But when it has an accumlative effect it all adds up. Defenders of the faith keep telling us.....its comming.....its comming. I say WHEN! When is the bleeding going to stop? When will the tide turn?

mm52200

Original Poster
And so it continues....CUTS!!!!! of the small details...the things that DID make WDW and DHS magical. This is the suff that really Pis**s me off. GO ahead Disney give me more reasons not to visit. I am sure there is someone who will say....'being a little dramtic".....Give me something positive ...go ahead....give me one thing, the PROPOSED DTD exspansion?....the PROPOSED Avatar addition?....the PROPOSED Carsland addition? OK a kiddie coaster that will open about a year from now.....FAIL!

These actors provided ambience....themeing. They always gathered a crowd. So much has been lost. Where will the personality come from? Week after week....month after month we lose something else. Sure in of itself it isnt that big.But when it has an accumlative effect it all adds up. Defenders of the faith keep telling us.....its comming.....its comming. I say WHEN! When is the bleeding going to stop? When will the tide turn?

I agree with you 100%! However, I don't have too much information about whether or not these actors will be replaced or if they are indeed cuts. Although there a large number of remaining citizens still, it's very sad to see four of them disappear. Hopefully these contracts weren't renewed for creative reasons rather than cutbacks, but I have hard time seeing them bringing in four new actors to train and create characters for.

John

I agree with you 100%! However, I don't have too much information about whether or not these actors will be replaced or if they are indeed cuts. Although there a large number of remaining citizens still, it's very sad to see four of them disappear. Hopefully these contracts weren't renewed for creative reasons rather than cutbacks, but I have hard time seeing them bringing in four new actors to train and create characters for.

Sure there are other chracters.....How many things that get cut get replaced? Not many. It is indicative of what Disney has been doing of late....cut labor cost....Iger said it himself. It just stinks.

asianway

Didn't Holden not get a renewal last year? Thought he was subbing when I saw him last.

As far as creating new characters, isn't recasting somewhat of a cut? Ala Mimi & Dara

mm52200

Original Poster
Didn't Holden not get a renewal last year? Thought he was subbing when I saw him last.

As far as creating new characters, isn't recasting somewhat of a cut? Ala Mimi & Dara

I thought I heard that too, so I was confused when I saw him listed on the facebook page. Recasting could be considered a cut but when Mimi was recast, Betty Shambles was then created in addition to Mimi. Also the only similarities between the two Mimi Kabooms were their name and costume. The two characters were completely different.

asianway

I thought I heard that too, so I was confused when I saw him listed on the facebook page. Recasting could be considered a cut but when Mimi was recast, Betty Shambles was then created in addition to Mimi. Also the only similarities between the two Mimi Kabooms were their name and costume. The two characters were completely different.
I also saw Betty at Slueths-she is a good one

mm52200

Original Poster
Although these things are probably pretty set in stone, it never hurts to go to Guest Relations in person and write them a letter too.

Citizens come and go each & every year -- I wouldn't even begin assuming that Disney is cutting the "show" at all.

As mentioned, Mimi's portrayer is leaving of her own accord (TV). The others, well, we can only assume that they were not as well-liked by guests. Betty was HILARIOUS, but probably a bit too risque for most. Again -- we don't know all the details, so we can't assume anything.

Correct -- Holden was 'cut' from full-time last year, but has been subbing all year long (about as close to full-time as you can get from the looks of it).

They will add new characters to replace those that are leaving -- the same as they've been doing for years & years and years. :D

As far as the (EXTREMELY TALENTED) actors & actresses go, they will be just fine!!

asianway

Citizens come and go each & every year -- I wouldn't even begin assuming that Disney is cutting the "show" at all.

As mentioned, Mimi's portrayer is leaving of her own accord (TV). The others, well, we can only assume that they were not as well-liked by guests. Betty was HILARIOUS, but probably a bit too risque for most. Again -- we don't know all the details, so we can't assume anything.

Correct -- Holden was 'cut' from full-time last year, but has been subbing all year long (about as close to full-time as you can get from the looks of it).

They will add new characters to replace those that are leaving -- the same as they've been doing for years & years and years. :D

As far as the (EXTREMELY TALENTED) actors & actresses go, they will be just fine!!
Just want to point out that there were CoH cuts like 2 years ago where some were moved to the modern day crew and the set times were diminished. They used to end at 5:30 to even 6:30 daily with two different shifts, now theres one shift of Classic Citizens. There was an overall reduction at that time - all of the directors got the axe inexplicably.

mm52200

Original Poster
I'm sure the actors will be fine, but I'm sure a lot of them enjoy having this as a somewhat steady job in addition to any side projects they do. Also I've heard a lot of people say that maybe Betty was too risqué but I would like to think that if the powers in charge thought that, they would of never let the character be created instead of now letting the talented actress go. I'm sure whenever a new character is created they have to go through some kind of approval process.

Betty LLG

I don't know how many people on here are Citizens of Hollywood fans or not but I just thought I would share some news from the Citizens facebook page. Contract renewals recently happened for the Citizens and unfortunately Betty Shambles, Daley Reels, and Holden Hollywood's contracts were not renewed. Also Mimi Kaboom will be leaving too but on her own terms. I'm very sad to see all of these amazingly talented performs leave or be let go, especially Betty Shambles. Betty has only been around for less than a year but the actress who is friends with her was the original Mimi Kaboom for several years prior to the creation of Betty.
Do we know if Frederick is still with public works. we saw a recent you tube and lenny and sparky has someone else with them. Frederick is the best! thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom