1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Cinderella's new look...

Discussion in 'Animation, Movies, TV' started by BrightImagine, Aug 2, 2012.

1. BrightImagine

BrightImagine Well-Known Member

Ok, this is the first time I've ever started a thread, and I feel a little silly dwelling on this... but if I can't share it in a Disney forum, then where can I? A couple of weeks ago we visited our local Disney store, and on almost all of the merchandise, Cinderella had a new look. Her hair had been changed, and even her face looked... younger.

Here she is on a lunch bag: http://www.disneystore.com/cinderella-cinderella-lunch-tote/mp/1307455/1000014/

And here she is on a party plate. [​IMG]
    I have always like Cinderella's very 1950 makeup and "fluffy" hairstyle, so I wasn't fond of this change. I tried to ignore it thinking it was just going to be on merchandise... but recently I saw this picture used on a Disney Movie Rewards sweepstakes. So now I am thinking maybe this is Cinderella's "new image." What do you think?
  2. PRNCSAurora

PRNCSAurora Active Member

I"m not a fan. It just doesn't look like Cinderella. It just looks like a blond with a slightly similar hairstyle in the same dress.
    missbunny likes this.
  3. raven24

raven24 Well-Known Member

I don't like it.
  4. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member

It's the newest look for all the Princesses. They go trhough these once a year and the all look terrible. It all looks like an attempt to compete with Barbie-ish marketing and nothing really to do with selling the actual movies, but that's why it probably works.
  5. BrightImagine

BrightImagine Well-Known Member

You're right... I see on their website that Belle and Ariel also got new hairdos... I guess Cinderella's just stood out the most to me.
    http://www.disneystore.com/belle/mn/1000074/?catalogFromSearch=10002
    I hope it will pass.
  6. Can we go yet?

Can we go yet? Active Member

What's the point in doing this?
  7. Fern

Fern New Member

I really don't like it too. I think they shouldn't do something too change classic princess look coz it still well. I don't know why disney did like this. I hope all of princess will be back in the original look.
  8. olinecoach61

olinecoach61 Well-Known Member

I don't care for it either. It seems they are making her more Barbie doll like.
  9. Fern

Fern New Member

In this new look it's not soft beauty or kind like original look I think. However I guest that it is a business. If they has a bad feedback, it will become the same. I just hope that will happen quickly!!!