Circle of Life... Why is it still there?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Are you saying Soarin' Isn't good? It's one of the only 60 minute+ wait time rides I would wait for!

No. No that's not what I said at all. I was stating that Soarin' and Living with the Land are already so popular within the pavilion, that I'm guessing the only reason CoL is still in there would be because that if it became a popular attraction, that the pavilion would be really overly crowded.

Although a true theory probably would resemble something closer to Tiki Room... It's simply an attraction that won't be noticed by management unless it gets caught on fire.

Cmdr_Crimson

The message that it's bad for the environment to tear up a remote, semi-tropical wilderness and reconfigure existing waterways in order to build a sprawling vacation destination that will attract visitors from the farthest reaches of the globe travelling in polluting vehicles?

Gosh, I'm glad nothing like that has ever happened in Central Florida...
tumblr_m0cx01zj6t1r38kv3o2_r2_250.gif

seahawk7

So is this the one where timon and pumba are damming up the river to build a resort?
yes it is.

I really like this show. I like the little preshow in the area where you sit. For me, I find it to be a nice restful escape from the heat and crowds plus it is a good message. Beside, you know you will be able to find a recycle bin for your water bottle.

Figaro928

While I'm indifferent to the attraction, I agree with the OP that the huge place could be much better utilized with an updated new attraction. However, with them being Disney and us being a Disney forum - nope never going to happen......

Gullywhumper

No. No that's not what I said at all. I was stating that Soarin' and Living with the Land are already so popular within the pavilion, that I'm guessing the only reason CoL is still in there would be because that if it became a popular attraction, that the pavilion would be really overly crowded.

Although a true theory probably would resemble something closer to Tiki Room... It's simply an attraction that won't be noticed by management unless it gets caught on fire.
Ah, I see. Who's up to get the torches?

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I don't believe I've ever actually seen this...more info please? What is it about?

"Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable is a 70 mm film shown in the Harvest Theater in The Land pavilion at Epcot in Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida. It opened on January 21, 1995 replacing Symbiosis. Compared to its predecessor, Circle of Life is more an edutainment attraction and more kid-friendly.

In the film Timon and Pumbaa from The Lion King are chopping down trees and clogging up rivers to build the Hakuna Matata Lakeside Village. Simba comes to them and explains how their actions are harmful to nature. This lesson is explained with live-action footage, some left over from Symbiosis."
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_of_Life:_An_Environmental_Fable

STITCHGEFAN

Astounds me how people complain about Epcot being so outdated yet want to keep this in the park!

I agree to some extent, the message needs to be spread and it fits The Land, but surely, SURELY it can either be a) moved elsewhere so the theatre's size can be utilized to its full potential or (b update the show.

Personally would like to see both happen. Whilst it may not fit others areas of the park it would at least provide an attraction that Epcot needs and also pave the way for a new attraction.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Astounds me how people complain about Epcot being so outdated yet want to keep this in the park!

I agree to some extent, the message needs to be spread and it fits The Land, but surely, SURELY it can either be a) moved elsewhere so the theatre's size can be utilized to its full potential or (b update the show.

Personally would like to see both happen. Whilst it may not fit others areas of the park it would at least provide an attraction that Epcot needs and also pave the way for a new attraction.

Not saying it fits in this area at ALL... But it needs to be in a theater about the size of the one at the exit of Maelstrom. Or better yet, if they had ever re-opened WoL, it would be good in the Making of Me theater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom