Christmas surprises left in room

lorinmike2728

Original Poster
Making first ever Christmas day trip to WDW. Staying at Old key West. I am trying to find out a way to get presents left in the room prior to our arrival at the resort.
I purchased the Christmas tree from Disney Floral. Thought it would be an awesome surprise for my kids to have a present left from "Santa" in the room.
I talked to OKW and they said they couldn't have it left in the room prior to our arrival.
Hoping someone might have some ideas...

ABQ

Making first ever Christmas day trip to WDW. Staying at Old key West. I am trying to find out a way to get presents left in the room prior to our arrival at the resort.
I purchased the Christmas tree from Disney Floral. Thought it would be an awesome surprise for my kids to have a present left from "Santa" in the room.
I talked to OKW and they said they couldn't have it left in the room prior to our arrival.
Hoping someone might have some ideas...
Did you ask if they could deliver it to your room after you arrive? Perhaps time it so upon return day 2 it's there?

lorinmike2728

Original Poster
They said I needed to ship it down prior, them pick it up from a desk at the resort. I was really hoping to have it in the room when we arrived. We're getting there Christmas evening and thought it would be awesome to have it there.

At worst, I can bring something down with me and try to sneak it under the tree before they look. The problem is their old enough to know when I am up to something!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
They said I needed to ship it down prior, them pick it up from a desk at the resort. I was really hoping to have it in the room when we arrived. We're getting there Christmas evening and thought it would be awesome to have it there.

At worst, I can bring something down with me and try to sneak it under the tree before they look. The problem is their old enough to know when I am up to something!
If they are old enough to know you are up to something maybe they are old enough to appreciate the gesture for what it is.

If you want something delivered prior to check in, and OKW says they can't do it, I'm not sure how else you would accomplish what you are trying to do.

R W B

How old are the kids? Old enough to send to the arcade or someplace else by themselves or maybe do you have another adult going with you to watch the kids? If so, ship the gifts down to the resort then when you get there send the kids off somewhere and then you run to the room and set the gifts up. Maybe even send the kids back to the car to grab a bag you "forgot".

dreamfinder

I think that only Disney Floral has the ability to have something in your room when you arrive. It needs to be bought and coordinated through them. Anything else, Disney doesn't want to take responsibility for leaving it in room. If they initially assign you one room, but need to reassign it they don't want to have to worry about things not being in the room/being in the wrong room/getting to the wrong people/etc. Your best bet would probably be to have it shipped down, tell the kids the room isn't ready, find some way to slip way and set it up, then an hour or so later "The room is ready!".

Scott10

This would take place upon arrival, so I don't know if this is an option, but on our trip to the world over Christmas, I hustled a couple of presents from Santa from my vehicle into the room on Christmas morning along with a note from Santa telling our little one that the rest of her presents were under the tree at home and to tell Mickey hi for him well before she woke up! The look on her face on Christmas morning was absolutely priceless!
If you are not driving, and would be taking the gifts with you, hidden in luggage, could you keep them hidden until Christmas morning?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom