Christmas Rumors?

Siren

I totally agree that losing Osborne Lights is a huge loss for WDW. We attended Osborne Lights last year during the final week and it was so crowded. People hung around and didn't want to leave -- it was so sad. Even on the way to DHS, we were stuck in so much traffic -- our driver said it was unusual for that time of day and that everyone wanted to see the Osborne Lights before it goes away.

There were many CM's and employees who said that Disney is planning something similar to Osborne Lights, it has been very successful and profitable for Disney.

If attendance is down then I think it substantially increases the chance that Disney will do a brand new light show somewhere else. It's cheap and can be done in any one of the parks.

I never got to see Epcot's Winter Lights or whatever it was, but I heard this was very popular in the past. So maybe Disney can do a combination of Osborne Lights and Winter Lights at Epcot -- it would bring in huge crowds for the holidays.

EOD K9

Speaking of MVMCP, the in laws bought us tickets to that event, and in all the times I've been to the World, I have never been to that. Having said, that, are the wait times for the better rides shorter? are the hot chocolate and cookies fairly decent? Any info related to this event would be appreciated. Thanks.

mousehockey37

I hope for something new, too. That doesn't cost extra....

HAHA... good one... Something at no extra cost....

Not all is lost, they're looking to add new instrumentation to the parade

http://blogmickey.com/2016/08/disne...umentation-mickeys-upon-christmastime-parade/

Already another thread on that. Use the Search function, they just improved it!!!!

As far as losing the Lights and being concerned about Christmas? Well, Disney will decorate what they normally do, Christmas will be packed as usual and those of us not at the Parks on Christmas Day will be subject to watching the "Disney Parks and Aulani Concert Series with select clips of a few things from the Parade" which features no one we want to see and poor guests that signed up to give up big chunks of their time to have 15 minutes of fame of being on tv, lol.

mimitchi33

New for Christmas this year will be Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration a new Castle show for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Beyond that nothing else has been announced.
Wow, I wonder what that will be like.
I really hope some new costume characters show up this year to make up for the losses!

yellowb

Everyone is concerned about the loss of the Osborne lights, and rightfully so. I am surprised that there hasn't been mention that there is no longer a theater for the Comedy Warehouse to perform in this Christmas season. :mad:

roj2323

It will be interesting to see what they come up with as they will have to do something for christmas or the park will be more dead than Animal kingdom after 3pm in January.

djkidkaz

The easiest and quickest answer for them is to bring out characters. Bring out a bunch of holiday dressed characters at one of the parks for November and December and there you go. People eat that stuff up being able to get exclusive photos with rare characters or even the regular characters in rare outfits.

21stamps

It will be interesting to see what they come up with as they will have to do something for christmas or the park will be more dead than Animal kingdom after 3pm in January.

Yeah, um something like Star Wars? I'm impatiently waiting to hear the details of the show being extended, as well as a desert party. I can't imagine it will go away, hopefully anyway!
The easiest and quickest answer for them is to bring out characters. Bring out a bunch of holiday dressed characters at one of the parks for November and December and there you go. People eat that stuff up being able to get exclusive photos with rare characters or even the regular characters in rare outfits.
Stormtrooper March, I don't need, or want, any SW characters in costumes, but Minnie's Holiday Dine should be fun.

mikenatcity1

Speaking of MVMCP, the in laws bought us tickets to that event, and in all the times I've been to the World, I have never been to that. Having said, that, are the wait times for the better rides shorter? are the hot chocolate and cookies fairly decent? Any info related to this event would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've been to many parties- if the party ends up selling out, it could be packed. Near the end of the evening (after the fireworks) the park starts to empty (families will do the special character M&G, parade, fireworks then leave). That's when i've had the best luck of rides. The cookies are ok; the hot chocolate is usually great (only 1 time was is cold and not good). There are other options in case you don't want cookies or hot chocolate (1 year it was close to 90 degrees during the party- we all got apple juice and water).

I say it's great to do at least once, if anything for the parade, fireworks and free snacks :) If you have a choice when to go, try one of the earlier parties- i've had better luck with less crowds the earlier in the season.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom